Most Unusual Prep

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not medically trained and my knowledge is limited to first aid on construction sites, now many years ago, so what kind of medical tools would anyone suggest, so far I have limited my supplies to lots of first aid kits and a small pack of scapels.

there's a few of the most detailed and complete lists of med kit & supplies for an experienced person >>>

1st is Nurse Amy (Bloom) from Dr Doom fame >>>> Nurse Amy's Survival Medical Supply Kit List...

2nd is JerryD Young's 16 part med list >>>>> #20 posting at the same link

3rd is an updated & more extension Nurse Amy list >>>> #36 at the link

Last edited:
I installed an 8' jib crane into the bed of my bug-out truck. My bug-out preps are staged in cruise boxes that weigh about 500lbs each. With the crane I can drop four boxes onto my customized bug-out trailer and load anything that weighs less than 1000lbs into the bed of my truck. Total time from decision to bug out is less than thirty minutes for almost three tons of gear and supplies, including my motorcycle. Made the decision when I was trying to load a 250lb generator onto the trailer. If things get bad enough for me to make the decision to leave for an extended amount of time, I'm taking my tools, welder, acetylene torch, chain saws and whatever else I need to set up shop somewhere else for good if necessary.
I also just built a customized minibike that's small enough for me to carry but will do almost 30 mph. I've tested it by dragging a deer and firewood out of the woods and the big tires have excellent flotation. Got the idea when I read about how the VC used bicycles to haul supplies during the Vietnam War. I plan on using it as a kind of mechanical mule. The British used something very similar when they were blockaded during WWII.

I installed an 8' jib crane into the bed of my bug-out truck. My bug-out preps are staged in cruise boxes that weigh about 500lbs each. With the crane I can drop four boxes onto my customized bug-out trailer and load anything that weighs less than 1000lbs into the bed of my truck. Total time from decision to bug out is less than thirty minutes for almost three tons of gear and supplies, including my motorcycle. Made the decision when I was trying to load a 250lb generator onto the trailer. If things get bad enough for me to make the decision to leave for an extended amount of time, I'm taking my tools, welder, acetylene torch, chain saws and whatever else I need to set up shop somewhere else for good if necessary.
I also just built a customized minibike that's small enough for me to carry but will do almost 30 mph. I've tested it by dragging a deer and firewood out of the woods and the big tires have excellent flotation. Got the idea when I read about how the VC used bicycles to haul supplies during the Vietnam War. I plan on using it as a kind of mechanical mule. The British used something very similar when they were blockaded during WWII.
`
if you can't take your shop tools with you for whatever reason - cache them outside your immediate shop area - have the preps ready to enviro protect & camo the tools in a remote spot >>> better than having them left to be ripped off or burned up .....

We've been using a Coleman 2-burner camping for years. But for long term evacuations to our BOL I invested in one of these propane ovens last year to use outside on the cabin porch wneh we lose power. I found a deal on a new one for around $189, if I'm remembering that right. Seems like the going price at that time on these was around $269-$289, depending on the vendor, so I thought this one a good deal. They sure have gone up with demand and inflation. I hate standing over a hot fire to cook unless I absolutely have to, so dutch ovens would be my last choice for baking/cooking.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/camp-chef-propane-camp-oven-and-stove

We've been using a Coleman 2-burner camping for years. But for long term evacuations to our BOL I invested in one of these propane ovens last year to use outside on the cabin porch wneh we lose power. I found a deal on a new one for around $189, if I'm remembering that right. Seems like the going price at that time on these was around $269-$289, depending on the vendor, so I thought this one a good deal. They sure have gone up with demand and inflation. I hate standing over a hot fire to cook unless I absolutely have to, so dutch ovens would be my last choice for baking/cooking.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/camp-chef-propane-camp-oven-and-stove

Color me jealous! I didnā€™t even know about these. Have never seen one! You definitely got a good deal. Will be searching for one of my own.

Sometimes I find entire camping collections for sale in ebay in Germany. Some GI left to go back to America and his kids do not know how or why of the stuff and sell it cheeeeeeeap. Coleman gasoline stoves brought back from Afghanistan, Russian kerosene and alcohol stoves, fishing stuff and archery equipment.

I have one of those ovens. About 4 years ago, my oven went out the day before Thanksgiving. My range burners worked. So I used the camp oven, the range burners, and dutch oven on coals to make dinner. It worked great. There was a learning curve on getting the temp right on the oven though, but I used it for weeks and weeks until the part came in on my kitchen oven.

My back up oven my stick burning smoker. Pizza has turned out well in the firebox. I do have to further practice with it For other things. I want to try bread in cast iron with it.
If it doesnā€™t work, I have the bread maker, but I have to run the Gen.

If it doesnā€™t work, I have the bread maker, but I have to run the Gen.
Recipes for making bread in a frying pan or dutch oven over a fire and coals on the lid...

I made ashcakes back in 1975-'76 while crossing America with a backpack:

SOMETHING ELSE I ALREADY TRIED AND IT WORKS:

Last edited:
been looking for a Coleman collapsible oven at garage sales for years - found an old original rigid box type once - they show up on the internet - but DAMN - they want a small fortune $$$ ....

@GaRp58 I have this and it should work. Very easy to control temp.
04483030-0EB5-4860-8D37-BDB509D45F6A.jpeg

Latest posts

Back