Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found out today the POS that owns the land next to me is putting out poison to kill the raccoons,,,, that is a dirty practice and should not be allowed,,,, I can't do anything today but I will be calling Fish and Game Monday early
Lazy POS. Box traps, foot hold traps or snares would take care of his perceived coon problem. I use poison only on gophers and mice, but thats all. Every other varmint I shoot or trap.

Today the wife and I decided to take a drive up to a lake thats about 25 miles north of us. The road was rough, steep and narrow and scared the wife in a few spots. We got up to around 8500 foot elevation and decided to turn around. On the way up we went through several old gold mining town sites. They've been abandoned since the 30's. Parts of an old ore mill was still standing and a mail cabin site that was between some of the old mining camps. In the old days they hauled mail by wagon during summer and fall and on ski's in winter. During a normal year there'd be snow up there until August. Saw 2 bears on the way, one was a big boar and the other was much smaller and probably a yearling.

I found out today the POS that owns the land next to me is putting out poison to kill the raccoons,,,, that is a dirty practice and should not be allowed,,,, I can't do anything today but I will be calling Fish and Game Monday early
I don’t like using poison on anything other than rodents, but in some states it may be legal to poison coons. The government uses what's called M-44 Coyote Getter for controlling coyotes. Essentially its a spring loaded device that uses a .38 blank to fire a charge of cyanide when an animal pulls on the bait. I've heard of people setting out bowls of antifreeze, rat poison or cola mixed with fly bait for coon. These usually take 2-3 days of suffering to kill a coon.
In my opinion poison should never be used for anything but rodents. Sounds like your neighbor needs a good asss kicking.

All indicators point to something big happening soon. Maybe its been delayed by counter forces though.
Sounds somehow like telling the lottery numbers from next week.... LOL
But guess i know what you mean: It feels like the calm before the storm those days.

Latest posts

Back