COVID-19 in The USA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you just love it when a fresh baked bread comes out of the oven, you take a deep breath of the great smells, enjoy the beautiful sight of the bread and then, the first savory bit just melts on your tongue, with a bit of butter, jelly, honey or even gravy and chipped beef...makes you glad to be alive and forget the BS around your for a while. Think of the good things in life, remember to be human and when all else fails,,,,,shoot the useless trash and keep on baking fresh bread...Gary

An LEO on another site posted this today:

I got a message from my command staff today that I am on PAID administrative leave unit May 2nd. HOLY CHIT!

I am of course on call and on a rotation if the crap hits the fan but because I have been on so long I am on the "C" team, that is last. Unless this really goes south I will not be working for the next 5 weeks.

This is insane. I guess it pays to be old but really, this is not a good use of tax payers dollars at all. I really expected to start up again on Monday.

BUT I can't travel or do anything in a group setting. I can only do a short list of activities outside the home. In short I am quarantined in home to stay healthy so if I needed to be called out we have healthy people working that can make good decisions in the field. I am ok with all the restrictions we have been doing this already.

I am actually starting to get worried about all this!​

Oh it's much worst than that, once the hospitals are over capacity and you run out of ventilators and supplies, that 1% death rate becomes much higher and so does the death rate for all the other causes. Your looking at 10-20% death rate total.
I am well aware of these facts. I am using "best case" numbers to show the "it's just the flu" Covidiots that EVEN THEN it would be a complete disaster.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/22/us/georgia-coronavirus-girl-hospitalized/index.html
12-year-old girl with coronavirus is on a ventilator and fighting for her life
(CNN)Emma, a 12-year-old girl, is "fighting for her life" in an Atlanta hospital after testing positive for the coronavirus, according to her cousin.
Justin Anthony told CNN that Emma was diagnosed with pneumonia on March 15 and tested positive for coronavirus on Friday night. As of Saturday, she was on a ventilator and is currently in stable condition, Anthony said.
Emma had no pre-existing conditions. She has not traveled recently and it's unknown how she contracted the virus, according to Anthony.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/22/us/georgia-coronavirus-girl-hospitalized/index.html
12-year-old girl with coronavirus is on a ventilator and fighting for her life
(CNN)Emma, a 12-year-old girl, is "fighting for her life" in an Atlanta hospital after testing positive for the coronavirus, according to her cousin.
Justin Anthony told CNN that Emma was diagnosed with pneumonia on March 15 and tested positive for coronavirus on Friday night. As of Saturday, she was on a ventilator and is currently in stable condition, Anthony said.
Emma had no pre-existing conditions. She has not traveled recently and it's unknown how she contracted the virus, according to Anthony.
In the US about 20% of those hospitalized are not elderly or individuals with pre-existing conditions. This is so sad though. I have a 12-yr-old sister; I can only imagine what it would be like.

Let all the angels go to her side and give her the needed healing. God help us all in these hardest days since the WWII. Bless the doctors, nurses, EMT. and Truckdrivers keeping us alive and fed....GP

In this case, did she have pneumonia first, hospitalized for that and THEN pick up the coronavirus? It seems she developed the pneumonia first which was not related to the coronavirus.

In this case, did she have pneumonia first, hospitalized for that and THEN pick up the coronavirus? It seems she developed the pneumonia first which was not related to the coronavirus.
No that's typical. Pneumonia is not a disease per se, it is a symptom. Coronovirus patients are first diagnosed with pneumonia which can be done in a matter of minutes and then have to wait for the COVID-19 test results which come later.

An LEO on another site posted this today:

I got a message from my command staff today that I am on PAID administrative leave unit May 2nd. HOLY CHIT!

I am of course on call and on a rotation if the crap hits the fan but because I have been on so long I am on the "C" team, that is last. Unless this really goes south I will not be working for the next 5 weeks.

This is insane. I guess it pays to be old but really, this is not a good use of tax payers dollars at all. I really expected to start up again on Monday.

BUT I can't travel or do anything in a group setting. I can only do a short list of activities outside the home. In short I am quarantined in home to stay healthy so if I needed to be called out we have healthy people working that can make good decisions in the field. I am ok with all the restrictions we have been doing this already.

I am actually starting to get worried about all this!​
Sorry it took this to wake his butt up! BUT apparently he got the message the hard way.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/585672/first-us-minor-not-meet-criteria-coronavirus-test/
First US child to ‘die from coronavirus’ was only diagnosed after his death as he ‘did not meet COVID-19 test criteria’
Lancaster, Los Angeles, Mayor Rex Parris said Wednesday that the teenager "did not meet the criteria for public health to OK a test and the only time he was tested was after he died."

LA Mayor Erioc Garcetti also responded to the death, stating overnight: "I was informed by the county that this individual did not have pre-existing conditions. It’s a sober reminder that anybody can die from this disease."

The Sun can report that the minor was a 17-year-old who went to hospital with respiratory problems, but was denied testing.

He then went to Antelope Valley Hospital which is where he ultimately died of septic shock, before he was diagnosed with coronavirus post-mortem.

The Global Sepsis Alliance has stated that COVID-19 can cause sepsis, which can lead to septic shock.

Pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs, and they usually fill up with fluid. Of course, this reduce their function or cause you to drown in your own body fluids. It can be caused by many different pathogens. Flu can occasionally cause pneumonia, but it is a very common symptom of COVID-19.
Pneumonia is can be easily diagnosed with a chest x-ray, so if someone comes in with trouble breathing, that will be one of the first things they will do. Then, they will run test to determine what is causing pneumonia - if it's bacterial they will prescribe antibiotics, if it's viral then they may use anti-virals and supportive therapy, etc.
Likely she came to the hospital with pneumonia as a result of COVID-19 infection, and the first diagnosis was "pneumonia" and they tested for COVID-19 while searching for a cause (probably AFTER testing for literally everything else, because they seem quite reluctant to test for COVID-19 if they can avoid it.)

reminder that anybody can die from this disease.. . .
https://www.the-sun.com/news/585672/first-us-minor-not-meet-criteria-coronavirus-test/
First US child to ‘die from coronavirus’ was only diagnosed after his death as he ‘did not meet COVID-19 test criteria’
Lancaster, Los Angeles, Mayor Rex Parris said Wednesday that the teenager "did not meet the criteria for public health to OK a test and the only time he was tested was after he died."

LA Mayor Erioc Garcetti also responded to the death, stating overnight: "I was informed by the county that this individual did not have pre-existing conditions. It’s a sober reminder that anybody can die from this disease."

The Sun can report that the minor was a 17-year-old who went to hospital with respiratory problems, but was denied testing.

He then went to Antelope Valley Hospital which is where he ultimately died of septic shock, before he was diagnosed with coronavirus post-mortem.

The Global Sepsis Alliance has stated that COVID-19 can cause sepsis, which can lead to septic shock.

This is just a reminder it can and does effect anyone. He had so many years that he looked forward to and so many other that his life touched, especially his parents. My heart and prayers go out to his family along with all the others dealing with this. . .
And then I hear of one old bird of our community that makes me smile. At 90 she overcame the disease when others including her family went in to say their goodbyes.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/0...ations-to-be-issued-parks-could-be-shut-down/
Chicago:
Stay at home. Only go out for essentials. You have to readjust your thinking. Be smart,” Lightfoot said. “Not only will our police be deployed to shut them down if you are not abiding by these orders we will be forced to shut down the parks and lakefront. The situation Is deadly serious and we need you take it deadly seriously.”

Lightfoot added that spending long periods of time outdoors, anywhere, is not allowed. And neither is going into closed spaces, like playgrounds.

“You cannot go on long bike rides. Playgrounds are shut down. You must abide by the order. Outside, is for a brief respite, not for 5Ks. I can’t emphasize enough that we abide the rules.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hospit...oint-in-u-s-coronavirus-hot-spots-11585215006
Hospital Capacity Crosses Tipping Point in U.S. Coronavirus Hot Spots
Hospitals in parts of New York City have become so full of critically ill patients that they have steered ambulances elsewhere. The full-to-capacity morgue at Elmhurst Hospital in Queens is using a refrigerated truck to hold some of the dead. Thirteen people died in the hospital in the last 24 hours, said NYC Health + Hospitals, which operates Elmhurst.

They will be using anything and everything to store the bodies soon. Thank God if it is still cold there. Those trucks will just be burned with the bodies inside them if the cooling goes bad or the weather turns warm too fast...

Latest posts

Back