What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting idea on cooking omelets. I would have never thought boiling a beat egg would turn out. I'll test it out before long. Throw in some diced tomatoes and you may be on to something

Be sure to get the actual freezer bags though, as they stand up to the boiling water. The regular ones will not. ;)

Tonight was smoked "sticky" chicken. Took a package thighs and marinated over night in teriyaki, honey and chipotle spices. Then smoked/cooked them for about 8 hours. Cut up some potato's and added them about 2 hours before the chicken was done. And a good glass of 18 year old single malt to finish it off. Only thing missing was a nice Choiba.

tonight will be cheese burger night for me,once the meat patties are done..and i'll eat baked beans n chips with it..

The wife got hungry for good beef and picked up some extra lean hamburger meat on the way home from work. Damned good burgers! I pan fried them in a little olive oil since they were so lean and just used salt and freshly ground pepper. Mayo mustard pickles and some fancy cheese called Berliner Der Käse.

Tonight was smoked "sticky" chicken. Took a package thighs and marinated over night in teriyaki, honey and chipotle spices. Then smoked/cooked them for about 8 hours. Cut up some potato's and added them about 2 hours before the chicken was done. And a good glass of 18 year old single malt to finish it off. Only thing missing was a nice Choiba.
The chicken sounds good, I like just about any meat that's been slow smoked, but what's Choiba?

The wife got hungry for good beef and picked up some extra lean hamburger meat on the way home from work. Damned good burgers! I pan fried them in a little olive oil since they were so lean and just used salt and freshly ground pepper. Mayo mustard pickles and some fancy cheese called Berliner Der Käse.
Sounds a lot better than my single cheese burger from Wendy's. I don't eat much fast food, but the wife asked for a cheese burger on the way home. At least I got a chili with it. Wendy's has the only fast food chili that is decent to me.

Are Cuban cigars legal now?
It won't be long. I smoked for about ten yrs as a young dumb ###, and even though I would love to try a good cigar or pipe tobacco occasionally, I just don't want to ever play with that addiction again. I quit fifteen times before it finally stuck!

It won't be long. I smoked for about ten yrs as a young dumb ###, and even though I would love to try a good cigar or pipe tobacco occasionally, I just don't want to ever play with that addiction again. I quit fifteen times before it finally stuck!
That's great. I've been smoking cigars for over 45 years now. And chewed tobacco for about 23. Fortunately I quit chewing just over 25 years ago. I guess one good thing is when I started smoking cigars at 12 I couldn't afford to buy cigars very often. Chewing tobacco was .23 cents a can back then and easier to buy. Now with the cigars that I like costing between $35 and $100+ each I only smoke occasionally. Never could stand the smell of cigarettes.

That's great. I've been smoking cigars for over 45 years now. And chewed tobacco for about 23. Fortunately I quit chewing just over 25 years ago. I guess one good thing is when I started smoking cigars at 12 I couldn't afford to buy cigars very often. Chewing tobacco was .23 cents a can back then and easier to buy. Now with the cigars that I like costing between $35 and $100+ each I only smoke occasionally. Never could stand the smell of cigarettes.
They really are nasty! The only good thing about them is they get rid of your craving, for about thirty minutes. Nicotine is tough stuff to stop, but not impossible. My favorite was a mix of cherry and walnut flavored pipe tobaccos. The smell was so sweet. I drink a couple cups of coffee each morning now to start each day. I see people downing these energy drinks all the time saying they taste so much better. I've never tried one, because I know I would like it, and just don't need another bad habit!

I made baked potatoes, brussel sprouts, corn on the cob, and chicken for dinner last night, but the consensus was that the chicken was too spicy.

We made our own "stop sign" pizzas last night. Basically, just those cheap Totino's pizzas, but put some taco-seasoned ground beef on them, and some mexican shredded cheese (and a little extra pepperoni).

Taste like those little stop sign pizzas we loved in school...but a bit better. (and cheap).

The kids frickin' loved it, so that's good....they like it, and it's cheap. SOLD!

Made a good, old-fashioned pot roast last night. Had it crock most of the day. Roast, carrots, onions, celery, potatoes, mushrooms....yum. Though I kept going into that crock pot throughout the day, hehe. Could smell it all through the house.

do habaneros change color while still on the plant? or do they change color after their picked?..i have 12 of them on 2 or 3 plants.in which i've been putting off on picking.

oh ok..im not sure.but i think that they turn one of two colors..orange or red..but yet,not sure about the red thoe...

Latest posts

Back