COVID-19 in The USA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this is a "Worst Case Scenario."

https://news.trust.org/item/20200326232240-2yx1f
Coronavirus could kill 81,000 in U.S., subside in June -Washington University analysis
March 26 (Reuters) - The coronavirus pandemic could kill more than 81,000 people in the United States in the next four months and may not subside until June, according to a data analysis done by University of Washington School of Medicine.

The number of hospitalized patients is expected to peak nationally by the second week of April, though the peak may come later in some states. Some people could continue to die of the virus as late as July, although deaths should be below epidemic levels of 10 per day by June at the latest, according to the analysis.

The analysis, using data from governments, hospitals and other sources, predicts that the number of U.S. deaths could vary widely, ranging from as low as around 38,000 to as high as around 162,000.

I hope this is a "Worst Case Scenario."

https://news.trust.org/item/20200326232240-2yx1f
Coronavirus could kill 81,000 in U.S., subside in June -Washington University analysis
March 26 (Reuters) - The coronavirus pandemic could kill more than 81,000 people in the United States in the next four months and may not subside until June, according to a data analysis done by University of Washington School of Medicine.

The number of hospitalized patients is expected to peak nationally by the second week of April, though the peak may come later in some states. Some people could continue to die of the virus as late as July, although deaths should be below epidemic levels of 10 per day by June at the latest, according to the analysis.

The analysis, using data from governments, hospitals and other sources, predicts that the number of U.S. deaths could vary widely, ranging from as low as around 38,000 to as high as around 162,000.

I hope so, unfortunately the projection model shows this as the best case scenario, unless more PPE and social distancing is implemented. It project's over 2 million death's by early July.

https://www.ibtimes.com/louisiana-c...e-new-orleans-faces-shortage-supplies-2947988
Louisiana COVID-19 Numbers Continue To Rise, New Orleans Faces Shortage In Supplies
Louisiana has so far identified its six coronavirus clusters, according to The Advocate. They also added two more and said that the number was expected to grow, especially in retirement communities. The elderly are at highest risk of dying from complications caused by COVID-19.

On Thursday, the Vista Shores Assisted Living and Memory Care facility in New Orleans and the St. James Place home in Baton Rouge were added to the list. The former had four residents who tested positive for COVID-19, while the latter has a resident and two additional workers who are positive for the disease.

As I recall, the models with 2 million deaths don't take into account any preventative measures like travel bans and social distancing.

True, but if you compare the rate of infections and deaths to that projection model, the rates are currently running higher than what was projected, despite the preventive measures that have been put in place so far. It's not good.

True, but if you compare the rate of infections and deaths to that projection model, the rates are currently running higher than what was projected, despite the preventive measures that have been put in place so far. It's not good.
I've also read some articles saying that just like the infection rate is higher because people aren't tested, the death rate due to Coronavirus is higher as well. They interview one specific doctor in MS where the official count says one death, and this doctor said that five had died in his hospital.

I've also read some articles saying that just like the infection rate is higher because people aren't tested, the death rate due to Coronavirus is higher as well. They interview one specific doctor in MS where the official count says one death, and this doctor said that five had died in his hospital.

They have to run the test on them and get the results before they can report it as a COVID-19 death.

China is not running tests on anyone after they die, so unless they were in a hospital and had previously been tested positive in the hospital, they don't go into the reported numbers. This is one of the reasons why the Chinese death totals bear no semblance to reality. The other is that their numbers are pure propaganda.

13:39
Over a million masks sitting in US warehouse

A stockpile of 1.5 million N95 masks is sitting in a US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) warehouse as hospitals across the US face critical shortfalls of personal safety equipment.

The masks are expired, but still effective against the coronavirus according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

According to the Washington Post, DHS officials decided the masks should be given to the transportation security agents who monitor US airports.

Luxury fashion designers as well as average Americans stuck at home are stitching masks as fast as possible to provide to frontline medical workers, as states report the real possibility of running out of necessary hospital equipment.

One nurse in New York City told the BBC on Thursday of being given only one surgical mask to wear for the week, and how every floor of her hospital began to take on Covid-19 patients.

13:39
Over a million masks sitting in US warehouse

A stockpile of 1.5 million N95 masks is sitting in a US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) warehouse as hospitals across the US face critical shortfalls of personal safety equipment.

The masks are expired, but still effective against the coronavirus according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

According to the Washington Post, DHS officials decided the masks should be given to the transportation security agents who monitor US airports.

Luxury fashion designers as well as average Americans stuck at home are stitching masks as fast as possible to provide to frontline medical workers, as states report the real possibility of running out of necessary hospital equipment.

One nurse in New York City told the BBC on Thursday of being given only one surgical mask to wear for the week, and how every floor of her hospital began to take on Covid-19 patients.

Another one of them unnamed sources.

"five people with knowledge of the stockpile told The Washington Post that the surplus of masks is sitting in a CBP warehouse in Indiana."

Question. When a person dies who has a comorbidity, and CVirus...how do they count it? Which disease does it count under? Seems a bit tricky to me.

‘Perfectly healthy’ Texas dad with coronavirus dies from COVID-19

Mendez's wife added that her late husband did not smoke or drink, was physically active and ate a healthy diet.

“You hear that the people who die are older or have previous health conditions but he was neither and the virus took him down hard,” she told the New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung.

“It can happen to anyone, it’s not just a story that happens to people across the world. It’s here and it’s real and it can kill anyone, just like it did my husband,” she added.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/perfectly-healthy-texas-dad-with-coronavirus-dies

Mendez's wife added that her late husband did not smoke or drink, was physically active and ate a healthy diet.

“You hear that the people who die are older or have previous health conditions but he was neither and the virus took him down hard,” she told the New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung.

“It can happen to anyone, it’s not just a story that happens to people across the world. It’s here and it’s real and it can kill anyone, just like it did my husband,” she added.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/perfectly-healthy-texas-dad-with-coronavirus-dies

That poor woman.

Question. When a person dies who has a comorbidity, and CVirus...how do they count it? Which disease does it count under? Seems a bit tricky to me.
Unless they were already on death's door due to another condition I don't think it's that confusing. There are plenty of conditions that people can live fairly well with that are not imminently killing them, such as diabetes, asthma, autoimmune conditions, even life-limiting conditions like COPD or cancer. But these individuals are nevertheless much more susceptible to the virus, as is an elderly person without such conditions (compared to a younger person with a similar health profile) yet we wouldn't count them as dying of old age.

Unless they were already on death's door due to another condition I don't think it's that confusing. There are plenty of conditions that people can live fairly well with that are not imminently killing them, such as diabetes, asthma, autoimmune conditions, even life-limiting conditions like COPD or cancer. But these individuals are nevertheless much more susceptible to the virus, as is an elderly person without such conditions (compared to a younger person with a similar health profile) yet we wouldn't count them as dying of old age.

Thanks for the explanation Kate. I was thinking about all the people I’ve known who died suddenly. Not expected, you know? So it got me wondering, that’s all.

Typical COVID-19 death (death from COVID-19 alone) starts with pain in lungs from ARDS, which progresses until the entire lungs are inflamed. Then the alveoli cannot transfer oxygen across the membrane which is thickened by inflammation. Blood oxygen level drops and organs start shutting down. On average it takes about eight days from onset of symptoms.

It is like an autoimmune reaction. The body's immune system over-reacts to the virus which is what causes the inflammation.

The Georgia governor said that the virus could have been here back in December and January. My son and I and our wives all caught the flu around Christmas time. It went thru us all within days of him getting it first. We were all really sick. My gut tells me it was just the normal flu but it sure would be nice if it was this virus and we were all somewhat immune now....

Latest posts

Back