Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1661113565542.jpeg

Just got diagnosed with COVID despite being multiply vaccinated. I feel like I have to get better to die. COVID sucks.
Hope you get to feeling better Kevin. The data is out there that this "vaccine" really does not protect you from getting or spreading Covid-19. How is your girlfriend doing?

@Arcticdude I am glad that you were able to enjoy your day out on a boat with your family. Were you able to get any fishing done? My anniversary falls on your birthday. So if I don't think about it, I'm going to tell you early. . . I hope you have a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
We didn't get to do any fishing. It was too hot. Plus the area that we went to was probably 800 to 1,000 feet deep, even right next to shore. We did a lot of swimming and had a great time.
My birthday is actually this Sunday, and the wife has a kayak trip planed up at a mountain lake with some of her friends. Its just going to be me and 1 other man with a bunch of girls.

Anyone got any tips to keep gas masks/pro masks from dry rotting rubber? Is there a cleaning wiper or anything?

DukeNougat3d says..

Do NOT use plastic bags, they are petroleum products and petroleum and natural rubber do not mix. I know collectors who've had gas masks melt on them due to storage on, in, or near thin sheet plastic bags that let off fumes over time and caused damage. Same goes for storing masks on styrofoam heads, it's just a bad idea. Using any products which contain natural oils, acids, or distllates of petroleum will also effect rubber.

One of the best things for gas masks other than keeping out of sunlight, keeping the rubber clean, in a stable temperature/low humidity, away from oxygen, ozone sources, etc is to use food-grade, water-based silicone.

The thing with silicone is that it is completely inert to rubber, as it contains no natural oils, acids, or petrolium. Once the rubber is treated with it, it forms an invisible barrier that prevents sulfur or other curing agents from evaporating from the rubber and furthering dry rot and petrification, and it also resists dirt, blooming (waxy buildup of dirt/dust/talcum powder mixing with sulfur evaporating from the rubber), and to some degree, humidity and temperature changes. I have been using it for many years and have not experienced any of the horror stories that methods such as armor-all, mineral oil, plastic bags, etc have caused. But it absolutely must be water-based and food-grade to assure no damage to rubber. I use trident-brand silicone spray since it is engineered for rubber scuba and diving equipment that will be exposed to harsh, sunny, and corrosive environments.

As for storage and display, I pack all of my masks with ink-free, plain brown or white packing paper. If you are unsure if the paper is acid free and think acid paper may be a threat to the rubber, cotton wadding may be used instead. I normally discourage display heads as they stretch out head harnesses and flex the mask to an unnatural position. Hoses should also be stored so that they are mostly if not completely slack, with no chance of forming cracks or collapsing due to tight bends. If possible to do so safely, remove any hoses/canisters you can if you know how to do so without damaging the rubber (I do not recommend doing this if you don't know what you're doing or know how the masks were constructed/assembled).

I love to mess with telemarketers. Usually press 1 to speak to a representative and have a dog whistle in my hand.
I also love to mess with text message telemarketers. Realize that I have had this number for 12 years, Martina probably has a kid that graduated HS this year, I used to get the school texts.
091F45DA-F53B-4F1A-80DF-5710FF9A50A6.png
D435B29F-7FD3-4FC9-8156-2967653C8E17.png
572EABB5-B8DB-4FE0-827C-4CF56B21ADF5.png
The small things that amuse me.

And now we have a Tuberculosis case in a Texas high school. Imagine that with all these illegals crossing our borders. . . You just gotta wonder if they are bringing it over?
Of course they are. They don't just bring their snot nosed little brats with them, but they bring their infected snot nosed brats.

Polio in NY, tuberculosis in TX. Who doesn’t see this as an issue?
Not this administration, following the work of the NWO and WEF because Covid didn’t work.
The NWO and WEF is deeply in imbedded. My friend (soon not to be friend) in Kazakhstan was part of World Shapers, funded by WEF. I always thought a professional student, that went back to work for an opposition party in Kazakhstan. Saw him doing school work- he would have one screen in Russian and one screen in English. At the time I was kind of amazed because he was fairly fluent in both.
I connected the dots today. Too bad, he was a nice kid, always respectful. Right now, sorry I had him up here.

Latest posts

Back