Let the looting begin

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, nothing foodwise TO loot, lol.

For about 4 days before it hit, the store shelves (here in central FL) were empty on these items. Basically, if you didn't get it on the holiday (Mon), like I did, you just didn't get it. Afterwards, nearly the whole town was out of power for at least 2 days, most of us (me included) a couple days longer, so stores closed, or even if open, still out of those items.

Again, nothing foodwise TO loot, lol.

For about 4 days before it hit, the store shelves (here in central FL) were empty on these items. Basically, if you didn't get it on the holiday (Mon), like I did, you just didn't get it. Afterwards, nearly the whole town was out of power for at least 2 days, most of us (me included) a couple days longer, so stores closed, or even if open, still out of those items.

So it's safe to say the majority of grocery stores large and small don't have 3 days of food in an impending known crises even if rationed per person.

We all read and heard that grocery stores have about 3 day supply of food, government emergency planners base the planning around this in a national crises. Strictly talking food such as bread and can goods my question is this, where the shelves empty of bread and can goods leading up to hurricane Harvey and Irma making land fall in Texas and Florida? granted a local crises and not national. I'm just curious.
I know we were out by the second day after storm hit. Can't say the day before since I wasn't scheduled or day after. Area was flooded and I was not able to make it in even driving the F350. I tried and ended up turning around. Hunny recommended me driving tractor but I wasn't that loyal. . besides, that would have been a long ride out in the rain, even if it was only light rain then.

Latest posts

Back