What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what's for dinner tonight. Backstraps and cut up heart!

Attachments

• IMG_20151017_211559083.jpg
    IMG_20151017_211559083.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
What's for dinner tonight?

Got no damn idea....which is kind of ticking me off, as my wife was just laid off, so she's home all day. Don't get me wrong, she's avid in applying, interviewing, etc., but damn, I think expecting dinner to not only be decided, but ready when I get home isn't exactly unreasonable. I certainly have done so when the shoe was on the other foot, and had it ready for her when she got home. Just a mutual respect thing, and a courtesy. Jeez...I know it's a small thing, but really ticking me off when I drive an hour home, then have to wait another two hours to eat, when there's really no need for it.

Got no damn idea....which is kind of ticking me off, as my wife was just laid off, so she's home all day. Don't get me wrong, she's avid in applying, interviewing, etc., but damn, I think expecting dinner to not only be decided, but ready when I get home isn't exactly unreasonable. I certainly have done so when the shoe was on the other foot, and had it ready for her when she got home. Just a mutual respect thing, and a courtesy. Jeez...I know it's a small thing, but really ticking me off when I drive an hour home, then have to wait another two hours to eat, when there's really no need for it.
Ahh, welcome to wedded bliss :)! I'm almost 52 now and still haven't figured women out yet either my friend!

Ahh, welcome to wedded bliss :)! I'm almost 52 now and still haven't figured women out yet either my friend!
I grilled a 1 1/2" thick London broil, covered a chunk of French bread with butter, garlic powder and mozzarella cheese before baking, and had a salad of tomato olives and cottage cheese. Great way to end a hard day of laying slate tiles.

Nice! Well today dinner will be ready at least. A lot of the household has a cold (I simply don't have time for such nonsense, lol), so we're crocking some homemade chicken noodle soup. Chicken, broth, noodles, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, peppers (helps with the sinuses), and cabbage (you don't even taste it, but adds some medicinal qualities to it). I hate cabbage, but honestly, you don't even taste it in this, I swear. It usually fixes folks right up. I'll add a grilled ham and cheese on the side too.

Tonight was smoked chicken, marinated overnight and smoked for 8 hours and finished in a 450 deg. oven. And since my wife says I need to eat more greens, I made bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos to go with the chicken. The stuffing was made from cream cheese and pepper jack, diced ham and seasoned with dried habanero and ghost pepper. And for some reason I added about a tablespoon of ghost pepper sauce to the mix. The peppers were smoked for about 2-1/2 hours.

Tonight was smoked chicken, marinated overnight and smoked for 8 hours and finished in a 450 deg. oven. And since my wife says I need to eat more greens, I made bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos to go with the chicken. The stuffing was made from cream cheese and pepper jack, diced ham and seasoned with dried habanero and ghost pepper. And for some reason I added about a tablespoon of ghost pepper sauce to the mix. The peppers were smoked for about 2-1/2 hours.
Sounds really good, but the boat on the point of the greens! Lol! Yeah, my cholesterol isnt the best as meat is my primary food group too.

We had a birthday lunch for our daughter in law today, 23 yrs old. We did a collaborative effort on he cooking. I grilled marinated pork chops, and everyone else did roasted red potatoe chunks, seasoned homegrown green beans, rolls and creamed corn. Then we had the cake was a butter pecan with a candied pecan/butter cream frosting. The stuff is worth dying for. My wife is the expert on sweets, not that I would ever complain. :).

Last night was a vegetarian dinner for me. A big bowl of lettuce, sliced tomato, diced ham, shrimp, smoked chicken and cheese. With a bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeno on the side. Followed by strawberries, black berries and sherbet.

tonight will be,meatloaf,mashed potatoes,and greenbeans..i gotta remember to take a pic of the meatloaf before cutting into it,so i can post it..

Last night was a vegetarian dinner for me. A big bowl of lettuce, sliced tomato, diced ham, shrimp, smoked chicken and cheese. With a bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeno on the side. Followed by strawberries, black berries and sherbet.
I like your version of vegetarian!

Wow! I'm in heaven! I had smoked a pork shoulder over the weekend, which was really good, but it was getting boring after 5 meals. Tonight I deboned it, and threw it in and sautéed it with a jar of home canned tomatoes, a fresh green pepper and onion from the garden, and some fajita seasoning I put together from Google reciepies. With lettuce, beet leaves, sour cream,mozzarella cheese and homemade salsa on soft tortias, I am never going out for Mexican again! (Not really), but this was one of the best dishes I've ever made. I'll get about three more meals from this one. Wish I could have shared it with someone just so I could brag later! Hope everyone here has a good meal tonight, and for a long time in the future.

Tonight is frozen pizza, but last night was smoked flat iron steak. I marinated it overnight with a spicy rub and local honey and then smoked it over mesquite for about 2 hours. Made a sandwich for lunch today with some of the leftovers.

We did a couple of baking pans of Shepherd's Pie. Yum....ground beef, brown gravy, a little bit of corn, mashed potatoes and cheese.... Great leftovers too.

We did a couple of baking pans of Shepherd's Pie. Yum....ground beef, brown gravy, a little bit of corn, mashed potatoes and cheese.... Great leftovers too.
Sheppards pie is one of those all time great comfort foods!

It was 40 deg and drizzling all day, yuk! Thankful for the moisture but hate being cooped up. This was the first of three rainy days in a row here. At least the creek should fill the ponds and start flowing again. So, feeling chilly, I made a big batch of chili. To go with it was roasted potatoes with garlic and pepper and coated in olive oil. I tried something new tonight with half of the last of the fresh green beans. Drop a piece of bacon diced up in a frying pan. Throw in some garlic and diced onions for a minute. Toss in the fresh green beans, some diced bell pepper and salt and pepper. Sauté for just a couple mins, then pour in a cup of chicken broth. Put a lid on it askew to vent steam and cook for about twenty mins, until all the liquid boils out. The onions then carmalize and the beans still have a little crispness to them. This dish was friggin awesome! Truly the best green beans I've ever had. So not a good prep day, but I'm content with life right now.

That's my favorite way to cook green beans! I do sometimes add in half a jar of diced tomatoes. I took them to mom's for Thanksgiving last year and my sis was asking me for the recipe saying that her husband loved them.

Latest posts

Back