Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because I thought it was funny.
Screenshot_2021-04-04-05-46-38.png
gone as in it scampered off or gone as in someone else had it, that happened to me in the past.

Scampered off. She said she hit it head on so it must have a hard head.

My daughter hit a huge wild boar on a late stormy night and boy did he do damage. Like running into a cement wall.

always the livestock debate >>> hit the pig low to the ground and an immovable mass of blubber <<< or >>>> the long legged cow/steer that gets flipped back into the cockpit - only gets worse when you have moose and/or elk in the formula .....

I have heard that Whitetale deer kill more people in the USA than any other animal. Several have used me as the instrument of their suicide. Its perfectly legal to harvest them, here. Many food banks will come and get them if they are fresh.

I have heard that Whitetale deer kill more people in the USA than any other animal. Several have used me as the instrument of their suicide. Its perfectly legal to harvest them, here. Many food banks will come and get them if they are fresh.

never forget a rut season trip up into Central WI - lost count at 50 dead deer laying on the interstate shoulders - sometimes there was a pile of 3-4 deer >> I see on the Animal Planet cops bringing a confiscated game animal to a food bank - not anything going to happen around here - expired can of corn causes a hissy fit ....

never forget a rut season trip up into Central WI - lost count at 50 dead deer laying on the interstate shoulders - sometimes there was a pile of 3-4 deer >> I see on the Animal Planet cops bringing a confiscated game animal to a food bank - not anything going to happen around here - expired can of corn causes a hissy fit ....
Boy O Boy How hungry will a person get before they will fight with dogs for rotted meat? Less than one week! Prepare!

Years ago I hit a deer with my boat. I cut its throat, threw it in the boat and took it over to a friend's house and butchered it. Over the years we've hit deer, moose and bear. It just happens.
I don't want to here anyone say you could have avoided it if you were more aware. The last deer to kamakazi me was felt before it was seen.

Here is something for our German speaking and reading friends in Switzerland, Austria and Germany:::
https://dipbt.bundestag.de/dip21/btd/17/120/1712051.pdf
For the rest of you, it is a document from 2012 (!!) explaining how a PLANDEMIC will occur, how it will effect the population, how many are planned to become sick, the 36 months needed to get a vaccine, how flights will be cancelled, lockdowns will occur, forced invaccinations driven on, estimated dead count, how to keep the economy from total collapse but the people in fear of contracting the virus, the destruction of many personal rights to be done and forcing a police state overwatch....
Makes me puke to read how this was planned and perpetrated now after many years of planning....live free, Gary

A good wool blanket is going to cost some $$$. Check out Northwest Traders for Early and point blankets.
You really don't wash your wool blankets do you? A good wool blanket needs dry cleaning, and they never stink or itch.
Remember, you get what you pay for.
The blanket I bought was originally $99 but it was on sale for $38. I was seeing blanket anywhere from $100 to $350. My husband thinks it is ridiculous that I even thought we needed a wool blanket. He hates camping so we don’t go camping and he said it is to dangerous for me to go camping alone. I grew up camping all year round, my favorite season was winter camping. i Told hubby we could use a wool blanket for so many reasons other than camping, like keeping one in each car in case we were ever near a crash and someone was in shock, or it was cold and snowing or raining and we were the first on scene we could help because wool keep its R value even when wet. Or maybe we would need to keep warm if our cars would brake down and we needed to wait for assistance. The list goes on and on how we could use a wool blanket. He thinks it is frivolous and unnecessary because we have many warm blankets and old comforters from when my folks were needing to live in a nursing home and broke up their housekeeping. So I was hopeful when I found this blanket. I should have known it was to good to be true. It stunk to high Heaven! I aired it out for just over a month outside, that didn't work. We took it out to a dry cleaner but when they told how much it would cost my husband grabbed it and left. He told me to wash it because it stunk so bad even though the tag said no. I washed then coated it with baking soda hoping that would absorb the smell as it dried in the garage. Then I shook it out and vacuumed it hoping that would work , NOPE, There is no way this “wool” came from a sheep, unless it was severally treated with scent of a skunk!!! Hubby smelled it in the garage when he left for work and when he got home from work which put him in a fowl mood. I did wash it several times over 5 months. I have no idea what was put on this blanket. I had NEVER smelt anything like it on anything. Our dog loves blankets and will not go near it. I. Wondering if it is toxic, and since I only paid $38 + S&H I wonder if I should pitch it but I really do not want to put it in a land fill. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for a safe place to vent, thanks for reading if you got this far. Hubby won’t talk about prepping very often. I did convince him to let me buy a Mr. Buddy heater with a heat activated fan if our power goes out. We had to move and no longer have a fireplace.
Thanks again for putting up with my ramblings! Blessings to you, ~Lindy

The blanket I bought was originally $99 but it was on sale for $38. I was seeing blanket anywhere from $100 to $350. My husband thinks it is ridiculous that I even thought we needed a wool blanket. He hates camping so we don’t go camping and he said it is to dangerous for me to go camping alone. I grew up camping all year round, my favorite season was winter camping. i Told hubby we could use a wool blanket for so many reasons other than camping, like keeping one in each car in case we were ever near a crash and someone was in shock, or it was cold and snowing or raining and we were the first on scene we could help because wool keep its R value even when wet. Or maybe we would need to keep warm if our cars would brake down and we needed to wait for assistance. The list goes on and on how we could use a wool blanket. He thinks it is frivolous and unnecessary because we have many warm blankets and old comforters from when my folks were needing to live in a nursing home and broke up their housekeeping. So I was hopeful when I found this blanket. I should have known it was to good to be true. It stunk to high Heaven! I aired it out for just over a month outside, that didn't work. We took it out to a dry cleaner but when they told how much it would cost my husband grabbed it and left. He told me to wash it because it stunk so bad even though the tag said no. I washed then coated it with baking soda hoping that would absorb the smell as it dried in the garage. Then I shook it out and vacuumed it hoping that would work , NOPE, There is no way this “wool” came from a sheep, unless it was severally treated with scent of a skunk!!! Hubby smelled it in the garage when he left for work and when he got home from work which put him in a fowl mood. I did wash it several times over 5 months. I have no idea what was put on this blanket. I had NEVER smelt anything like it on anything. Our dog loves blankets and will not go near it. I. Wondering if it is toxic, and since I only paid $38 + S&H I wonder if I should pitch it but I really do not want to put it in a land fill. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for a safe place to vent, thanks for reading if you got this far. Hubby won’t talk about prepping very often. I did convince him to let me buy a Mr. Buddy heater with a heat activated fan if our power goes out. We had to move and no longer have a fireplace.
Thanks again for putting up with my ramblings! Blessings to you, ~Lindy
I can't imagine what that blanket was treated with that would make it smell so bad. A good wool blankt doesn't smell. We used to have ours dry cleaned once a year or so. But now we're so far from a dry cleaner its been a few years since we've had them cleaned, and still no smell. We use two wool blankets on our bed. One is a 5 point blanket by Earlys of Whitney and the other is a "Horse Rug" (very heavy) also by Earlys of Whitney. Both made in England and are very high quality. Its warming up now so we took the horse rug off the bed. We keep a wool blanket in each vehicle. These are made in Vermont at Johnson Woolen Mills. All are 100% new wool. Many cheaper blankets are made from scraps that are reprocessed and made in to blankets.
Around the house we have probably 6 or 8 lap blankes that we picked up in New Zealand and are made from Marino wool.
Too bad your husband isn't on board with prepping, even in a small way. Theres far more to prepping than just waiting for the end of times. There could be a major storm where you can't get out for weeks, or a major power outage that could last for days, weeks, or longer. I think our power grid is very fragile and could easily fail. We're on solar with backup generators so that's not much of a concern for us, but we do get snowed in every winter for a week or two.
We have a Mr Buddy heater too. I've used it to heat up engines in remote areas on the ranch that are hard to start in cold weather.
Good luck with your plans, and get rid of that smelly blanket. Bury it somewhere or burn it. If you do burn it, it will smell like branding time for awhile. And remember, you get what you pay for. Our blankets were expensive, but they will last for many years.

When i become ruler of the world, I am going to decree that all chicken wire be put on a spool or some type of some type so you dont have that 10 feet of crumpled wire at the end of a roll. That has worn me out twice today. It hurts my old arthritic hands too. THE END

Latest posts

Back