Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're getting some thunder and lightning now. Strong wind but no rain.
I am hoping for you! We are going to have a 70% chance for 3 days after tomorrow. I need to get my truck inspected, which they will not do if its raining and then tags. I'd just love to send all this rain we have gotten up to you, because I am wearing mucking boots every time I have to feed. I am tired of all this slip and slide mud and trying to run all the big goats out of the barn so I can close it up to lay out feed for the little ones first. They hate getting rained on!!! Some days, I have to get hunny to help. He seems to think that I am not gruff enough with them, but I honestly thing they respond to the deeper voice. I can do it, but it just takes longer.

I am hoping for you! We are going to have a 70% chance for 3 days after tomorrow. I need to get my truck inspected, which they will not do if its raining and then tags. I'd just love to send all this rain we have gotten up to you, because I am wearing mucking boots every time I have to feed. I am tired of all this slip and slide mud and trying to run all the big goats out of the barn so I can close it up to lay out feed for the little ones first. They hate getting rained on!!! Some days, I have to get hunny to help. He seems to think that I am not gruff enough with them, but I honestly thing they respond to the deeper voice. I can do it, but it just takes longer.
Thanks Danilgrl. I'd gladly take some of your rain. The wife and I are sitting on the back deck right because we're enjoying the thunder and the cool breeze.
We both have muck boots, we seldom ever wear them because the only time we have any mud is during spring breakup. We almost never keep any animals in the barn, but occasionally we do bring a calf in the house to thaw out in front of the wood stove.
My wife makes pets out of everything. She's made pets out of many of our cattle, even the bulls! When we're sorting the cattle in the corral she uses what sounds like a kids voice. She say when I talk to the cows it sounds like I'm going to tear their heads off.
We have a couple snowshoe rabbits hanging around the barn; she wants me to trap them and put them in a cage. Guess she wants to tame them too.
The wind is blowing so hard now i better get inside.

Thanks Danilgrl. I'd gladly take some of your rain. The wife and I are sitting on the back deck right because we're enjoying the thunder and the cool breeze.
We both have muck boots, we seldom ever wear them because the only time we have any mud is during spring breakup. We almost never keep any animals in the barn, but occasionally we do bring a calf in the house to thaw out in front of the wood stove.
My wife makes pets out of everything. She's made pets out of many of our cattle, even the bulls! When we're sorting the cattle in the corral she uses what sounds like a kids voice. She say when I talk to the cows it sounds like I'm going to tear their heads off.
We have a couple snowshoe rabbits hanging around the barn; she wants me to trap them and put them in a cage. Guess she wants to tame them too.
The wind is blowing so hard now i better get inside.
Your wife and I would so get along. . . ;)🤣

I dont keep my goats in the barn but since they hate the rain, they run to it whenever it starts. That is also where some like to sleep at night especially during the winter months. I have two gates on my main goat barn, one for the front and one in back and they just freely go in and out located in the main goat pasture, but also where all their feed troughs are. I have 6 gutters along the walls along with 5 free standing troughs. So when I feed, I close both gates and the little ones can still get in since the gates are made out of pallets. If they are small enough to squeeze thru, they get first debs along with a couple of my really old girls. They come in, look up to the loft area where I keep my meds and vitamins. I know they want their vitamins on a daily basis. They have a pole barn with hay in the middle pasture.

Sounds like tomorrow is going to be a busy day. . . Get my truck inspected along with hunny's trailor and then tags with both, need to get feed for cattle, need to take back crap floor overlay hunny picked up for the rent house bedroom for the one we used in the rent house living room, put the bedroom floor done and then go get hay at 5.

It has been a busy day. . . Hunny first wanted to make a dump run from the trailer he loaded with the skid steer late yesterday evening from the rent property of all the floors torn out along with all the junk the renter left. HAD to come home to get cleaned up before we took my truck into town to get inspected and tags along with returning the underlay to get the other. I told hunny I would buy him a cheap lunch today if he stopped by my work. Right now I get a 25% off our brands so a lunch of a chicken strip sandwich for me and a pulled pork sandwich for hunny was only $6.50 for me. Came home to the rent property to get bedroom floors pulled back up, underlay pulled and then put down new unerlay, which worked so much better and down the floor. Got it all done to come home to feed. Hunny went to go down the road to get hay picked up while I am making dinner of a very quick boilded potatoes, corn and shrimp/ My butt is tired already. When he gets home we will go get feed for the cattle and unload 2000lb of 50lb bags. Still need a shower and bed before getting up at 3 am and it's already a little after 7 pm.

Last edited:
Woke up to fog so thick, I thought I was in Biden’s mind.

Got some fire clearance done around a pepper tree because there were no bees. did a hay and Costco run.

Picked up a 10 person tent in case of Evac $50 off. Enough room for 2 of us and the dogs.
Gotta start working on setting up the tack room of the horse trailer for Evac/Earthquake storage.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back