What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds like the kind of dinner I need. Saturday is my birthday so I'm considering something like this. But I know I'll feel awful on Sunday morning at church. . .
I wish you a happy birthday with minimal hangover! If I have a third beer or glass of wine now days I can feel it the next day so usually keep it at two. It did take me many years to learn this though....

I started a chuck roast this morning before I left for the hospital and once we got home added in some potatoes. Once that was done, removed all and added in a can of cream of mushroom along with cornstarch dissolved in water to thicken for a gravy. Along with a spaghetti squash cooked in the oven. Once halved and scrapped I put a half stick of butter in each side along with salt, pepper and rosemary. once cooked thru I shred. I had some extra cream corn from canning so that got eaten tonight with dinner.

I have loads of green tomatoes but not a ripe one in sight yet...
I fried a wild caught salmon for lunch. (Not caught by me unfortunately). I also had fried potato with sliced Yellow squash and a side of rice with it. I used blackening seasoning and it had just the right amount of kick to it. It was so good I’m thawing out another filet for tomorrow! I wasn’t too bad either as everything was fried in just a little olive oil.

I don't know what it is about a homegrown tomato verses the store bought except maybe store bought is picked too soon and has no flavor because of it. Summer time is the best for BLT sandwich though.
I’ve never had just a tomato sandwich but agree a vine ripened tomato has a great flavor. Now, a BLT is hard to beat anytime!

Last edited:
I’ve never had just a tomato sandwich but agree a vine ripened tomato has a great flavor. Now, a BLT is hard to beat anytime!
Brent, take you favorite sandwich bread (Mine is Arnold's Health Nut), some real mayo (don't be stingy with the mayo), slice the tomato thick, and then add some salt and freshly ground pepper. I have eaten mater sammiches for lunch on a number of occasions when I have good tomatoes.
PfiG7df.jpg

Last night I did another blackened salmon filet, fresh broccoli with cheese from the garden, multigrain bread toasted and buttered and the last piece of Popeyes chicken that was in the fridge. In total a 15min meal to prepare and I was a content Puppy!

Bought whole lobsters, a 1” thick T bone steak, shrimp and a 5 grain loaf of bread for fathers days meal. Will have garden green beans and garden broccoli with cheese. Will likely add a baked potato too. Lobster is a rare treat for me as it puts the price of beef to shame. There will be some beer involved too!

Made 4 pork chops fried in olive oil, marinated and grilled yellow squash, fresh picked broccoli with cheese melted over it, fresh green beans cooked in beef broth, corn on the Cobb and thick sliced 5 grain bread toasted. I made some marinated sliced onion and cucumber salad but was too full to eat any of it. It was a good day.

Latest posts

Back