Pain treatment

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disclaimer: I am not a licensed physician. My advice would be to do some research into Native American and Early American medical practices. There is a reason why information is hard to find. You might be better off simply finding books on the subject and linking to them for people to read for themselves.

1) in untrained hands, serious pain killers can cause more harm than good

2) As the owner of a website, it opens you up to a lawsuit should someone use your advice to treat at home an injury that should have been referred to a professional

Yes, but, people are still dumb and in the litigious world we live in, you can still get taken to court and have to hire a lawyer which could cost you thousands just to defend yourself.

The question you asked is qualified by "legal" and the degree of pain relief requested.

What is FAR more needed by most is some basic medical knowledge and training. Once you have that, you will know what painkillers to use and how to properly use them so your question will be moot.

To the best of my knowledge there is no "legal" pain killer that will allow one to amputate a leg and significantly reduce the pain of it, which is why Ether and Chloroform were so revolutionary to medicine.

Prepping is not about the things/supplies you gather. It is MUCH MORE about the knowledge you store between your ears.

Last edited:
You asked, I gave you my personal opinion. If you notice, no one else has answered for the reasons stated.

If things are so bad that you need to do a DYI amputation, then "legal" won't be in the equation, only survival. This is why we form groups that include medical professionals.

I am not trying to dissuade you from asking the question, only that the answer to the question you are asking is probably not going to be found here.

What I can tell you is this: different countries have different "legal" drugs. Even within our Country, different States have different laws as to what they will prosecute as possession of an illegal substance.

Perhaps re-word or clarify the question to get more useful responses?

Latest posts

Back