Australian prepper developing my prepper plans, looking fellow Australian preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont the Aborigines live in central Australia?
I am not sure of the point you are trying to make.

To say "Aboriginals live in central Australia" is not an accurate characterization of where Aboriginals live.
Aboriginals live across the entirety of Australia, including in each major metropolitan city.
There are cities, towns, regional and remote areas where their populations are higher, but it is a bit too difficult to explain in writing.
It is true that the percentage of the population which is Aboriginal is higher in some remote areas.

The first map below shows the Aboriginal population in each state and territory, and their percentage of the total population.

Last edited:
_0000Aboriginal-population-by-Australian-state-and-territory-number-of-persons-of.jpg
_0000R.jpg

Dont the Aborigines live in central Australia?
Some aborigines live in Central Australia. They have lived there for many generations.
Older men and women train the young members of their tribe how to survive "in the bush".
by teaching the types of animals, reptiles and birds that are local to each area that they live in.
They are also taught how to recognize the tracks each of these leave and how to track them.
They are also taught how theses creatures live in the deserts. Also how to find water, most important.

Understand they are/where a nomadic people.
They are also taught about the Dreamtime, their tribal totems, and their own personal totems and customs.

What I am trying to communicate is a very simplistic understanding of the lore of our indigenous people's tribal life, while seemingly simplistic it is actually quite complex and requires more time and space than I can commit too.

I know " Water World " was just an fictional movie , but I thought it was based on a actual good survival technique . If I was in a location that was deemed Un survivable against a hostile government or as we now see an irrational government I might consider obtaining some sort of wind powered sailing vessel to escape to open waters .

Some aborigines live in Central Australia. They have lived there for many generations.
Older men and women train the young members of their tribe how to survive "in the bush".
by teaching the types of animals, reptiles and birds that are local to each area that they live in.
They are also taught how to recognize the tracks each of these leave and how to track them.
They are also taught how theses creatures live in the deserts. Also how to find water, most important.

Understand they are/where a nomadic people.
They are also taught about the Dreamtime, their tribal totems, and their own personal totems and customs.

What I am trying to communicate is a very simplistic understanding of the lore of our indigenous people's tribal life, while seemingly simplistic it is actually quite complex and requires more time and space than I can commit too.

So it could be done with proper training.

I am not sure of the point you are trying to make.

To say "Aboriginals live in central Australia" is not an accurate characterization of where Aboriginals live.
Aboriginals live across the entirety of Australia, including in each major metropolitan city.
There are cities, towns, regional and remote areas where their populations are higher, but it is a bit too difficult to explain in writing.
It is true that the percentage of the population which is Aboriginal is higher in some remote areas.

The first map below shows the Aboriginal population in each state and territory, and their percentage of the total population.

The point I was making is that it is possible if you know what your doing.

So it could be done with proper training.
What can be? Living in the middle of Australia?
There is very little arable land. If living there, it is almost always with food "imports" from elsewhere.
Aboriginals were able to live out there, but only with low population numbers and very subsistence; not plentiful.

You might be able to do it, but most of your time would be spent seeking scarce food and water . . . the way hunter-gatherers used to "live".

The Aborigines adapted physically to their environment by natural selection. That doesn't happen immediately or even in a generation. It takes a lot of less genetically adapted individuals to die off and stop contributing to the gene pool.

Latest posts

Back