COVID-19 in The USA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to start breaking out countries, starting with the US
Members in other countries feel free to start one for your country

Today's news: Daily death toll in NYC reaches double digits and climbing
https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/coronavirus-killing-more-than-a-person-an-hour-in-nyc/
Coronavirus killing more than a person an hour in NYC

Want to bet that will sound low in a week or two? Sad, but you can’t have people living together like ants and not spread this kind of thing.

Want to bet that will sound low in a week or two? Sad, but you can’t have people living together like ants and not spread this kind of thing.

And for every new yorker dying there is at least one more fleeing to rural areas prolly taking the disease with them. Rural communities need to block their access roads ASAP

Have any of you who have taken MMS seen this article? Is it the same thing?
This actor is saying it healed him.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...oroquine-helped-him-recover-from-coronavirus/
No that's an anti-malarial drug (brand name Plaquenil) that is showing some promise in treating the virus. The drug is also used for autoimmune disorders. I hope it pans out as a widely effective treatment because it could reduce the severity of symptoms and the number of deaths and hopefully get us past this more easily. It does have some nasty side effects sometimes but so does COVID-19.

And for every new yorker dying there is at least one more fleeing to rural areas prolly taking the disease with them. Rural communities need to block their access roads ASAP
Yeah I have a sister in western NY and have thought about how many will flee the populated areas, even if it’s just to buy groceries. Her work is in the hot zone but her home is pretty rural. She allready knows she is highly likely to catch it. She is a respiratory therapist and only has one mask to use and reuse every day now.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/574277/new-york-cuomo-slams-groups-mnuchin-warns-12-weeks/
LONGTERM LOCKDOWN
Cuomo warns 80% will get virus over ‘9 months’ as Mnuchin tells 80m to prepare for 12-week shutdown
Speaking about the length and severity of the crisis, Cuomo said 80% of the state's population could get sick and the crisis could last till Christmas.

“This is not a short term situation," he said. "This is not a long weekend. This is not a week. The timeline, no one can tell you. It depends on how we handle it.

“But 40 per cent up to 80 per cent of the population will wind up getting this virus.

“All we’re trying to do is slow the spread, but it will spread, it is that contagious.”
He added: “It is going to be four months, six months, nine months… It’s in that range.”

No that's an anti-malarial drug (brand name Plaquenil) that is showing some promise in treating the virus. The drug is also used for autoimmune disorders. I hope it pans out as a widely effective treatment because it could reduce the severity of symptoms and the number of deaths and hopefully get us past this more easily. It does have some nasty side effects sometimes but so does COVID-19.

Thank you Kate for explaining. It sounds promising based on this guys response. I’d take the side effects.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/new-york-coronavirus-cases-surge-38percent-overnight-to-20875.html
New York coronavirus cases surge 38% overnight to 20,875
  • Cuomo estimated up to 80% of the state’s more than 19.4 million residents will get the coronavirus.
  • Roughly 13% of all cases have been hospitalized so far, 621 of the patients have ended up in the ICU and 157 people have died, he said.
  • New York has run 78,289 COVID-19 tests so far and is testing more than 16,000 people a day now, he said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/new-york-coronavirus-cases-surge-38percent-overnight-to-20875.html
New York coronavirus cases surge 38% overnight to 20,875
  • Cuomo estimated up to 80% of the state’s more than 19.4 million residents will get the coronavirus.
  • Roughly 13% of all cases have been hospitalized so far, 621 of the patients have ended up in the ICU and 157 people have died, he said.
  • New York has run 78,289 COVID-19 tests so far and is testing more than 16,000 people a day now, he said.

Lord help us! Those are terrible infection numbers.

Have any of you who have taken MMS seen this article? Is it the same thing?
This actor is saying it healed him.
STOP and decease Peachie, read again!! hydroxychloroquine IS NOT MMS!! It is a sulfur based attempt to copy the function and effect of Chlorine Dioxide. Different name, diffenent stuff. AND not the same effects. Even if it did help him, we do not know if he was positive, with which strain of CoVid 19 (L or S), how badly he was infected and how was his health before the infection...Everybody reacts to different drugs differently...paracetamol allergy? penicillin allergy? Be careful and do not fall for this stuff and waste any minutes of your daughters time on the wrong stuff. Gary

Well, you know what they say...

KARMA'S A BITCH

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/corona...ts-not-social-distancing-university-of-tampa/
Florida college students test positive for coronavirus after going on spring break
At least five students from the University of Tampa have tested positive for coronavirus after traveling with other students from the school for spring break, the university announced on Twitter. This comes after crowds of spring-breakers in Florida were criticized for ignoring social distancing guidelines and packing beaches in complete disregard of the potential risk.

https://dnyuz.com/2020/03/23/im-26-coronavirus-sent-me-to-the-hospital/
I’m 26. Coronavirus Sent Me to the Hospital.
I’m 26. I don’t have any prior autoimmune or respiratory conditions. I work out six times a week, and abstain from cigarettes. I thought my role in the current health crisis would be as an ally to the elderly and compromised. Then, I was hospitalized for Covid-19.

On Friday, March 13, only a few hours after deciding I would begin to socially distance for the well-being of others, I developed a fever and headache. I tried not to assume the worst, but just in case, my partner and I decided to sleep in separate bedrooms. By the next morning, I had a cough. On Sunday, I started to feel better and my fever was gone. I felt thankful that even if this was coronavirus, I’d most likely be able to ride it out at home, as I’d heard people like myself had little to worry about. I began planning the work I’d catch up on the next day, and the much-needed shower I’d take.

That night I woke up in the middle of the night with chills, vomiting, and shortness of breath. By Monday, I could barely speak more than a few words without feeling like I was gasping for air. I couldn’t walk to the bathroom without panting as if I’d run a mile. On Monday evening, I tried to eat, but found I couldn’t get enough oxygen while doing so. Any task that was at all anxiety-producing — even resetting my MyChart password to communicate with my doctor — left me desperate for oxygen.

There were many reasons that I didn’t want to go to the hospital. When I’d called 311 earlier in the weekend to inquire about a test, I was told people with Covid-19 symptoms must stay home. I’d read this same advice elsewhere, and wanted to do everything possible to prevent spreading the virus if I had it. I also was wary of taking doctors’ attention and hospital resources away from more vulnerable populations who might need them. Finally, I feared that if this wasn’t Covid-19, going to the hospital could expose me to the virus. Ultimately, even with my serious trouble breathing, a part of me believed I would be fine, since I was young and otherwise healthy.

While I was shocked at the development of my symptoms and my ultimate hospitalization, the doctors and nurses were not at all surprised. After I was admitted, I was told that there was a 30-year-old in the next room who was also otherwise healthy, but who had also experienced serious trouble breathing. The hospital staff told me that more and more patients my age were showing up at the E.R. I am thankful to my partner for calling the hospital when my breathing worsened, and to the doctor who insisted we come in. As soon as I received an oxygen tube, I began to feel slight relief. I was lucky to get to the hospital early in the crisis, and receive very attentive care.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...onavirus-warning-week-it-s-going-get-n1166421
Surgeon General has coronavirus warning: 'This week, it's going to get bad'
WASHINGTON — Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams warned Monday that the coronavirus outbreak will worsen this week and said that people across the country are not taking the threat seriously enough.
“I want America to understand this week, it's going to get bad,” Adams said in an interview on the “TODAY” show.
The disease is spreading, he said, because many people — especially young people — are not abiding by guidance to stay at home and practice social distancing.
“Right now, there are not enough people out there who are taking this seriously,” he said.

STOP and decease Peachie, read again!! hydroxychloroquine IS NOT MMS!! It is a sulfur based attempt to copy the function and effect of Chlorine Dioxide. Different name, diffenent stuff. AND not the same effects. Even if it did help him, we do not know if he was positive, with which strain of CoVid 19 (L or S), how badly he was infected and how was his health before the infection...Everybody reacts to different drugs differently...paracetamol allergy? penicillin allergy? Be careful and do not fall for this stuff and waste any minutes of your daughters time on the wrong stuff. Gary

Thank you Gary. Everyone does react differently to drugs and she has allergies anyway.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...onavirus-warning-week-it-s-going-get-n1166421
Surgeon General has coronavirus warning: 'This week, it's going to get bad'
WASHINGTON — Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams warned Monday that the coronavirus outbreak will worsen this week and said that people across the country are not taking the threat seriously enough.
“I want America to understand this week, it's going to get bad,” Adams said in an interview on the “TODAY” show.
The disease is spreading, he said, because many people — especially young people — are not abiding by guidance to stay at home and practice social distancing.
“Right now, there are not enough people out there who are taking this seriously,” he said.

Saw this warning and felt an ominous breeze...

Let's just hope that the end of the week brings some relief!

Should I admit I went to the store today? Didn’t have to, but wanted to. Went with mask, gloves and alcohol wipes. It wasn’t busy, but the empty store shelves were unsettling. It is the worst I have ever seen them. You couldn’t feed a family with the meat left. Frozen veggies and canned were gone. Eggs were gone ( I have chickens), breads were gone.

So the question in my mind is...is this because people are buying a lot more or because the supply chain is shrinking??

Should I admit I went to the store today? Didn’t have to, but wanted to. Went with mask, gloves and alcohol wipes. It wasn’t busy, but the empty store shelves were unsettling. It is the worst I have ever seen them. You couldn’t feed a family with the meat left. Frozen veggies and canned were gone. Eggs were gone ( I have chickens), breads were gone.

So the question in my mind is...is this because people are buying a lot more or because the supply chain is shrinking??
Good question.....

Hey, don’t worry. The govt says not to panic buy or hoard, there will be plenty of food. They also said don’t worry about the stock exchange and don’t sell your stocks. Be in it for the long haul. They also are saying don’t worry about taking your money out of the bank, it’s safe...... trump is saying this will all be over very shortly and the economy will be better than ever.
I’m saying hang on to your underwater for this ride.

Hey, don’t worry. The govt says not to panic buy or hoard, there will be plenty of food. They also said don’t worry about the stock exchange and don’t sell your stocks. Be in it for the long haul. They also are saying don’t worry about taking your money out of the bank, it’s safe...... trump is saying this will all be over very shortly and the economy will be better than ever.
I’m saying hang on to your underwater for this ride.
I saw people in the grocery stores when this all really got underway. I saw everyone had toilet paper and water in the beginning, but as far as food, I didn't see people with ridiculous amounts of food in their baskets. I saw people grocery shopping. Lots of people grocery shopping. Yes, there were the toilet paper hoarders, but I didn't see anyone going crazy with food. I had to go to the store this evening. Same story, empty shelves, a few people shopping and very little in their carts.

Latest posts

Back