Dear God, DO SOMETHING!!!!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't find any. The tweet is supposedly by the son of the owner of the nursing home, but that doesn't mean anything either.

dfzonP7.gif

If such a video exists...im sure someone here will find it and defiantly prove me wrong.

As bad as the picture is, how is it the governments fault again?
The owner of the assisted living facility had the responsibility for keeping their tenants safe.
Failing that, the govt. came to the rescue.

Good point Sir, What I meant was governmental officials IE the Democratic Mayor of Houston said STAY put, but the Republican Governor said EVACUATE, but more specifically ALL agencies who should have ensured Hospitals, Schools, OAP homes etc SHOULD have been moved out much earlier. To me they appear to be making very similar mistakes to the ones they made in New Orleans when bed bound and infirm people drowned in their beds. The OWNER of the facility has PRIMARY responsibility but he is LICENCED and REGISTERED with the Local Authorities who are supposed to be in overwatch to ensure failings are prevented or mitigated.

National Guard airlifted the patients out. This did really happen in Dickinson Texas. There is now a mandatory evacuation of the town with a few others listed. . . totally inhabitable. If you need confirmation, turn on the Weather Channel that is covering hurricane Harvey 24/7. They broadcast the story when it happened. Lots of homes under water in Houston area, which Dickinson is near. People still in homes were crawling into attics to escape the water breaking thru roof to get rescued. Officials made a plea anyone with a boat and high sitting vehicles including tractors to come help with rescues. Once the water levels got too high it was by boat only including canoes, jet ski, and rubber rafts.

For me the real issue here is thinking that you can, or should, depend on the government for "help".

Yes very good point and if I may make a second, It now appears that once cities become as large as Houston mass evac for most disasters is clearly a non starter (Hurricanes, Ice storms, Mass floods, Pandemics etc) because the simple NUMBERS of people make it nigh on impossible. So those of a prepper mentality need to adapt and learn and the first one will be live on high ground / live in elevated properties / live in second floor apartments in strong properties that are at least damage resistant to high winds and flood waters. Brick, stone and concrete homes are stronger though not as flexible as timber properties.

National Guard airlifted the patients out. This did really happen in Dickinson Texas. There is now a mandatory evacuation of the town with a few others listed. . . totally inhabitable. If you need confirmation, turn on the Weather Channel that is covering hurricane Harvey 24/7. They broadcast the story when it happened. Lots of homes under water in Houston area, which Dickinson is near. People still in homes were crawling into attics to escape the water breaking thru roof to get rescued. Officials made a plea anyone with a boat and high sitting vehicles including tractors to come help with rescues. Once the water levels got too high it was by boat only including canoes, jet ski, and rubber rafts.

I'm not disputing what did or did not happen. I sincerely wish the people of Texas all the best.

All I'm saying is...that photograph isn't real.

Yes very good point and if I may make a second, It now appears that once cities become as large as Houston mass evac for most disasters is clearly a non starter (Hurricanes, Ice storms, Mass floods, Pandemics etc) because the simple NUMBERS of people make it nigh on impossible. So those of a prepper mentality need to adapt and learn and the first one will be live on high ground / live in elevated properties / live in second floor apartments in strong properties that are at least damage resistant to high winds and flood waters. Brick, stone and concrete homes are stronger though not as flexible as timber properties.

Methinks that's why the mayor said to stay put. The highways would make a hell of a disaster movie on their own.

Having said that, bugging out days ahead wouldn't be a bad idea if at all possible....

Ok, the daily mail is a rag. That being said, the photo wasn't shopped. It was real and is well documented. Houston really is up shits creek.

Going to have to respectfully disagree Brent. I find it hard to believe that with such an extreme picture...there is no video evidence in this post smart phone era we live in.

If the owners of that nursing home did allow it to come to that...they should be prosecuted to fullest extent of the law...without leniency.

Children and the elderly take FIRST priority. What kind of animals would allow it to come to that? Either way...photo is fake. Now whether or not it happened the way photo depicted it happened is a different matter. If it did...owners should be held accountable.

Going to have to respectfully disagree Brent. I find it hard to believe that with such an extreme picture...there is no video evidence in this post smart phone era we live in.

If the owners of that nursing home did allow it to come to that...they should be prosecuted to fullest extent of the law...without leniency.

Children and the elderly take FIRST priority. What kind of animals would allow it to come to that? Either way...photo is fake. Now whether or not it happened the way photo depicted it happened is a different matter. If it did...owners should be held accountable.
I agree that everyone seemed pretty calm to be sitting in three feet of water, knitting and all... ABC ran it on headline news, so I went with it. I imagine the truth will come out before long over it.

The picture was supposed to have been taken by the Daughter of the Nursing Home owner . They may be responsible for not moving earlier and know they will catch alot of blame . Now sending out the picture saying they could not get any help .

belive what you wanna belive,fake or not...
the only reason those seniors were left behind to more or less fend for them self...is 'cause they no longer are of any VALUE for the society,might be blunt and harsh to say it,unfortunately that's the way it goes when shtf,don't belive for a second it would be any better here.

Methinks that's why the mayor said to stay put. The highways would make a hell of a disaster movie on their own.

Having said that, bugging out days ahead wouldn't be a bad idea if at all possible....

Yup thats what most enlightened types such as preppers would do, a pre emptive bug out.

Photo is real.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/residents-photo-flooded-nursing-home-fine-49475157
>

"Fifteen senior citizens were rescued from a Dickinson assisted living community, hours after a viral photo showing them sitting in waist-deep water went viral.
Dickinson emergency management coordinator David Popoff confirmed that 18 people were rescued from La Vita Bella, an assisted living facility in the 3500 block of Oak Drive in Dickinson."

http://www.galvnews.com/news/free/article_e1ffff8e-435d-5c78-ab46-57d6bc7dc6a5.html
>

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/27/us/flooded-nursing-home-residents-trnd/index.html
>

"Ken Clark, a Galveston County commissioner, confirmed on Sunday that the residents had been rescued, though he could not say for sure how many.
He said the furor over the photo was not what brought emergency responders to the scene.
We knew about it before it hit social media,” he said. “We were working on a solution for the nursing home, and it was in progress, so social media can sometimes leave one with the wrong impression.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/nursing-home-houston-texas.html?mcubz=3&_r=0

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...oto-safe-nearby-senior-home-article-1.3451303

seniors.jpg

The elderly women rescued from a flooded senior home in Texas are now out of harm’s way.

The residents of the La Vita Bella facility in Dickinson were pictured under better circumstances since they were last seen trapped in chest-high water as Harvey battered coastal Texas. And this time, they were warm, dry and smiling.

Soldiers with the state’s National Guard evacuated 15 of the drenched women — some of whom are suffering from dementia — by floating them out of the facility on mattresses. Their ages range from 59 to 99.
“The house was pretty much underwater,” a National Guard captain told the Houston Chronicle, declining to be identified.
Four of the women were taken to a local hospital, according to the Galveston Daily News.
By the time a photo of the underdressed women went viral on social media, the group had been taken to another facility in the nearby town of Alvin to wait out the tropical storm.
La Vita Bella owner Trudy Lampson said she snapped the heart-wrenching photo hoping that it would hasten their rescue as water began spilling out of the toilets and into the nursing home, according to the Chronicle.
Lampson said she returned to the flooded facility on Monday to rescue the cat pictured toward the back of the room in her photo.
As dire as the situation seemed in the viral photo, Lampson said her residents were laughing off the rising waters.
“It was happy. It was funny. You had to laugh, because if you didn’t laugh you’d have to stand there and cry,” she told the Galveston paper.

Latest posts

Back