Dear God, DO SOMETHING!!!!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo is real.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/residents-photo-flooded-nursing-home-fine-49475157
>

"Fifteen senior citizens were rescued from a Dickinson assisted living community, hours after a viral photo showing them sitting in waist-deep water went viral.
Dickinson emergency management coordinator David Popoff confirmed that 18 people were rescued from La Vita Bella, an assisted living facility in the 3500 block of Oak Drive in Dickinson."

http://www.galvnews.com/news/free/article_e1ffff8e-435d-5c78-ab46-57d6bc7dc6a5.html
>

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/27/us/flooded-nursing-home-residents-trnd/index.html
>

"Ken Clark, a Galveston County commissioner, confirmed on Sunday that the residents had been rescued, though he could not say for sure how many.
He said the furor over the photo was not what brought emergency responders to the scene.
We knew about it before it hit social media,” he said. “We were working on a solution for the nursing home, and it was in progress, so social media can sometimes leave one with the wrong impression.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/nursing-home-houston-texas.html?mcubz=3&_r=0

DIPbkZ7UMAAoFgd.jpg

Maverick just because you say something doesn't mean it's true. Your word isn't gospel. Nothing you posted confirms photograph is real.

The rescuers even said the picture circulating is pretty accurate to what they found when entering the premises. So far, no one that was their through the ordeal including the rescuers haven't disputed the picture nor the conditions.

And yet no video footage exists to verify photograph. All that has been confirmed is the incident itself not the photograph.

Photos can easily be altered to sensationalize an event. Unless I see video...im calling b.s.

Been over 4000 rescues in and around Houston with many photos from the rescuees before rescued though no videos exist on the majority of these rescues, does that mean the photo's are photoshop? That picture of the elderly have been explained by the Lady on multitude of news outlets that took the picture so are you essentially calling her a lier? including the folks that rescued the 18 folks. I see nothing in the picture that would cause me to say that's impossible or can't be true, Ive seen a lot worse and very questionable pictures that ended up being true.

With as much devastation in that area I don't think pictures have needed to be photo shopped. There have been about 5 that I have seen though. . . including a shark swimming up a highway that was covered with water. I have seen many pictures and videos, including my area. So many effected. Our waters climbed twice today. Once in the morning then again this afternoon. We are fine though.

With as much devastation in that area I don't think pictures have needed to be photo shopped. There have been about 5 that I have seen though. . . including a shark swimming up a highway that was covered with water. I have seen many pictures and videos, including my area. So many effected. Our waters climbed twice today. Once in the morning then again this afternoon. We are fine though.

Glad to hear it!

Been over 4000 rescues in and around Houston with many photos from the rescuees before rescued though no videos exist on the majority of these rescues, does that mean the photo's are photoshop? That picture of the elderly have been explained by the Lady on multitude of news outlets that took the picture so are you essentially calling her a lier? including the folks that rescued the 18 folks. I see nothing in the picture that would cause me to say that's impossible or can't be true, Ive seen a lot worse and very questionable pictures that ended up being true.

I'm not about be lectured on photo manipulation from a 60+ year old man hiding out in the mountains. You're so focused on always being right instead of looking at the obvious. In a post smart phone era...with such an extreme looking photo absolutely NO video footage exists. How ironic!

All the nursing, CNA staff and family of residents..nothing. JUST ONE EXTREMELY BIZARRE LOOKING PHOTO.

You believe what you want to believe. That photo is not the original. I'm not the only one questioning it either.

I see nothing in my post that would suggest lecturing... "from a 60+ year old man hiding out in the mountains" *sigh

Hiding? I was up at WSU at Everett, WA with the Wife Friday, hardly hiding and next month I'll be in Salt Lake at the University ;)

You went through great lengths to post reports of the incident...to confirm...the incident. ;) I know how much you love to be right all the time. I knew if video footage existed...you would be the first to find it.

Yet still...NOTHING. And I know you looked. ;)

I don't care if you interview the residents themselves. Unless video pops up or more photos from different angles are publicized...that photo is an obvious fake.

If by some miniscule chance that photo was real...that is the world's most surreal fake looking real photograph in existence.

I'm just saying their isn't anything to discount it, the person that took the picture was using her real name, the gentleman that posted the picture was using his real name. 911 was down both the daughter of the women that snapped the picture and the man that was in contact with the daughter was unable to get help at the time through authorities, the only option was posting to social media, that doesn't sound like folks staking claim and push a bogus picture. All in all the most important thing is the women folks were rescued, maybe the picture will be settled in time. Fortunately the shark image was quickly disproven like a lot of other pictures that's been making rounds on social media.

I'm just saying their isn't anything to discount it, the person that took the picture was using her real name, the gentleman that posted the picture was using his real name. 911 was down both the daughter of the women that snapped the picture and the man that was in contact with the daughter was unable to get help at the time through authorities, the only option was posting to social media, that doesn't sound like folks staking claim and push a bogus picture. All in all the most important thing is the women folks were rescued, maybe the picture will be settled in time. Fortunately the shark image was quickly disproven like a lot of other pictures that's been making rounds on social media.

DIPbkZ7UMAAoFgd.jpg

Instead of focusing on trying to prove me wrong this time...why don't you for a moment pause...and look closer.

If you don't see anything wrong with this photograph then I have a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you for a reasonable price.

I find it kinda disturbing that this photo was widely publicized by major news agencies and people just ate it up.

I understand that the people of Texas have more serious issues at hand than a fake sensationalized photograph. But what's the rest of the country's excuse?

People don't pay attention anymore. They assume that if it's posted by a major news agency that it's automatically legitimized.

Last edited:
Well I can asure you of one thing the TV footage on TV this am of a very elderly lady I guess in her 80s holding onto a zimmer frame helped by a fire fighter up to her bosom in flood water was definately not false. I guess if the rescuer is ann average 5ft 10 she was 5 ft 6 and the water most have been over 4ft deep

View attachment 7477

Instead of focusing on trying to prove me wrong this time...why don't you for a moment pause...and look closer.

If you don't see anything wrong with this photograph then I have a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you for a reasonable price.

I find it kinda disturbing that this photo was widely publicized by major news agencies and people just ate it up.

I understand that the people of Texas have more serious issues at hand than a fake sensationalized photograph. But what's the rest of the country's excuse?

People don't pay attention anymore. They assume that if it's posted by a major news agency that it's automatically legitimized.

Toexist, Why dont you educate everyone on what you see wrong with picture? I see real glare and reflection, real fabric darker where its soaked up water. Real looking objects below the water. Yes the lights can be on, many fixtures in ceiling are feed through the cieling and will work fine if the water line is below the switches. The water could have reached its level and stopped rising when pic was taken. These people look tired and appear to be waiting for help. I see nothing to suspect this picture was faked or altered in any way and no written or spoken testimony from any wittnesses say anything that contradicts this picture.

Thats all I will say. You should have better things to do that argue about something as pointless as this, when you have zero evidence that this is a faked or altered picture. I dont care if you believe the picture is false or that the earth is flat or God is a fairytale or we randomly evolved from ooze.

I have been watching live rescues on kfdm down in Port Arthur off of Jimmy Johnson Blvd. Two guys are taking people out of flood waters by boat. They found a nursing home with patients still in it. A daughter of one of the patients with her husband had parked their care and walked thru the water to get her mother out. I saw patients lined up on gurneys all g the walls of the hallways and other sitting in wheelchairs. It sounded like the director had turned help away when talking to the daughter so that is why she went down with husband to take her mom out. Director refused to be interviewed. The water levels were probably 1 1/2 - 2 ft high. The rescuer were only able to take the one patients t since daughter was there and said she was getting her mother. I was holding my breathe as they lifted mom still in wheelchair into the boat. Very emotional and brought tears to my eyes. Civilian rescue guys not happy about situation. . . still pending outcome of other patient. It breaks my heart. I know and grew up not far from this area. Lots of loved ones still there who have flooded homes, some asking for rescue threw social media for friends to spread the word and or help. First responders are doing a great job, but with the amount of areas effected, there just is no way they alone can do it all.

Latest posts

Back