Polar Vortex 2021

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be 3 (F) for tomorrow's high. Ice might be thick enough by the end of the weekend that I can get out and fish on it, a pretty rare thing for this latitude.

...but rare weather keeps getting more common around these parts...

My wife and I got wood. The wood shed is about 40 feet from the house. One wheel barrel heats the house for 2 days. About 4 big armloads. It was a little above 0 F. The snow is like baking soda and squeaks under your feet. The wind blew about 40 mph. A gust blew snow off the shed and down into my coat around my neck. Not fun I thought. Then I thought about the folks that lived right here a few thousand years ago.
She "Honey I just had another baby. I'll go wash him off in the snow."
He "Is that number 6, or 7?"
She" That 8 but only 2 are alive now."
He " I'll take this stick with a sharp rock tied to it and go cut down a tree and drag it back for firewood."
She " Can you pick up some groceries on your way home?"
He "Sure if I see a critter and it doesn't eat me first. If I make it home I'll spend a relaxing afternoon
Making arrowheads and spearpoints.
We talk about surviving. And getting ready for shtf. Can you imagine hard was for them? I drove to town in a heated car on slick roads. Even in this tiny town I was amazed how much stuff was on the shelves in the grocery store and how little work it was for me to get them. When I got home I spent a relaxing afternoon reloading. Those people back then were tough! Can you imagine living without cars, electricity, cell phones.
food from the store, or birth control? I hope we don't find out, but we may. Solution, Prep More.

My wife and I got wood. The wood shed is about 40 feet from the house. One wheel barrel heats the house for 2 days. About 4 big armloads. It was a little above 0 F. The snow is like baking soda and squeaks under your feet. The wind blew about 40 mph. A gust blew snow off the shed and down into my coat around my neck. Not fun I thought. Then I thought about the folks that lived right here a few thousand years ago.
She "Honey I just had another baby. I'll go wash him off in the snow."
He "Is that number 6, or 7?"
She" That 8 but only 2 are alive now."
He " I'll take this stick with a sharp rock tied to it and go cut down a tree and drag it back for firewood."
She " Can you pick up some groceries on your way home?"
He "Sure if I see a critter and it doesn't eat me first. If I make it home I'll spend a relaxing afternoon
Making arrowheads and spearpoints.
We talk about surviving. And getting ready for shtf. Can you imagine hard was for them? I drove to town in a heated car on slick roads. Even in this tiny town I was amazed how much stuff was on the shelves in the grocery store and how little work it was for me to get them. When I got home I spent a relaxing afternoon reloading. Those people back then were tough! Can you imagine living without cars, electricity, cell phones.
food from the store, or birth control? I hope we don't find out, but we may. Solution, Prep More.

Its still like that in parts of the Appalachians

Minus 7 here and 30 mph winds, it means the northern English girls will have to put a thin cardigan on over their cotton dresses when they go out.

An extra pic just for Arcticdude
chopping ice.png

Hang in there and be VERY careful dude. We are at minus 11° C at the moment and have to add water to the pigpen trough every few hours after it freezes before they can even get the couple of gallons drunk. Threw an apple out under the trees for a few of the birds to eat since they can't find much lately and it froze in a hour.

Latest posts

Back