Just curious šŸ§

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 7650

Reaction score
So I have been following politics for about 15 years. I donā€™t think I have ever seen us so divided. With the amount of people (rightfully in my opinion) questioning the election results in both local and National elections I have to wonder if this country could be potentially headed towards a civil war. I know that seems far fetched, but hear me out. The delegitimizing of election results is not something unique to any one political party. The left did it when President Trump was in office with the whole Russian collusion stuff, and the right wing sees the election as rigged either by media interference or massive fraud. This causes the people to lose faith in their government election process, and makes it so they no longer feel they can solve their issues in a peaceful manner due to large portions ,of both sides, believing that the ā€œgame is riggedā€ so to speak. Historically, when there are no peaceful options to settle political differences violence tends to take place. TO BE CLEAR I DO NOT WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICAL OPINIONS. My question is what preps and what options would be needed for a modern civil war? Is anyone else worried about this possibility?

I'm not sure there's much you can do to specifically plan for civil war. I would say it's about the same as any civil unrest. I can't honestly imagine what a civil war in the US would be like at this time. The civilians are better armed than any other country, but we still have have nowhere near the capabilities of the military. In my opinion, whoever controls the military will control the country unless there are some ver tactically wise leaders in the opposition.

My question is what preps and what options would be needed for a modern civil war? Is anyone else worried about this possibility?
I do not know why you posed this question...for a political answer to the political problems in America?
For a prepping question and a prepping answer? To hear of what specific preps we are securing towards the possibilitiy of Civil War so you can do the same or to find out our weaknesses and strengths? Why?
It does not matter to me why, but it should and would to most people here...
First, you cannot prepare for any war without weapons and ammo, food, shelter, commo, several different plans of defense and offense, much training in a group wherein you at least PLAN to operate, different types of uniforms and a group of very well trained, motivated and professionally equipped people which you would and must trust with your life.
Secondly, you have the need of security and info, method of operations of your "enemy", their strengths, their weapons, their training and movement capabilities, their motivations and whereabouts, their personal gain interests in the "war" and if they are really enemies from a foreign nation or just friends and neighbors who have been lied to enough....
Third, you must be able to think in the third person and be able to shoot without remorse, decide who and why to shoot, be able to shoot better and faster than the "enemy" and most important, be ready to die for your beliefs, freedom, belongings and especially for your fellow "soldiers" as if (because they are!) they were
YOUR FAMILY!!
Fourth, are you ready physically, mentally, spiritually and financially to LOSE EVERYTHING that you consider to be civilised: food, warmth, clean clothes, soft bed, friendly conversations, quiet times, clean water, no fear of death every second, a church on every corner, open stores, a car or truck to drive and not have to walk everywhere, losing a friend every day to the war and never being able to sleep more than a few minutes at a time????? Can you keep your sanity amongst the horrors of sleeping next to the dead because you cannot bury them, cannot change your clothes covered with their blood and not be able to run anywhere without KNOWING someone is looking for you, waiting to kill you and leave your body in the wilderness for the coyotes to eat????
Do not ASK THE QUESTION if you do not want to HEAR THE ANSWER...
You cannot prep for a civil war, a tornado, a hurricane, an EMP or anything special...since you do not know the future....you can only prep and then: hope and pray your preps were right and enough...
I participated in a civil war, you slept with your weapon, showered, peed and pood, drove, drank coffee, watched TV, played pool, went walking and had sex with your weapon...you never knew when the alarms would go off, when and where the next bomb fell, who you could trust or not, if you had enough ammo or even enough magazines filled for the moment. You have to be ready to fix up badly wounded, arms missing, legs hanging by shreds, half of faces still clinging to life and begging to be shot....you cannot prep for civil war or any war...you just do what you can, try to survive and be thankful you got out alive. The dead are heros, the living are
just lucky or blessed. Live free, Gary

You have gotten several well thought out responses:

@Survivor_316 civil war is really civil unrest, with government, more than likely, choosing a "side".

@Amish Heart brought up living in a state where both the government and the majority of citizens, would support your "side" would be immensely helpful.

@GaRp58 pointed out the mental conditioning and emotional discipline you have to have AND practice.

Here is mine:

Civil war is Anarchy. In anarchy, any group can do their own thing. There isn't just necessarily one "side" but, those who sometimes fight along side one faction or the other as a matter of convenience.

I will give you an example:

My grandmother grew up during the Russian Revolution, WWI, had children in WWII, and became a refugee after her husband was "disappeared".

We have never found out what happened to him. It could have been the Nazis because he was Polish (the group Hitler aimed to exterminate after the Jews).

It could have been the Russians, because after he was forcibly conscripted (before WWII) he deserted.

It could have been a Polish Communist sympathizer, because he was Szlachta (Polish historic noble class) and Kulak (Ukranian land owner).

It could have been the Ukranian "Freedom Fighters) because he was a Pole, living in Ukraine.

It could have even been the Polish Underground, believing he was a spy.

All he was, was a guy, who was trying to secure papers to get his family somewhere safer than where they were.

If, it comes to civil war, there will not be just one clear "side". The enemy of my enemy is my friend...until they aren't. Think of all of the factions that exist here in the US, each would be vying for control, even within one "side".

A civil war will be much more messy than I think many realize.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back