Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the best wool blanket you can get without breaking the bank? I got one on sale and it was 😣 AWEFUL. It stunk even after several washes and a month in the garage to air out. It raveled even while I washed it per instructions.

Yes, the Army green wool blankets are good almost forever. We even got 2 identical blankets from Holland with 50/50 wool and camel hair mixed. It is like wash and wear. If the wool comes from overseas, it will stink a long time because the containers are filled with different poisonous gases to either kill or keep out the bugs which would harm the clothes, furniture, food or other materials in the container.
ALSO BTW!!! Never dry clean your heavy blankets or especially sleeping bags!! If the Carbontetrachloride cleaners are used---you will die in your sleep, by your breath activating the CTC and fumes left in the bag only need 15 ppm to be deadly...in comparison-- you need 160 parts per million of gasoline fumes in the air to become a deadly mixture!

Lindy, try soaking the wool blanket in water with a little citric acid for a few hours then rinse without soap. Many of the smellier chemicals are basic (as in high pH) amines (like the essence of skunk) that cannot be made more soluble with soap. Once a smelly amine forms a salt with an acid, it not only stops stinking, but it will also become water soluble, as long as you don't reverse the process with a basic soap. Same applies to the smell of fish on the hands after a day in the boat.

Hi VP...I do not recognise a strong enough pattern to say it leans towards SHTF. It is, although, a bad pattern. I see through the woke pattern, the homophobia pattern, the liberal pattern, take the guns pattern, the liberalisation and legalisation of drugs pattern and most of all the lack of realisation that America is going downhill in the "favoritism" roll it has carried for hundreds of years now...NOW, if you put all these bad patterns into a growing racist and hate society, combine it with an attack on our borders by those who think they will get a freebie and let the world know we have a demented president who cannot focus long enough to recite the needed nuclear codes to retaliate against an attack on the US soil....then SHTF is absolutely pre-programmed and you should be prepping with all your time and money...scary enough for an answer to your question?? Gary

You guys think these shootings are the beginning of a SHTF?

anything domestic - including Biden's continuing disasters - are minuscule compared to the international scene ....

we are ticks away from major wars in three different areas >>>> and the wolves are circling and we have a senile old man listening to a-hole whisperings that the queers need to get back into the military for free sex changes ....

if you thought a Covid 2020 was bad >>> you haven't seen anything yet with a Biden 2021

Hi VP...I do not recognise a strong enough pattern to say it leans towards SHTF. It is, although, a bad pattern. I see through the woke pattern, the homophobia pattern, the liberal pattern, take the guns pattern, the liberalisation and legalisation of drugs pattern and most of all the lack of realisation that America is going downhill in the "favoritism" roll it has carried for hundreds of years now...NOW, if you put all these bad patterns into a growing racist and hate society, combine it with an attack on our borders by those who think they will get a freebie and let the world know we have a demented president who cannot focus long enough to recite the needed nuclear codes to retaliate against an attack on the US soil....then SHTF is absolutely pre-programmed and you should be prepping with all your time and money...scary enough for an answer to your question?? Gary
Honestly nothing really scares me anymore lol I’ve grown to not expect a lot out of humanity these days sadly.

anything domestic - including Biden's continuing disasters - are minuscule compared to the international scene ....

we are ticks away from major wars in three different areas >>>> and the wolves are circling and we have a senile old man listening to a-hole whisperings that the queers need to get back into the military for free sex changes ....

if you thought a Covid 2020 was bad >>> you haven't seen anything yet with a Biden 2021
That’s one thing I’m feeling is going to be a problem

Latest posts

Back