Dear God, DO SOMETHING!!!!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jontte, maybe you can enlighten us, but I thought that the Finns weren't really Scandinavian, and most of Finland isn't even in the Scandinavian Peninsula. I thought that Finland was lumped into Scandinavia because Finland was part of Sweden at one time, or something like that. And I think you had, or have an elite class of Swedes.

we were a part of the Swedish empire once, we still celebrate our "hakkapelitas",though soldiers,far thougher than most Swedish units,
that helped make the empire great,it ended in 1809,then came the Russians.
geographically we are part of scandinavia,languagewise it's a totally different ball game,finnish isn't related to basically nothing,that's why it's prolly
the 5th difficult language to learn in the world.

they still debate where do the Finns belong,but we are not Russians,that's for sure.

that elite class did excist once,not any more,if it did,I would not be doing these graveyard shifts here at the hospital ;)
but having swedish as mothertongue,makes learning languages easier,like english or german,as those are related.
I'm every now and then called a "hurri",a derogatory term of those speaking swedish as mother lingo,but I rarely take any notice of that.

Last edited:
I believe the Finnish are the original Varangians.
Vandals more like :) I'm guessing they are an offshoot of the old north European tribes such as the Goths, Visigoths, Ostro Goths etc who mixed with the Franks, Saxons, Angles etc because the Finns were insanely gifted for making very high quality goods and crafts from knives to jewelry to tools to leather etc I tink they are distinct from the Laps of Northern Finland.

true,Finns are apart from the Laps,who are the natives of this country, and earlier treated like natives in any country,you know;we came you go,we take you give..so we have our little dark secrets too.

Latest posts

Back