Coffee in the TEOTWAWKI

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
šŸ¤¢
We have different definitions of "totally fine." LOL
My wife used to think that was totally fine, I never have. But I spoiled her with fresh roasted coffee and now she can't drink that swill anymore.
Point taken. I just meant "totally fine" as in "meets specifications." Not that I'd enjoy it. Although I'd be glad for it at TEOTWAWKI I'm sure.

For those days everything goes to the end i'm sure i'll have enough coffee beans of my favourite coffee including an manual coffee grinder to enjoy the end for a few weeks. And to brew my coffee in italian style i'm using my Bialetti wich is working on an camp fire too.

https://www.bialetti.com/it_en/shop/caffettiere/caffettiere.html

I just got an original Bialetti Moka Express (AKA "Moka Pot") at a Goodwill thrift store. I used James Hoffman's technique and it was really good on the first try.
The Bialetti is like the Italian "Mr. Coffee", LOL. Only not electric. They are in every home almost. Water is forced up through the brewing chamber by steam pressure.
cGc

Don't like coffee, don't care if it goes away. But of course it seems like some people like the stuff. Maybe with Baileys if would be worth drinking....maybe.

I don't like what most people call "coffee." But then I don't like turnip greens or kale either.
People like what they like, "different strokes for different folks."

I took a look at his coffee. It's pricey, but it's "specialty grade" which is held to very high standards. If it is specialty grade then it's much better than what 99% of people have ever experienced. I cannot even buy specialty grade coffee here locally, and none of the coffee shops here have specialty grade coffee because people here don't know what it is and would not pay the premium for it. Very little of the green coffee I buy is specialty grade, because I can't afford it.

Specialty Coffee Grade requirements:
  • Specialty coffee uses human and mechanical means to filter out the defects.
  • The SCAA defines specialty coffee in its green stage as coffee that is free of primary defects, has no quakers (abnormally pale coffee beans), is properly sized and dried, presents in the cup free of faults and taints and has distinctive attributes. In practical terms this means that the coffee must be able to pass aspect grading and cupping tests.

If you buy any of it let us know how it is.

I know he's made a boat load of money and i've seen a cple intervies with him. Maybe I'm being too judgemental but something about him gives me the woolies

I worked in a Coffee roasting plant for 38 years, most of our equipment was German, Probat.
We had a coffee sample roaster that I was told was a one of a kind, still in use, but I now know that it is rare, but not the only one.
I oiled it, because it is so old that, there were no grease fitting when it was made, only oil cups.
I did all the maintenance on it for years, it looked like this one, with some small differences.
1661482639805.png

I've never seen my father drink anything besides coffee and beer, and occasionally whiskey and wine. I personally have never developed the taste for coffee. Can coffee be grown in the US? I think I heard where it's grown in Hawaii.
My Father would drink a six oz. club now & again, in early morning, he worked nights for thirty three years.
He drink coffee & ice tea mostly. I drink coffee & tea, wine when it is offered or shot of whiskey when offered.
I have friends who like for me to try new drinks, maybe it the faces I make when I try them. Maybe it because I never been drunk,
I was afraid of what would happen if I past out. They dressed my brother up & took pictures, nothing bad, but he had no deal until he saw the pics.

My Father would drink a six oz. club now & again, in early morning, he worked nights for thirty three years.
He drink coffee & ice tea mostly. I drink coffee & tea, wine when it is offered or shot of whiskey when offered.
I have friends who like for me to try new drinks, maybe it the faces I make when I try them. Maybe it because I never been drunk,
I was afraid of what would happen if I past out. They dressed my brother up & took pictures, nothing bad, but he had no deal until he saw the pics.
Years ago I got drunk at work one time and passed out in the break room. I was the senior manager at the time. One of my employees took a permanent marker and wrote something very inappropriate on my forehead. It took days for it to wear off.

Haa! Grief! When i was young.. about 12 or 13! ..(70's) We'd steal Boones Farm strawberry hill wine and stay over at my good friend down the street's house and she had a brother. Their mother was single parent, hippie type...heavily involved with local live theatre, (artist type), smoked the weed, etc..rarely home...

My sister n I would look forward to stay all night there on weekend..and the neighbor boys would sneak over and we'd play spin the bottle on the back porch...and/or dare each other to run around the house outside naked...true! drinking the strawberry hill wine. One night the brother of my friend fell asleep and we gals put lipstick on him and eye makeup and a pair of his sisters underwear across his face from ear to ear....next morning after he discovers the violation committed upon him...he's screaming "I'm telling mom! "...

We (gals) also drank coffee back then. I guess it made us feel more mature...
Next morning after we got through laughing and denying knowledge of how that happened to her brother ....we brought him a cup of coffee to try n settle him down and "make up". Didn't work!

Btw...we'd also love to go over at times after school and eat condensed chicken noodle soup or tomatoe soup, and a bologna sandwich and yes, a cup of coffee afterward! (Classy eh?) Patterned after my parents and her mother who would all drink coffee out of a siphon hose if they had to.

Those were the days! šŸ˜›

Latest posts

Back