Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How big is your Library and what format is your music in? (mp3, ogg, flac etc.)
Mostly mp3 and mp4. The music is about 340GB, the movies are 2.5TB, and the music videos are 14GB. However, I currently do not include the movies in windows media player as the music alone is too much for it to handle, but I would like to. Technically, it does work, its just really slow sorting when I go from genre to album view etc. My computer is about 8 years old, but it was a beast back then so it should be fully capable of handling this.

The kids rented a poontoon boat for my birthday today. Its pretty smokey here today but were still having a great time. The water in this lake is clear, and in places is almost 1200' deep. I think we're going to start looking for a new boat and leave at our daughters house.
Have fun and happy birthday Arctic.

Just a heads up for cat owners... Fancy feast has been making my cat throw up, and according to the internet, my cat is not alone. Something is wrong with FF this year.
From what I've read, it's not just this year, and not just FF. People have been complaining about wet cat food of several brands making their cats throw up for years. But not with dry food.

Some think that it's because the cats like it so much they eat it too fast. Kind of like kids who gulp down their food without chewing it, LOL.

Feeding a cat one brand a food was an issue for me, Meow Mix didn’t do well for a previous cat. Cost me me a lot. Well before I Married a vet.
I have a problem with the 15 yr old barn cat eating dry Food. He is a little lethargic. Wife is going to take him in and test. But he isn’t insured, so it will still cost me.

Just got diagnosed with COVID despite being multiply vaccinated. I feel like I have to get better to die. COVID sucks.

You don't know that those so called vaccines don't work? Neither do the PCR test. Matter of fact, both are harmful. I'm sorry for your loss.

Just got diagnosed with COVID despite being multiply vaccinated. I feel like I have to get better to die. COVID sucks.
Sorry you feel that way. My immunosuppressed wife was not as sick as I have seen her with strep. I felt like I had a cold with a funky cough.
We have been sicker. Personally, not worth all these lockdowns over the past couple years.

From what I've read, it's not just this year, and not just FF. People have been complaining about wet cat food of several brands making their cats throw up for years. But not with dry food.

Some think that it's because the cats like it so much they eat it too fast. Kind of like kids who gulp down their food without chewing it, LOL.
I usually give him half a can a day in the evening, and he usually stretches that half a can out in three sittings finishing it at about 11pm. He doesn't binge eat because I never limited his food. He nibbles. But this stuff, it smells ok from a distance or right when the can is opened, but taking a good strong sniff of the empty tin that sits on the counter for 15-20 minutes, I can tell something is wrong. It made me want to puke. I know for sure it isn't because he ate fast. It seems the turkey in gravy gets him sick the most.

Edit: many of the flavors don't bother him (yet), like the medley varieties for instance, so the idea that he eats it too fast is totally excluded as a possible explanation. My cat is a prepper too, therefore, he usually has 3-6 months minimum of canned food on hand. I buy all the flavors they have (excluding pate') and keep them rotated. It is my belief that when Purina moved to China (just learned that part) that it could be caused by shipping delays with it sitting in container ships at port in high heat for too long. Just like people food in cans, heat (and china) is bad.

Last edited:
1661085554535.jpg

Latest posts

Back