What Will Disappear First

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knowing where that list came from makes it more credible. It also makes it more regional. In Alaska we'll be able to get salmon but probably not bananas. We should be able to get lumber but nails? Could be a problem.

I did very well. I didn't count things that I don't use against me. With that in mind I was in the high 90's. She things I might have in barterable quantities but mostly just what I want for myself. I like lists as a pop quiz on my preps.

I enjoy lists, this is a good one because as a previous poster said it’s compiled from a disaster that has already happened. The things that it made me think about are hand grinder, rice and whole grains. I don’t have a hand grinder, as with canners they are not widely available here at an affordable cost and I’m currently saving for a home filtration system. My daughter hates rice and I usually store food we eat but I’ve just read that white rice has an indefinite shelf life so it’s going in my stores.

Read through the list again. Got a chuckle (again). Some things like 'saline solution for contacts' have multiple purposes, like cleaning a wound. So don't write off some of the odd things like that. The gold/silver, they are not really a consumable, but they hold their value better than a collapsing currency. But it's a better list than 'toilet paper'.

Thought this list would be a helpful reminder to long term Preppers and a learning tool for new ones.

THE “NEW” FIRST 100 THINGS TO DISAPPEAR AFTER THE SHTF
1. Generators
Prices can range from a few hundred dollars to thousands. Lots of fuel must be stored(away from home).

2. Water Filters/Purifiers
The Sawyer Mini Water Filter is highly recommended and widely available. For higher usage volume check out the Sawyer Bucket Kit.

Thanks guys for supporting our brand. Just wanted to let you know that we are here to answer any technical questions you might have.

First on my list would be my eye glasses and several spares. My company covers half for eye glasses, so I try to get a new pair every year and stockpile. Same with work boots. Dentures? Things like this that are personal to you, and you only will be unobtainable. Recent picture of my wife. Ever see the walls of photos in the movies of people trying to find their loved ones? Copy to deed to my house is something that I don't have at home, but should get. If things got bad and you bugged out, when you come back, you might have to prove that your home was yours, and not the squatters living in it. This is already happening in California. Also, latest paper copies to all your bank accounts and your 401k and IRA. Chances are just as likely that things would get back to normal as not, and if the corporate bank computers go down, it would give you some legal recourse. Also, would give you a source of funds in some other country, if it came to that, assuming they had a branch of your bank there. I think it is more likely to expect a partial collapse of society, than going all the way back to the stone age, and access to your money can put a roof over your head and food in your mouth in that scenario.

Last edited:
The trouble with lists is that people think they need all this stuff to survive, whilst a lot of it may be useful in a minor or short term event, what is needed in a long term/permanent situation is skills and the knowledge to use those skills, our ancestors survived without 99.9% of the stuff on those lists. all these things on the lists are finite, when their gone their gone and no more will be produced once the supply chain collapses.
if you have to bug out for any reason you'll be leaving half of this stuff behind.
sometimes I think Prepping was invented just to keep the "Consumer Society" consuming!!!

Last edited:
#40 cracks me up....women’s makeup! 🤪

When the SHTF and there’s anarchy in the streets, the last thing I can imagine the rampaging hordes doing is pillaging the local beauty salon.
But, bring the riots. The first thing looted were the hair extension places that black people use. Priorities.

Yup Nike trainers, wide screen TVs, play stations, branded fashion clothes, bling chunky jewelry, I phones anything they can steal.

Want to know what the really good news is of all those rioters priorities? When the real thing happens, they will starve first! And they won’t have a clue how to survive!

Want to know what the really good news is of all those rioters priorities? When the real thing happens, they will starve first! And they won’t have a clue how to survive!
because 80% of the British population now live in cities and large urban centres and rely wholly on their mobile phones for communication and information when the grid goes down and they cannot recharge those mobile phones it might just as well be the middle ages for them as they wont have a clue how to survive without technology.

The idiots who steal TVs, Playstations or mobile phones in a crisis are not preppers but the biggest idiots, they only steal because their limited view is that the crisis is over after a week and that you can then sell the crap. If the crisis lasts longer than a week, you will notice that you cannot eat the electric device and that without electricity nobody is interested in a PC or the like. Stupid people who we don't have to worry about in a short time if it comes to a large-scale collapse.

Latest posts

Back