Electric Cars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YOU prob have lead acid batterys, the BIG problem with disposing with new elec car batterys are they are LITHIUM and explosive!!!
Yep. They're all lead acid batteries. My old batteries were Crown. They worked fine, until they didn't. One day I was in the electrical room and one of the batteries blew a hole in the top by the post while I was looking at it.

Yep. They're all lead acid batteries. My old batteries were Crown. They worked fine, until they didn't. One day I was in the electrical room and one of the batteries blew a hole in the top by the post while I was looking at it.
I have seen that happen before, when i was working several of my buildings had really big battery rooms to augment computer back up systems, THEY were all lead acid!

The cargo ship is still burning...they can't put it out.
https://www.dw.com/en/qa-fire-on-board-the-fremantle-highway/a-66385434
66384460_1004.webp

Lithium reacts to moisture and water like sodium and phosprus,
They also "react" to being charged or discharged incorrectly.

Lithiums come with battery managers which monitor charge/discharge rates in order to keep the battery from melting down.

I think many of the accidents are from these circuits failing. But the fires are so intense there is no circuit board left to analyze.

My aunt got "trapped" in her car on a scorching hot day in the Mississippi Delta. Not really trapped but she had to drive the car with the interior electrical system out. Couldn't roll down the electric windows, no AC or vent fan. She had to drive holding the door open to get ventilation.
This was decades ago when we were still in an "impending ice age".
So the forecast for this week for the Delta can't be blamed on "global warming"...it's normal and always been that way.

Belzoni.png

Latest posts

Back