what are your prepping goals for the next year (or two)?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I parked an old car on top of mine , it would create a property price increase that would affect our taxes. An improvement like this would cause all the neighbors to do the same.
Yeah, one good thing about living in the country is nobody cares what you do!;)

the pump is very old.so it'll get trashed.the well line comes up to the top of the pump house floor.and the pump n tank sits on top of it.and forget the homeowners association.on acount it'll be for when the shtf happens.if i get that dont.id probaly go with a hand pump at each sink.
All I can say for sure Jim is if you want to do things like this, now is going to be a lot easier than post shtf. I think we will see inflation run rampant, and buying parts will be even harder. Something like drinkable water is at the top of my prepping list.

Up until three weeks ago I didn't know about the plan to super size the original plasma reactor into a 3.8 meter tall monster. It'll be ready in two weeks and will have the power capability to provide 60 volts per second non stop for sixteen years.

The original one malfunctioned and fried the blocks power grid. The mark two detonated after a faulty seal and the mark three worked properly and is still going. So this is the mark four... Mark six if you count the weaponised versions. A 48 oz grenade and a thirteen kilo shell... We have three shells but no kerosene fuel to launch them through the Davy Crocket style launcher.

All I can say for sure Jim is if you want to do things like this, now is going to be a lot easier than post shtf. I think we will see inflation run rampant, and buying parts will be even harder. Something like drinkable water is at the top of my prepping list.

yeah i do need to.but my finances had me limited to what i can do at any given time..and then the car wreck,has got me limited even more to i can do right now.so i gotta wait till the settlements are in hand before i go with what i do next..

i've been working on new year resolution prep list for this year.in which they be prep needs and need to learn situations..i've add to the list,and removed items as well.i've rearanged furniture,by moving some to different rooms n all,to make space for what preparations i do/make..in which i suceded in clearing most of one wall in my bedroom,where i'll be keeping preps..

Finances certainly changed my plans. Luckily, the wife just got hired (and near me for a change), so that will help. At least I did get a few things done....(like the bunny habitat, and prep work for garden, pond, got my diesel truck up and running again, etc.)

THIS YEAR:

FEB - Plant the garden (finally)! (includes rain catchment and gravity feed soaker hoses), and fenced in garden area.

MAR - Plant the herb garden (and do koi pond)

APR - Start planting fruit trees (as I find them)

Fencing to split main pasture

Add some water barrels

Start home canning

Convert empty stall to emergency guest room (infirmary post SHTF) - basically add floor, seal up walls and make it all look pretty, have a window AC unit, and made door, window (plexiglass), lots of medical supplies and gadgets, etc.

Pool is in the plan, but likely moving to next year (want to put in an above ground, that is about 2' in the ground, and build deck around it.)

Would like to get a nice rifle to add to firearms

Start getting used bullet-proof vests (eventually one per person) and helmets, but will have to do these all over time due to cost. You'd be surprised, can usually get them for under $100 a piece if you really look.

Planter/Bunkers - concrete block planters, that can easily convert to sentry station pillboxes post SHTF.

Continually build up canned goods and dry goods stockpiles

NEXT YEAR:

Solar powered well pump.

Solar charging station in garage for charging power tools.

Full camera system (8 cameras)

Outhouse by stable (constructed one, with modern toilet, etc.)

HAM radio (and license), but also home CB unit (to talk with truck)

EVENTUALLY:

Propane tank (large) and backup generator for full house power (though we'd still ration).

Root cellar (concrete block)

Vehicle stoppers (in front of front fence) and cattle grate over entry drive (locking)

I don't even want to think about any new projects, but would like to finish up several of the ones allready in progress! I am turning the chicken enclosure into an area to grow corn this year. I'm hoping that a year off will have the nitrogen broke down enough to plant now. It's about 20x20', and gets lots of sun. I guess my main goal is to grow more in the garden and greenhouse. I may try some new veggies. Last season the red potatoes were really successful. It was the first time I had tried growing them. They even produced a second time in the fall from the tiny ones I missed earlier. I'm not a good enough gardener to grow exotic stuff, so am always looking for hardy plants that grow easily in my area. I do get better each year, but still don't call myself a 'real farmer' :).

We continuing the path we are on and that's maintaining what we already have though I am still in the process of refining our I.N.C.H. bags and I'm sure this refinement will never end and that's a good thing... least I'm not actually having to use it for it's intended purpose ;)

Getting push back on the stall/room idea. She wants me to make it into an art studio room instead....bah...

LOL. Well, we are a family of artists, and we do need such a space. But, I figured I'd clear out part of the garage for it. Her and the kids are all gung-ho about the studio stall conversion idea though.

so tell them that you'll turn a part of the garage into emergency guest room..you just might get what you want on that deal..lol

Well, I do have TWO spare stalls....so maybe after one, can do the other.

Mostly, I have a few different scenario needs for this room.
1) Something happens and my mom needs a place for a while. (my wife would hate it, but hey...)
2) A friend of mine finally gets kicked out as he separates from his wife.
3) One of the kids move out, we do something else with their room, and they then move back when they realize the big bad world sucks

We continuing the path we are on and that's maintaining what we already have though I am still in the process of refining our I.N.C.H. bags and I'm sure this refinement will never end and that's a good thing... least I'm not actually having to use it for it's intended purpose ;)
Good point on not being in the situation where we have to use our preps! I like being prepared for as much as I can be, but really like the comforts I've gotten so used to.

Ok....new acronym for me. I.N.C.H. What does that stand for?
"I'm never coming home." I think I'm gonna need a bigger bag. I guess a hazard like bio or nuke accident, or your area is taken over by thugs, etc. sometimes just cutting and running to stay alive is your best option. Having some gear with you is wise.

Aha. Got it. I have felt that way MANY times. ;)
I've worked pretty hard making my home comfortable and the property pretty self sufficient here. I'd really hate to leave it, but if a nuke plant melted down, or some contimanate made the area unsafe, I'd split in a heartbeat. I hate the idea of starting over in my early fifties, but being alive always beats the alternative.

In my forties myself. Way I figure it, I hope to live at least into my 70's if not even longer.
I wish I could say I'm prepping for the kids too, but neither (at this time) really wants to live out here. Hopefully that will change as they get older, and as the world seems closer and closer to going to hell, they'll realize the value of the ranch.

So, other than self-sufficiency, other keys are things we can use and benefit from now, as well as just increasing our comfort. We also try to make daily tasks easier, with things like gravity fed feeders, etc.

Ok....new acronym for me. I.N.C.H. What does that stand for?

This is one bag one hopes to never need, I've been working on one for a while now giving that if I have to leave the property on a permanent bases something dramatic had happened, in other words it's the final solution.

Think of it as a backup to all your other backups ;)

Latest posts

Back