Polar Vortex 2021

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if you need to keep your faucets dripping ( if it’s freezing outside) if you have power in your home and it’s warm.
We let ours drip. Our house is raised and even though our pipes are wrapped with foam insulation they can freeze. Son 3 had 2 burst on him. We were over there helping get the first fixed when we heard the second. Moving water will still freeze but at a slower pace.

It would depend on your house too with how your pipes run. If you have an uninsultated wall where the pipe is, your house is built on piers, if run up into the attic and not insulated.

We let ours drip. Our house is raised and even though our pipes are wrapped with foam insulation they can freeze. Son 3 had 2 burst on him. We were over there helping get the first fixed when we heard the second. Moving water will still freeze but at a slower pace.

It would depend on your house too with how your pipes run. If you have an uninsultated wall where the pipe is, your house is built on piers, if run up into the attic and not insulated.
Thanks I put them all back on drip again

I think climate change is real, but I dont consider the human / natural debate simply that the weather and climate IS changing and getting more antsy , so I think everyone is just going to have to adapt to change. Arguing the CAUSE as usual achieves nothing, looking how to survive makes more sense.

Anyway our American cousins wont let bad weather pry their guns from their cold dead hands, And any anticyclone coming near them will get a 30-06 between the eyes. Just waiting for FOX NEWS to blame the Eskimos for freezing TX . And every Merkin Patriots Constitutional right to sit in their 7 liter trucks in a closed up garage running the engine to keep warm is their god given right. Yeeehah. :)

earths temperature is increasing and its called climate change, if it continues unchecked there will be no such thing as cold winters and we'll all fry in the summers.

I wonder if the huffing and puffing of hot air by 75 million disgruntled republicans is warming the planet :)

I hear the NRA is blaming the Mexicans for stealing all the warm air from TX :)

Last edited:
Remember, Al Gore says that the Earth’s temperature is increasing because of global warming. ;)

I think according to Al Gore and other loons that the world ended no later than 2020.

So we have the galloping lefty Senator from New York Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez who says we have TWELVE years to save the world from climate change. BUT.

Andrew Simms of the Guardian told us many years ago that we had only 100 months to avoid disaster,meaning that time ran out in 2016.

Al Gore told us that we had just ten years in July of 2008 to ensure the survival of the United States of America. So America has been screwed for a decade now.

Jim Hensen warned in 2009 that Obama only had four years to save Earth. Apparently Earth was lost in 2013.

Prince Charles told us in May 2008 that we had just eighteen months to stop climate change. That gave us until the end of 2009. Then Prince Charles by July 2009 said this had been extended to just 96 months to save the world, Time ran out in 2018. In July 2019 Charles once again said we have 18 months to save the world.

Lester Brown published in 2009 that we had only months, not years to save civilisation from climate change. Its been years.

Its all BS but a good way of hitting us with more taxes and keeping plenty of activists, ologists, academics and politicians in good jobs.

FYI They discusses Climate Change at Davos earlier this year, they did so by using 1500 private jets to get to and from the venue

150789946_3676198149137811_48917055707614925_n.jpg
144907802_3649394828484810_5521208647097257672_n.jpg
144417368_3628828420540829_3753200628020309569_n.jpg

Hunny had to go over to son 3's house today to help fix a busted water pipe. Finally got it fixed but
still no water. . . Turns out that his water company lost power so can not pump water for the customers. My mom's city is having a problem with burst pipes throughout the city so she has low water pressure and under a boil water notice.

So far, our water supply from our county has been good. We did drain all the lines from the well so that is not an option this time. I have drinkable water stored in the house to use if need be and for animals and toilets it would be the LNVA canal water.

For heat, we only use wood in both the fireplace and wood stove so we always have a good amount of wood stored. My sister who lost her electricity was using her gas fireplace to stay warm. Here a lot of homes are all electric. Mainly the older homes would have both electric and gas.
What kind of wood do you have? Mesquite? I pay a dollar per pound to buy mesquite for my smoker!

I went up in my garage attic and found that none of my pipes are covered. I also have no insulation up there..other than a spray coating of radiant barrier. My coworker had her pipes burst (she was staying with her mom) in a two hour time, there was an unbelievable amount of damage.

I went up in my garage attic and found that none of my pipes are covered. I also have no insulation up there..other than a spray coating of radiant barrier. My coworker had her pipes burst (she was staying with her mom) in a two hour time, there was an unbelievable amount of damage.

Get lagging and insulating I suggest :) and stay safe.

If you are in doubt, drip. The problem is this freeze is hitting people not prepared for this weather. Their plumbing is going to be exposed whether they realize it right now or not. If your plumbing explodes it may cost thousands of dollars and damage all your possessions. Insurance may not cover it.

Latest posts

Back