What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steak and baked potatoe is quick, easy and is right at the top of my food chain. Throw in a salad and glass of wine and you have a great night. Not so sure about grilling in the snow though. The steak may do fine, but I'd be freezing my but off.
I wanted a salad with my steak too but everything in the fridge froze. Today I bought a bag of lettuce when I went to town and that's going to be my dinner tonight.

I wanted a salad with my steak too but everything in the fridge froze. Today I bought a bag of lettuce when I went to town and that's going to be my dinner tonight.
I made a salad today that included my grown spinache, carrots, onion, and sweet peas. I also added mozzarella, olives, iceberg lettuce, tomato and celery from the grocery store. Oh, and chunks of ham and crumbled bacon. You have to have meat in a chefs salad. I wanted boiled egg too but got lazy... A chef salad is hard to beat.

last night,i prepared chicken in a pyrex dish.i added 1 pouch of onion soup to 1 cup of water.and let it sit untill i was ready for it.got out the pyrex dish,rinsed off the chicken and placed it into the dish.then stired the water and onion soup one more time.and poured in,and over the checken.then nuked it in the microwave for 12 minutes,turned the chicken over,then nuked it for another 14 minutes.it turned out perfect..and i used the onion soup as gravey on the mashed potatoes..also had whole kernal corn with it..now i think of,i should of fixed corn bread to go with it..

Took huge portabello mushroom caps, scoop 'em out a bit. Brush them with melted butter and olive oil. Put some (cut in half) cherry tomatoes in the caps, about an inch apart. Load it up with some shredded italian cheeses. Bake at 350 until the cheese melts good. Drizzle with a little balsamic reduction.... Then served that with some of those Celantano raviollis, in a mushroom alfredo sauce (with the diced up scoopout of the mushroom caps). About the only meal I have without meat of some kind, lol.

image.jpeg
Still have some green beans in fridge, nuked a potatoe and some fresh salad. Life is good.

Those look nice, New York strips?
They were.... Actually I only ate one. My wife took two bites of hers, which means I've got a good lunch tomorrow! She likes beef, but has major stomache issues and will probably pay for those bites. I think I'd just go ahead and hang myself the day I can't enjoy steak anymore! Anyways, I'm always greatful to go to bed with a full belly of good food.

I was up at 4 for work and while enjoying my morning coffee on the back porch with my dog Ike and a couple goats, I hear a loud crash. . .and then my sweet hunny yelling Baby!! I ran inside thinking maybe he fell out of bed?? (sorry, still on my first cup). I ran in with him standing in the hallway asking what was that. . . It was inside, right? . . .He went to the guest room and I went to the stock room. The geust bedrooms closet fell,. . . shelf and rod fell off the wall. Hunny tells me, well its not going anywhere. . . Guess not. So we both went to work. I did come home to take out the tool kit my hunny made me, got a few srews out of the shed and hung everything back up. My house is about 25 years old now. When the builder put in the shelf and rod, they drove in 16 finishing nail and not all went into studs. . . I am hoping my 8 screws in studes and 3 more to support the rod in the middle (with stud) will last a little longer. Bonus was that I got to rearrange the closet to make it more organized! So after feeding, "working" and feeding again, I am off for the rest of the day
1f642.png
So dinner was some left over roasted pork meat dumped into a pot with a can f(yes, a can of manwich sauce. . . it expired 11/2015 but was still edible). It was one of those I need to use and it was a no cook night for me. Heated up some corn and carrots for hunny's sides. Why the heck I bought that sauce, I don't know. . . it made sense at the time. Normally we don't eat that for dinner and I do have a few jars in the pantry for those busy type days that I made from scratch lasts year when I had the bumper crop of tomatoes.

So
They were.... Actually I only ate one. My wife took two bites of hers, which means I've got a good lunch tomorrow! She likes beef, but has major stomache issues and will probably pay for those bites. I think I'd just go ahead and hang myself the day I can't enjoy steak anymore! Anyways, I'm always greatful to go to bed with a full belly of good food.
Sorry your girl has tummy issues. . . I really do mean that one. I love my beef too and it would be hard to stop after just a couple bites!!

I was up at 4 for work and while enjoying my morning coffee on the back porch with my dog Ike and a couple goats, I hear a loud crash. . .and then my sweet hunny yelling Baby!! I ran inside thinking maybe he fell out of bed?? (sorry, still on my first cup). I ran in with him standing in the hallway asking what was that. . . It was inside, right? . . .He went to the guest room and I went to the stock room. The geust bedrooms closet fell,. . . shelf and rod fell off the wall. Hunny tells me, well its not going anywhere. . . Guess not. So we both went to work. I did come home to take out the tool kit my hunny made me, got a few srews out of the shed and hung everything back up. My house is about 25 years old now. When the builder put in the shelf and rod, they drove in 16 finishing nail and not all went into studs. . . I am hoping my 8 screws in studes and 3 more to support the rod in the middle (with stud) will last a little longer. Bonus was that I got to rearrange the closet to make it more organized! So after feeding, "working" and feeding again, I am off for the rest of the day
1f642.png
So dinner was some left over roasted pork meat dumped into a pot with a can f(yes, a can of manwich sauce. . . it expired 11/2015 but was still edible). It was one of those I need to use and it was a no cook night for me. Heated up some corn and carrots for hunny's sides. Why the heck I bought that sauce, I don't know. . . it made sense at the time. Normally we don't eat that for dinner and I do have a few jars in the pantry for those busy type days that I made from scratch lasts year when I had the bumper crop of tomatoes.
I've seen several of those wiremould shelves fall off the wall like that. The builder would catch one or two studs and the rest of the fasteners just went into Sheetrock. Nothing like taking pride in your work.... Glad you had the gumption to just take it on and 'get er done'. Don't beat yourself up over a little manwich! I have about five cans of ravioli, that for some reason I crave a couple time a year. Half way through a bowl my craving is usually good for a few months again.

Last night was popcorn and a movie. I was so chilled from being outside most of the day that I didn't feel like making dinner and just curled up under a blanket.
Must be getting old. It was only 12 degs yesterday and thought I was going to freeze. I was out running my traps and had to stop twice and build a fire to warm up.

When the builder put in the shelf and rod, they drove in 16 finishing nail and not all went into studs. . . I am hoping my 8 screws in studes and 3 more to support the rod in the middle (with stud) will last a little longer.

What I did for mine.

Put a 2x4 up under the back of the shelf, along the wall horizontally, and put the 2x4 into the wall where the studs were. So then just connected shelf to the 2x4. (so we didn't have to match it to the studs).

I used another 2x4 as a central support, just to keep it from ever falling again. (we hung heavy costumes on it).

Last edited:
Was to lazy from working out in the cold all day. Had crackers with peanut butter, celery with olives and ranch dressing, and some ruffle potatoe chips. All washed down with a glass of wine that had chunks of pineapple and ginger ale in it. Not a bad way to end the day.

Latest posts

Back