Quantcast

What Will Disappear First

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Caribou

Reaction score
Knowing where that list came from makes it more credible. It also makes it more regional. In Alaska we'll be able to get salmon but probably not bananas. We should be able to get lumber but nails? Could be a problem.

I did very well. I didn't count things that I don't use against me. With that in mind I was in the high 90's. She things I might have in barterable quantities but mostly just what I want for myself. I like lists as a pop quiz on my preps.

Gracieboo

Reaction score
I enjoy lists, this is a good one because as a previous poster said it’s compiled from a disaster that has already happened. The things that it made me think about are hand grinder, rice and whole grains. I don’t have a hand grinder, as with canners they are not widely available here at an affordable cost and I’m currently saving for a home filtration system. My daughter hates rice and I usually store food we eat but I’ve just read that white rice has an indefinite shelf life so it’s going in my stores.

TexasFreedom

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Read through the list again. Got a chuckle (again). Some things like 'saline solution for contacts' have multiple purposes, like cleaning a wound. So don't write off some of the odd things like that. The gold/silver, they are not really a consumable, but they hold their value better than a collapsing currency. But it's a better list than 'toilet paper'.