What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had steak off the grill, salad and tomatoes with fresh mozzarella slices on them, sprinkled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

My hubby is all hyped about his new grill in the outdoor kitchen. We had a Wolf, but he replaced it with a Kalamazoo Grill. The man can’t stop raving about it. It is a hybrid grill. Uses gas, wood and charcoal.

Why are men so crazy about their grills?
What’s not to like about the best place to cook a good steak!
i have spaghetti sauce simmering now and will go make the noodles shortly. Probably just buttered French bread for a side tonight, as I’m kinda lazy today. The sauce with hamburger and onions in it will make a few different meals over the next few days.

What’s not to like about the best place to cook a good steak!
i have spaghetti sauce simmering now and will go make the noodles shortly. Probably just buttered French bread for a side tonight, as I’m kinda lazy today. The sauce with hamburger and onions in it will make a few different meals over the next few days.

All I can say is YUM! Pasta and French bread is comfort food to me.

I was the mom who had dinner even on soccer/dance/piano nights. There are lots of options that are so much cheaper than eating out. More nutritious too.

The good part is that my kids liked crock pot foods and soups. We ate lots of pasta dishes too. I miss those days.

My daughter and husband buy 4 of the home delivery meals per week and love the portion size and ease of cooking. She says the price is reasonable for them.

That’s a beet soup isn’t it?

Borscht was originally made with hogweed (Heracleum sphondylium) which is called borshch (борщ) in Ukranian and Russian. The American species (Heracleum maximum) is called "cow parsnip." But now borscht is made from all sorts of things, including beets. The only truly "authentic" borscht recipe would be a hogweed soup, but I don't think anyone uses that anymore.

About the only accurate generalization you can make is that it is a sour soup from Russia, LOL. My mother (she wasn't Russian) made vegetable beef borscht using sour cream to make it sour.

Latest posts

Back