Most Unusual Prep

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Instruments...musical instruments. One kid plays the alto sax, one the guitar, one the violin, I play piano and guitar, three of us can sing (only my daughter is outstanding at it).

Not going to be sitting out in the woods cranking tunes when things are dangerous but, hopefully there will come a time where music can be created again.

My strangest is probably my pee funnel. lol. I don't want to get half undressed in the woods just for a quick squirt as it is safer to be more mobile, plus I can get the job done standing up so I can keep an eye on threats.

I know, too much information! :D

I installed an 8' jib crane into the bed of my bug-out truck. My bug-out preps are staged in cruise boxes that weigh about 500lbs each. With the crane I can drop four boxes onto my customized bug-out trailer and load anything that weighs less than 1000lbs into the bed of my truck. Total time from decision to bug out is less than thirty minutes for almost three tons of gear and supplies, including my motorcycle. Made the decision when I was trying to load a 250lb generator onto the trailer. If things get bad enough for me to make the decision to leave for an extended amount of time, I'm taking my tools, welder, acetylene torch, chain saws and whatever else I need to set up shop somewhere else for good if necessary.
I also just built a customized minibike that's small enough for me to carry but will do almost 30 mph. I've tested it by dragging a deer and firewood out of the woods and the big tires have excellent flotation. Got the idea when I read about how the VC used bicycles to haul supplies during the Vietnam War. I plan on using it as a kind of mechanical mule. The British used something very similar when they were blockaded during WWII.

I've been thinking about getting a hoist for my truck.
They have one that goes in your receiver that would work very well.
I mainly want it for my Honda EU7000is. It ain't light at 270lbs.

I've been thinking about getting a hoist for my truck.
They have one that goes in your receiver that would work very well.
I mainly want it for my Honda EU7000is. It ain't light at 270lbs.
Yep, I need one too. I'm getting too old to get those big bucks into the back of the pickup by myself.

Yep, I need one too. I'm getting too old to get those big bucks into the back of the pickup by myself.

I miss my days in Junction Texas.
We had a John Deere tractor with a front end loader. I used it to haul the feral hogs to the front of the property and dump them over the fence.
It sounded like a piano being dropped off a ten story building when they mowed the easements in the spring.
Of course it was great for gutting deer as well. I'd use welding vice grips on each leg gut em and load em into the truck and take em to the processor.
We occasionally had Axis deer on the property and those were a real treat. You could steak out the whole animal since they had no gamey taste at all.
Used to wake up in the morning and look out the bedroom window to check out what was in the pecan grove. If there was an Axis I'd sneak out the front door and go around to the back porch and drop em.

1651548506097.png

We had a John Deere tractor with a front end loader. I used it to haul the feral hogs to the front of the property and dump them over the fence.
John Deer with a front end loaded is what my brother in law uses to bring his deer back to camp. I'm not quite there yet, LOL.

The most odd prep?
I think, that was not to buy something. The decision not to buy a new one when the old TV left my house was one of the best I ever made.

And we are "collecting" boardgames. Good for SHTF or the next lockdown...

That was one of the Wife's first moves.
It's a good thing to have when video games aren't an option.
We used to play a lot of Yahtzee years back and to tell you the truth I miss it.

@GaRp58 I have this and it should work. Very easy to control temp.View attachment 16046

Being in Texas most everyone has an offset smoker.
Used to cook in competitions years back but it became more work than I cared to do.
Sold my Pitts and Spitts recently because it was way bigger than I needed these days and it was a wood hog.
A4B7051B-4322-45E0-ACA4-70A077F28F9F.jpeg

Bought a Lang reverse flow pitt and I absolutely love it!!!
It's plenty big,uses far less wood and it's simple to hold a temp.
67979812-8947-44AF-8DFB-F1B2A67410FB.jpeg

Latest posts

Back