Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a safe trip home!
Am fuming at grandson...sent him out to get eggs, and he dropped the basket and broke nearly 3 dozen. I think he had his face in his phone and wasn't paying attention.
Did you beat him? Did you give him a talking to? Did you deprive him of something? What is the right way to teach children? I never hit my son, unless he didn't block, while learning martial arts. He got eggs, he ate eggs. I can't remember him ever dropping and breaking eggs. Without telling the chickens he was sorry.

No, didn't beat him. He's 15. He was annoyed already because he had a few hours of dirt moving to do today. I told him off, he tried to just give me the basket of broken eggs. I made him go through them, salvaged a few non broken ones, clean the basket, wash the eggs. Said sorry a bunch of times. He is the klutz grandchild, and has to be pushed to get any work out of him. He is taking a job doing field work with some Amish teens this summer for a seed company near us. We are pushing him because I wonder if he can handle a days work like that. But he wants to work because he wants the money because he wants a car. And we raise the three grandkids, but we don't buy cars for them. Just food, clothing, housing.

No, didn't beat him. He's 15. He was annoyed already because he had a few hours of dirt moving to do today. I told him off, he tried to just give me the basket of broken eggs. I made him go through them, salvaged a few non broken ones, clean the basket, wash the eggs. Said sorry a bunch of times. He is the klutz grandchild, and has to be pushed to get any work out of him. He is taking a job doing field work with some Amish teens this summer for a seed company near us. We are pushing him because I wonder if he can handle a days work like that. But he wants to work because he wants the money because he wants a car. And we raise the three grandkids, but we don't buy cars for them. Just food, clothing, housing.
I have said before the better I get to know you the more I like you.

Teaching a work ethic is one of the best things you can do for a child,

Got 10 miles from my daughter's house and got flat tire. Dropped the trailer off and picked up 2 tires. Changed them both out. Storm warnings out for high winds, up to 70 mph. Possible snow and rain. Still about 175 miles from home. Stopping for dinner now.
And only 1 sheep wearing the face diaper.

Last edited:
Power was out from before I got up until 1400. 2 inches of new snow. Greenhouse 35 degrees. Cooked breakfast on the wood stove. Warm and cozy in the house. Started reading April National Geographic, it told me how bad wood stoves are.

Power was out from before I got up until 1400. 2 inches of new snow. Greenhouse 35 degrees. Cooked breakfast on the wood stove. Warm and cozy in the house. Started reading April National Geographic, it told me how bad wood stoves are.
I quit reading that commie/socilist rag years ago.

Latest posts

Back