What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I cooked some salmon in a cast iron skillet in the oven of course. Coated it with fresh garlic and butter. Made some of my garden green beans with bacon and onion in the instapot. A nice Caesar salad with croutons I had just cooked up and fresh French bread from scratch.

Oh, homemade French bread. Mmmmmm

Wifey is away visiting our daughter, so I took the occasion to make a big pot of Red Beans and Rice and Venison Sausage. (she doesn't like beans) I made it in the pressure cooker this time , and then added enough sausage for one meal and cooked it without pressure a little while longer. I've had my fill so once it cools off the rest goes in the fridge for some quick microwave meals.

My wife cooked a mozzarella stuffed meat loaf (sauce was ketchup, minced garlic, brown sugar, wisterchire sauce.on top) and a loaded, (cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, butter, bacon, green onions, pepper, garlic powder) culliflower casserole with fresh green beans.

It was very tasty.

I had Popeyes spicy white chicken with red beans and rice for lunch. For dinner I did a chuck roast with carrots, potatoes and onion for dinner. I bought a frozen turtle cream pie today at the grocery for desert. Needless to say I didn’t worry about any kind of dieting today.... it was a really good day.

I was a little late with the answer ...
A few days ago, when I was chopping meat using a manual meat grinder
https://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/threads/survival-devices-when-there-is-no-electricity.13126/------
Fried cutlets.
(not baked or steamed)
Pork, onions, then chopped with a meat grinder.
Then add pepper, soft wheat bread to the minced meat and mix.
Then roll in fine breadcrumbs or flour.
-------
Then fry in a cast iron skillet using vegetable oil or butter or lard.
(some people use margarine or combined fat) but I don't like it.
Also, I used an aluminum skillet instead of a cast iron skillet as the cast iron skillet was busy.
This is bad..
--------
Then make salad chopped the tomatoes, pickled garlic.
A little mayonnaise.

------
IMG_20200724_154817.jpg

and ... of course, when there is such food, you should eat it with rye (black) bread ... I forgot to add pieces of bread to my photo.
volzsky.ru-v-volzhskom-podesheveli-chernyy-hleb-i-myaso-kur.jpg

Last edited:
Slavs, Finno-Ugric people believe that Man should eat Soup every day.
Yesterday I ate "Kharcho"
-----
In fact, this is a Caucasian soup that requires spices that grow in the Caucasus and beef.
If you do not have these spices, then you can use lamb
I live near the forest, so I have neither beef, nor lamb, nor Caucasian spices.
I have Pork and other hot spices ...
----
For cooking you need:
- meat (I took pork)
- spices, it's your choice.
- onions, garlic, how much more.
- Rise
-----------
When the soup is cooked, it should "stand and gain flavor" a little. About 15 minutes.
-----
Then eat with rye (black) bread.
IMG_20200726_171707.jpg

Soup for men who do hard physical work.

Last edited:
When I invite my Son and his Wife to my dacha, ...
Meeting..
They are preparing "shashlik".
This is not barbecue meat, but baked over a fire.
Then we put the Table.
We eat and drink some alcohol.
- Strong acogol (vodka, koyak) for men
. - Low alcohol (wine, champagne) for women.

2014-08-26-0266.jpg

Last edited:
When I invite my Son and his Wife to my dacha, ...
Mitting..
They are preparing "shashlik".
This is not barbecue meat, but baked over a fire.
Then we put the Table.
We eat and drink some alcohol.
- Strong acogol (vodka, koyak) for men
. - Low alcohol (wine, champagne) for women.

View attachment 10860
When I worked in Russia and Kazakhstan I ate a lot of shashlik. I especially liked sturgeon shashlik with caviar sauce. But also liked the lamb and horse shashlik. And of course a lot of vodka and Baltika piva was a must.

When I worked in Russia and Kazakhstan I ate a lot of shashlik. I especially liked sturgeon shashlik with caviar sauce. But also liked the lamb and horse shashlik. And of course a lot of vodka and Baltika piva was a must.

1. Russians don't drink beer when they meet with their families
2. Russians drink vodka with "закуска" (snack).
Americans drink vodka without a snack or make cocktails and get drunk quickly.
Therefore, a Russian will drink more vodka than an American.
It's true.
-------
To be honest, I don't like the "sturgeon shashlik" .. it's just fried fish that got spoiled. -
-----
Much better: "Royal sturgeon"
. Very expensive and very tasty.
I ate this dish in a gangster restaurant in Russia in 1995. Since then I have not seen how it is prepared
----
- well well well...
Simple Russian food from the 19th century as well .. black caviar
009.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning all, Yesterday was a 1:30 pm to 10 pm shift after a long tiring day at work I would normally just go through McDonald's drive through but just lately just got tired of eating fast foods. Not sure how other McDonald's are in other states but down here they try to kill people off with all that salt and grease. So I saved the money went home and made my wife and our son Spanish rice and tacos.

Good morning all, Yesterday was a 1:30 pm to 10 pm shift after a long tiring day at work I would normally just go through McDonald's drive through but just lately just got tired of eating fast foods. Not sure how other McDonald's are in other states but down here they try to kill people off with all that salt and grease. So I saved the money went home and made my wife and our son Spanish rice and tacos.
Cooking yourself not only saves money but more importantly is healthier. Also its tailored to your tastes. I love onion, garlic and pepper so use more of it in dishes.
Last night I had a meatloaf made with ground pork and beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet corn and green beans with black eyed peas. My wife felt good enough to make dinner for the first time in a while and makes the best meatloaf I’ve ever had. I’m good without cooking for a couple days at least now.

I won't deny that at times I have succumbed to "Big Mac Attacks" LOL, but they are few and far between. The only thing really worth going to the Golden Arches for is their Egg McMuffin.

Usually if I get a craving for a fast food burger I get either a Whopper Junior + bacon, or a Wendy's Junior Bacon Cheesburger. I can count on one hand how many I've had in the last few months.

Cooking yourself not only saves money but more importantly is healthier. Also its tailored to your tastes. I love onion, garlic and pepper so use more of it in dishes.
Last night I had a meatloaf made with ground pork and beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet corn and green beans with black eyed peas. My wife felt good enough to make dinner for the first time in a while and makes the best meatloaf I’ve ever had. I’m good without cooking for a couple days at least now.

That's true to we always had ordered out fast food alot. But gonna cut back drop all fast food chain restaurants and do maybe chilies or Texas roadhouse once or twice a month. Oh we love onions and all kinds of peppers too.

Latest posts

Back