This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got these for $5 at a yard sale the other day.in which their still usable as is.

IMG_20240504_124347_644.jpg

My advice - get cash out of the bank , if you have any , as the Coronal mass Ejection may crash the computerized , satellite dependent banking system . Admittedly though , I have no idea where you will be able to spend cash as all stores are computerized and could be non-existent for decades . This is where " real prepping " comes into being .

More batteries on my list too! I have a big list for tomorrow..too long to list here! I ordered more heirloom seeds a week or so ago (can't recall w/o looking it up) but delayed shipment per email I got yesterday. Supposed to arrive yesterday, now estimated arrival 14th-16th. Not too bad, but still, no reason given for delay. Guessing lots of people ordering same?

Picked up the camper today. Pretty pristine for being a 2008.
Run flat tires (no spare).
Simple sink, simple burner, simple bed, pretty much a toy hauler with a Kitchen and bed.
Going to use it to haul light stuff to the next step place and have a place to stay because my tenant needs another 4-5 months. I will just do the outside work.
Later it will be my hunting lodge and escape from my wife when she retires. (Come on, we all need a little space)

Picked up the camper today. Pretty pristine for being a 2008.
Run flat tires (no spare).
Simple sink, simple burner, simple bed, pretty much a toy hauler with a Kitchen and bed.
Going to use it to haul light stuff to the next step place and have a place to stay because my tenant needs another 4-5 months. I will just do the outside work.
Later it will be my hunting lodge and escape from my wife when she retires. (Come on, we all need a little space)
Hunny used to have a Hatteras for years. It barely ever left the dock. Will admit, it was his home away from home and even HAD to use it once back in 2012. He sold it a couple years ago, but I do know he still owns a tent if need be. šŸ¤£

My X used to say why do we have so much food? Until a week long Ice storm. Then I built it up to more.

Current wife after we had 2020, having to evacuate, is fully supportive, gotten in freeze drying and canning. Sometime she does more than me in prepping.
Wish mine would, she just says she is leaving it up to me but complains when I buy things.šŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗ

Ignore what they say Simpleman. Make them prep. Make them help grow a garden. You understand what is necessary for survival in these coming hard times, they donā€™t.
Easier said than done GP! You know how stubborn you women can be! Lol Thank God my 25 year old Granddaughter is into homesteading and my 4 year old Granddaughter is into helping with the garden.

Hunny used to have a Hatteras for years. It barely ever left the dock. Will admit, it was his home away from home and even HAD to use it once back in 2012. He sold it a couple years ago, but I do know he still owns a tent if need be. šŸ¤£
Had a 10 person tent and 2 cots in the horse trailer, Using this as a transport trailer and with me using is as a camper made a lot of sense.

The brand doesnā€™t lose a lot of value like other campers do. Letā€™s just say it is very shiny. 16 years old and they sell for 5k base price less than new. Have the original tent to make it bigger If we need it.
For my next 2 years, it saves me from staying with friends or in my own house,( the widow tenant makes me a little uncomfortable and she has offered for me to stay)
IF I keep it past the time frame, I will have a nice hunting camp. If not, then the sale of it wonā€™t be taxable income to us in retirement, but i had the use.

I loaded up on GPs recommendation of variety of batteries, along with more food, a manual coffe grinder, more back up food for all the animals, variety of 5 lb. Bags of coffee beans (GP suggested also), more hay for chicken duck area, ordered several more fruit n citrus trees, another fig. Separated the 8 kits (rabbitts) into individual cages, so all have their own space now. I think will be tomorrow moving ducks to new area, the new hatched chicken chicks to their new area. Also bought more canning jars, including half gallon, for dry storage foods, more liquor for stash, and tobacco. More OTC medical related across the board. Whew! No wonder Larry says I'm driving him crazy! šŸ˜

I have to say this as I find it ridiculous! Put in order via Sam's club yesterday for bot mother and I combined. I'm a plus member so free delivery on most items with certain items exception don't fall under thexfree shipping.

Everything we ordered fell under free shipping except 30+ pack Aquafina water ($5 something + change cost) and 24 pack Monster energy drink ($36+ change cost). (No, I don't drink monsters, but mother keeps them on hand for my sons who drink them...even though I'm 100 %against it).

Anyhoo! The shipping charge for those 2 items was $50+dollars! ...haaa! Hell no! I deleted both items from the cart and of course dropped the price $50+ dollars! Really????

One other: was putting in order on silverfire? For recommended rocket stove/s...attempted to order the dragon stove set up and 2 scout stoves ...(12 oz scout stove weight...$29+ each, dragon one I think was $99)... don't hold me to exact prices...shipping was $63 and change! Nope, nope and nope! Grief! Hated to cancel that order, but not happening for me!

These may have been mentioned before, but simple things that seem insignificant come in handy....like rubber bands (various sizes) zip ties (all sizes), paper clips, thumb tacks, sharpie perm. markers, q tips, cotton balls, post it notes, clear nail polish, sunscreen/bug spray...šŸ˜

Just saying.

Have I gone overboard?

Latest posts

Back