What Will Disappear First

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would install OFF SWITCHES to the gas, power, phones and water in all Public housing zones where 95 % of typical civil unrest originates. the minute they start rioting CLICK No heat, no light, no water, no food, no fuel, no phones, no internet.

The idiots who steal TVs, Playstations or mobile phones in a crisis are not preppers but the biggest idiots, they only steal because their limited view is that the crisis is over after a week and that you can then sell the crap. If the crisis lasts longer than a week, you will notice that you cannot eat the electric device and that without electricity nobody is interested in a PC or the like. Stupid people who we don't have to worry about in a short time if it comes to a large-scale collapse.

totally correct about the low life's lack of knowledge about the extent & magnitude of a SHTF - it's Xmas in July and that's alllll they care about - the massive flat screens will be flowing even with the power grid fried ....

and if it's your regular run of the mill looting scenario >>> the arson will start while the store is still being emptied - a good %%%% of an area's available food will burn on that 1st day - even with normal corporate lines if re-supply and re-building there's weeks and even months of shortages in the looted areas ....

the significance to preppers??? >>> the looting on Day 2 and going forward moves to the residential - God help anyone that lives on that "ghetto to retail" route - secondary will be the $$$$ high end of the community >>> Day 2 is also when the game play begins to flip with added violence - homeowners fighting back and degrees of personal & racial revenge by the looters/arsonists ....

just cut off the phones and the internet should do it, the rioters control and communicate with other rioters through these, cut them off and their in the dark.
For the life of me, I can't think of a single place this rioting and arson will start off in that has city administration that would cut off their own cell phone to save the city they "lead". It would have to be at State or Fed level and very few would at that.

totally correct about the low life's lack of knowledge about the extent & magnitude of a SHTF - it's Xmas in July and that's alllll they care about

That is one thing you write, the other is that the majority of the population no longer knows what deprivations or restrictions mean, you are used to everything being there when you need it, no matter what time. You rely on a lot, but if everything doesn't work anymore then I say good night, I think I would have to flee to the mountains from day 3, no matter what time of year or how dangerous it is there, but it will be much more dangerous than among these people to stay who have not prepared for anything. The worst things human beings are capable of would come within a week, it will probably be over for many after three weeks, but I never want to be anywhere near such a scenario.

when there is no food in the shops they will live for no more than 3 weeks to a month, no water and their life time will be measured in days.
hi bigpaul, the truth hurts doesn't it? even if there is water in the river, they will die from the shits in 3 days from the un-filtered water...food? yeah. fish and chips in a tin. sardines in a tin. biscuits in a tin...gotta tin opener? and then eating COLD meat from the tin...gag me!!! GP

most people in the modern computer age do not have a single clue about survival, they are so used to having stuff when they want it.
when there is no food in the shops they will live for no more than 3 weeks to a month, no water and their life time will be measured in days.

Agree Paul. I have instilled the prepping rules into my daughter and so far she is doing pretty good. She understands the basic weather preps etc. Not sure how the younger generation understands the political aspects we may be experiencing very soon. I'm sure that when SHTF, she and husband will run here, but that's what I've told her to do.

Agree Paul. I have instilled the prepping rules into my daughter and so far she is doing pretty good. She understands the basic weather preps etc. Not sure how the younger generation understands the political aspects we may be experiencing very soon. I'm sure that when SHTF, she and husband will run here, but that's what I've told her to do.
I was brought up with WW2 parents who prepared, it was not called prepping back then the word hadnt been invented, it was just putting stuff back for " a rainy day".
the trouble with a generation that was brought up on the internet and the JIT delivery system is they dont know anything about a rainy day.

I was brought up with WW2 parents who prepared, it was not called prepping back then the word hadnt been invented, it was just putting stuff back for " a rainy day".
the trouble with a generation that was brought up on the internet and the JIT delivery system is they dont know anything about a rainy day.

Canning, growing our own food, etc was just a part of life for my family. Money was tight and either you prepared for Winter or you starved.

same here, back in the day we bottled and pickled a lot of stuff, both wild and home grown, dad grew a lot of our own vegetables-most of my friends fathers did too, no freezers back then, no supermarkets just a general shop and not self service either, no internet and no mobile phones, if you wanted to make a phone call you went to the phone box on the corner.

My mom was born during the WW2 and grown up in the "hungry years" after the war in germany. She never forgot those years where wasn't enough food around, today we might would talk about an trauma.
With this experiences she always had enough food for minimum 2 weeks at home. Proably not really all was gourmet cuisine, but eatable, well tasting and of course saturating.
Myself, grow up with parents who had always someting eatable at home toke over this idea and i never stopped or regret i'm having foor for more than 2 weeks at home (OK, as prepper it's gone a lot more...). As well i'm prepared for those times there's no electricity around. Because one misfortune comes rarely alone.
Maybe another reason why i never had an empty food store at home: In Switzerland the gouvernment was proclaim until the end of the cold war "wise advice - emergency stock" and asked the citizens to keep some food, water and candles ect at home. Until 10, 15 years ago it was an duty to have an own shelter in the house. This duty was gone because no one was counting with an war again.

hi bigpaul, the truth hurts doesn't it? even if there is water in the river, they will die from the shits in 3 days from the un-filtered water...food? yeah. fish and chips in a tin. sardines in a tin. biscuits in a tin...gotta tin opener? and then eating COLD meat from the tin...gag me!!! GP

no better demonstration of the stupidity than the SuperDome during Katrina >>> the entire Metro sewer system was flooded - floodwater pushing up thru the toilets - and the "refugees" were standing inline ankle-deep in crap to add more crap to the flood ....

in contrary - there was a congregation of doctors that got trapped at a NOLA high ticket hotel >>> before allowing anyone to wade out to the rescue vehicles they inoculated everyone against the plague ....

massive dysentery starts a few days after the taps go dry - then comes food poisoning - and then the heavy hitters like typhoid rolls in >>>> running out of food in a few weeks will be the lesser of troubles ....

Latest posts

Back