Polar Vortex 2021

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An extra pic just for Arcticdude
View attachment 12192
I'll be doing that myself pretty soon but thank goodness on a smaller scale. . . (crossing fingers) The goats water barrels are only 25 gallons and only 2. Worried about the cows barrels though. They are set up with the automatic fills. We will need to shut off lines and drain so that lines dont bust which include the garden sprinklers. May be needing to haul water once again. Wont be the first time. Still have the 55 gallon barrels that we filled and hauled around in the back of the truck.

I'll be doing that myself pretty soon but thank goodness on a smaller scale. . . (crossing fingers) The goats water barrels are only 25 gallons and only 2. Worried about the cows barrels though. They are set up with the automatic fills. We will need to shut off lines and drain so that lines dont bust which include the garden sprinklers. May be needing to haul water once again. Wont be the first time. Still have the 55 gallon barrels that we filled and hauled around in the back of the truck.
We have frost free hydrants at all of our water tanks that we fill with short hoses. We break the ice and remove it daily. The cattle, chickens and ducks have all learned to drink when the water is available. Usually the ice is about 4" thick every morning when i break it with a big steel bar. For the main water tank for the cattle I have to plow around it so the cows can reach the water.

I will admit that we are only using the wood stove right now to heat the house and in the front of the house where the living room/kitchen is, it is a little cool. Hunny sit is his recliner with a blanket and a scarf around his neck. I guess I need to throw in a roast in the oven tomorrow to cook on low to warm up the front of the house.

Snowmaggedon starts for us at 2 am. Below zero the next few nights. Monday night will be wayyyy below zero.
We're heating with wood stove, too, but no one wants to get up at 4 am and throw on another log, so we set the heater thermostat to a low level and it'll pick it up if need be.

Germany votes for Austria and Vice Versa, Finland votes for Sweden and Vice Versa, Croatia votes for Bosnia even though the Serbian song is better, Switzerland votes for Italy and Vice Versa and no one votes for the UK cos they all hate us :)
Eurovision is pure set up . 性交 those retards

Snowed all day yesterday and its still snowing this morning. The long range forecast is calling for snow every day until at least March 1st. The snow blower broke last night so I need to try and get to town to get some parts to fix it. The snow is getting too deep to use the tractor and snow plow.
We heat with wood 100%. I get up 3 or 4 times during the night to add wood. If we're going to out for most of the day I'll set the thermostat on the furnace the keep the house from freezing.

Al Gore says global warming is raising the Earth’s temperature.🤣
global warming.jpg

This was a great lesson for this Texan who doesn't even own a pair of thermals. Ran out of firewood, ran out of meat in the freezer, milk, eggs, etc I do have my dehydrated serious crisis preps but just going by what is in the refrig and pantry- I could do better- Even with advance warning I did not expect the intensity this packed- I am blessed power has remained on for us- we have two generators and one propane heater. The 4wd was a life saver. I have to get a plan together and patch up these areas.IMG_5718.JPG

It was 33degrees here today but sunny at least. I worked outside most of the day and was cold the whole time. After reading the majority of the texts above I’ll count my blessings and not complain!

We have round two tonight - temps have been below freezing like 2 degrees this morning- how do you people live like this 😭
I know exactly how you feel. 11 degrees this morning but real feel was 0 degrees. . . Burr!! I had to drive into work this morning and I still have sleet on the hood of my truck and icicles hanging on the bottom. With all the black ice on the road. Slowest drive ever!

We finally made it up to 8 degrees! Hooray!
Kelly...sorry about hearing all that, and about Tx in general. We have family in Denton, and they were not that prepared. One of them had a chain saw out this afternoon to cut firewood. Too bad it's not seasoned. Please get prepared, eating long term food storage is not a fun thing. Wondering what most Texans are doing for running water and for heat.

We have round two tonight - temps have been below freezing like 2 degrees this morning- how do you people live like this 😭
For many years I have asked that question. This time of the year I look at real estate. Come spring I wonder how I could live anywhere else, no crime, (not true John got a DUI, Sally was speeding. Bill poached a deer.
Jim's kid sprayed graffiti on the bridge). I can walk around without fear of crime. No homeless people, begging. I know I will never be a burden to anyone. I hope.

Global warming/climate change are caused by the destruction of woodlands, building of subdivisions, buildings! When you see a construction worker taking a lunch break, he always goes and sits under a tree, Not out in the open! Even a 6 year old kid will tell you it is cooler in the woods than out in the open! He will also tell you he would rather walk bare footed in the meadow than on concrete or asphalt when it is sunny! Trees create Oxygen we need to breathe and take in carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide which are harmful to us. Over population, of humans, only add to cause! Never understood how these so called "Scientist" can't, or won't, figure this out? We will soon deplete all our natural resources and have no more land to build on, wonder what these "scientist" will say then?

Hunny had to go over to son 3's house today to help fix a busted water pipe. Finally got it fixed but
still no water. . . Turns out that his water company lost power so can not pump water for the customers. My mom's city is having a problem with burst pipes throughout the city so she has low water pressure and under a boil water notice.

So far, our water supply from our county has been good. We did drain all the lines from the well so that is not an option this time. I have drinkable water stored in the house to use if need be and for animals and toilets it would be the LNVA canal water.

For heat, we only use wood in both the fireplace and wood stove so we always have a good amount of wood stored. My sister who lost her electricity was using her gas fireplace to stay warm. Here a lot of homes are all electric. Mainly the older homes would have both electric and gas.

Latest posts

Back