Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s one thing I’m feeling is going to be a problem

on the back channels this AM >>> obvious movement of Russian tanks heading for a showdown - lesser known is everything else moving that direction - no more room at the airfields close enough for the action - more missile batteries moving up to hit Poland/Germany ....

What is the best wool blanket you can get without breaking the bank? I got one on sale and it was 😣 AWEFUL. It stunk even after several washes and a month in the garage to air out. It raveled even while I washed it per instructions.
A good wool blanket is going to cost some $$$. Check out Northwest Traders for Early and point blankets.
You really don't wash your wool blankets do you? A good wool blanket needs dry cleaning, and they never stink or itch.
Remember, you get what you pay for.

" But its not terror related says the Feds, BUT "" The suspect was identified as Noah Green, 25, from Indiana, who has ties to Virginia, sources tell Fox News. And a law enforcement source said he identifies himself as a Nation of Islam follower on Facebook who may have recently lost his job.""

Yesterday, Pops and I went to visit 3 of our granddaughters. We had a good time playing and even started some sweet potato slips in 3 very decorated cups to go on their back porch cabinet to start sprouting. Once the 2 youngest went down for their naps, the oldest and I started sprucing up their new chicken coop with all kinds of paint pictures. . . chicks, nest with eggs, a basket full of eggs. A kind of how to in pictures for the chicks :) along with hearts, even what granddaughter calls a Christmas Tree Heart for the holidays. There is even a couple mermaids for them to look at while laying their eggs, just because granddaughter says they are pretty. All of my sweet babies showed me their garden which now has cucumbers, zucchinis, watermelon and asparagus. The two littlest just wanted to show me how well they could climb the trellis. Whew, they have me runnin. Mom was just happy she could finally get the loads of laundry done that piled up in the corner of her bedroom, clean her bathroom, and get her dishes done.

This morning I went to work and after getting home around noon, I went to pick up all the tarps, blankets, plastic, cans and bottles I put out yesterday evening in the garden to protect everything since we were supposed to get down to 39. Didn't happen but when I heard a chance of frost, . . better be safe than sorry. As I was picking everything up hunny calls to ask if I was at home. He was having some dump truck loads of dirt brought. . . OK. Then went back to work when I hear a goat yelling bloody murder. A first time mom had gone into labor and it was a BIG baby. Called hunny to say I will try to keep an ear out but I will be out in the middle pasture. . . I heard the truck drive up so was able to tell him where to unload but then told him I had a goat in labor I needed to get back to. Steph got up from the pasture and went into the left side of the pole barn so I was able to close her off to give her privacy. She would have been able to pass the kid eventually but I went ahead and helped pull during contractions. I could tell she was getting tired. Both mom and kid are doing good. I left them in the pen and will probably let them out tomorrow or the day after. Just depends. Ended up with 5 loads of topsoil that my hunny has been working on.

Last edited:
Our granddaughter is coming down to spend a week with us. We'll meet her mom on Monday about half way or 250 miles north. Then next Friday the mom, her boyfriend and our son are coming down. Hopefully on Saturday the corral will be snow free and we'll get the calves branded, vaccinated, bulls castrated and ear tags installed.
I'm going to start selling all of last years steers and heifers, plus any cows that didn't calve this year.

Some of the better military surplus blankets are made in Europe. There better than ours!

My Dad back in the 60's brought me a couple from Mexico that are the best I have ever owned or seen. My grown children keep threatening to borrow them and I guard them with my life :m4:

Latest posts

Back