Electric Cars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a stupid debate. Electric cars have been around for a long time. Whoever wants one can go buy one. Leave the politics out.
You're correct in your way.
But when the politics make it to an politic demanding and law as it happens in Europe yet the it is an politic debate and it's impossible to leave the politics out.
When this "we-save-the-universe" religion tells you by law and ignoring democracy what you have to eat, how and how often you travel or drive, how you have to life or even what you have to think - then it's highly politic.
It's the politics who forbidden cars with fossile fuels from 2035 onwards - without asking the citizens. It's the politics who forbidden oil- and gasheating and conventional electric heating from 2030 onwards withouth asking citizens.
It's the politics who work at an plan people don't eat more than 50 grams of meat / day in an few years. Without asking citizens.
I could blow the thread with a lot more examples like this what's happening in Europe those days and months.

So yes, agree, driving electric cars shall be an personal debate and not an political one. But if the political ignores democracy so it's changing from an stupid debate into an very serious political problem.

The reason why in Europe the electric power firms started to mount "smart meters" everywhere. First they can read your power consumption anytime. Second the can cut of an part or the complete power by an button if your consumption is to high.
Some european states already started to install laws to make an cut-off legal, like UK.
So no worries, the total control is on the way.

BTW - don't think the leaders want you're driving an electric vehicle - in my opinion it's you don't drive any vehicle anymore. #15min city.
Many laws are installed to keep the people idle.

Thinking that disaster has been averted -- after they made the effort to create it -- is a mistake. The law could be changed at any moment and the infrastructure already exists.

1689156743957.png

I wouldnt have an elec car, they are nothing but bombs on wheels, they are VERY dangerous
I just installed a new heat pump in our local fire department and was talking with a couple firefighters about the dangers of the lithium batteries, from what I gathered from them was most all the rule stations are not properly equipped to fight the lithium battery fires.
I’m like you Dave give me an older gas burner and the rich can have their toy cars.

I just installed a new heat pump in our local fire department and was talking with a couple firefighters about the dangers of the lithium batteries, from what I gathered from them was most all the rule stations are not properly equipped to fight the lithium battery fires.
I’m like you Dave give me an older gas burner and the rich can have their toy cars.
What really bothers me is that if we respond to a wreck and have people entrapped in an elec car we cant get them out before it blows up, we have no way to put the fire out!

What really bothers me is that if we respond to a wreck and have people entrapped in an elec car we cant get them out before it blows up, we have no way to put the fire out!
That’s exactly what the guys said, even if you get it put out it starts back up till the batteries are fully discharged.

I use our electric golf cart around our place here and it's normal job requires feed buckets on the back. ;)

Used to have one at our old weekend place with a flatbed on it.
This was outside of Junction Texas in a very remote area.
Loved going out at night and driving the gravel roads up in the hills.
You'd come across all kinds of wildlife since it was quiet,from bobcats,fox,porcupine,ring tail cats,and of course deer.
And it hauled the beer down to the river....

Used to have one at our old weekend place with a flatbed on it.
This was outside of Junction Texas in a very remote area.
Loved going out at night and driving the gravel roads up in the hills.
You'd come across all kinds of wildlife since it was quiet,from bobcats,fox,porcupine,ring tail cats,and of course deer.
And it hauled the beer down to the river....
Ever have the batteries run down AT the river??

When I changed out the battery bank on my solar electric system, I now have a pallet of useless batteries. Not sure what to do with them now. I'll probably just dump them over the hill. I guess it would be pretty expensive to change out the batteries in an electric car too. And disposal could also be a problem.

When I changed out the battery bank on my solar electric system, I now have a pallet of useless batteries. Not sure what to do with them now. I'll probably just dump them over the hill. I guess it would be pretty expensive to change out the batteries in an electric car too. And disposal could also be a problem.

Call places to see who buys them like battery store or auto parts. Next time you go to town, load them in your truck and sell them.

Latest posts

Back