What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your catching a cold, try a couple (or more) shots of vodka with pepper. I learned that when I lived in Russia. It always worked for me.

No kidding, with pepper? Black pepper or what...and how much? Just to taste? I coping with a stinkin' cold right now myself. Wife took pity & made me a crock-pot full of chicken & dumplings. Can't tell, yet, if it helped. But it certainly didn't hurt!

, I am self medicating with Bourbon though.

Absolutely, Sally! Absolutely. Me too.

No kidding, with pepper? Black pepper or what...and how much? Just to taste? I coping with a stinkin' cold right now myself. Wife took pity & made me a crock-pot full of chicken & dumplings. Can't tell, yet, if it helped. But it certainly didn't hurt!

Absolutely, Sally! Absolutely. Me too.
I think about a half a teaspoon of ground black pepper. I take it the first sign of a cold. It works for me.

No dinner for me.... colonoscopy at 7 in the morning..... lets just say that I'm NOT full of crap tonight....

For a change, lol![/QUOTE

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 13
No problems found. Don't go back for another for 10 years.
Er, how did we go from dinner items to colonoscopies? Just sayin.... Seriously, glad your ok. I have a friend that had colon cancer, now has a bag attached to his side. He went thru a tough ride with it but is still kicking. It's worth having checked out.

i only ate junk food last night...on acount i got busy with a cabinet for food storage,and a couple of other things..

Er, how did we go from dinner items to colonoscopies? Just sayin.... Seriously, glad your ok. I have a friend that had colon cancer, now has a bag attached to his side. He went thru a tough ride with it but is still kicking. It's worth having checked out.

You asked, I answered, lol.

In an attempt to get back on topic, I had a steak and baked potatoe for dinner last night. Had to dig the BBQ out of the snow, but grilling a big hunk of red meat was well worth it.
Steak and baked potatoe is quick, easy and is right at the top of my food chain. Throw in a salad and glass of wine and you have a great night. Not so sure about grilling in the snow though. The steak may do fine, but I'd be freezing my but off.

I'm ashamed, it's in pence. Sooo a pound of rump steak would cost approx £7.50 or approx $9.00

Pork athough cheaper than beef and lamb is about the same price but chicken is more expensive. Seafood is also expensive over here too. Well, I say that, but some fish is quite cheap, oily fish such as Mackerel and Herring.

Yikes, I rarely pay more than $8 a pound tops for steak. I'm cheap. Hence, we typically only get it when on sale. My wife is big on ribeye, whereas the kids and I will eat lesser cuts, though they are still pickier than I am, as they like theirs rare. I go more medium. Chicken, we can get for $2.50 a pound almost always for boneless skinless breasts. Because chicken is so varied in what you can do with it, and it's cheap, most of our meals involve it. Pork is typically $3 to $5 a pound. I usually get steak for us (not the wife) at about the $6 - $7 per pound range.

Often though, we also get BOGO (Buy One Get One free) deals on meat too, so we take advantage there too. For example, last night, Steakumms (flat frozen sheets of beef for sandwiches) were BOGO, so we crumbled it up and sauteed it in a pan. We also sauteed some cut peppers, mushrooms, and onion. Made some Aus Jus, and made our own French Dips with some bread and white cheese. Some seasoned tater tots on the side. Yummy.

Latest posts

Back