UK preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started monitoring the UK sites for the upsurge when the EU break-off was pending - expecting some useful & unique prepping perspectives >>> didn't see much of any activity increase

i voted for Brexit, we simply sat sipping our tea and let Brexit happen without bothering to bat an eye..;)

Hey guys I've been meaning to ask-
If anybody's interested- Is there a forum section where I can create a "Doomsday Hall" thread where we can discuss how to get a survival group going in a starving hardcore post-apoc world where 99% of the worlds population has been killed by plague or asteroid?
For example I envisage taking over an abandoned country house like this one, then we can have fun talking about defending it, growing food, animal husbandry etc.:)

Hall2.jpg

There is a reason the military teaches markmanship at the range not on simulators...

Yes, i've never fired a real gun in my life but I hope to muddle through in an apocalypse, for example I think heard that the pointed end of the cartridge has to go into the breech first..:)
PS- the world's military use simulators (below) probably when it's raining so they won't have to go outside and get wet-

mil-sims-2.jpg

I am a Range Master at our local gun range. I can assure you, from my weekly encounters, that there is a major learning curve to being an adequate shooter from being a video game warrior. Every week I encounter shooters that cannot hit a 12 x 12 inch target at 100 yards and don't even know where their bullets are hitting. I don't play video games but I can put 5 shots into a 1 inch group at 100 yards and I am not considered a great shooter. When was the last time a video game required the player to understand ballistic drop, wind deflection and angle to target?

I did not realize that the anti-gun brainwashing in the UK was so successful. The Native Americans learned a long time ago that a pure sprit and a bow and arrows were no match for a mean spirit and firearms. If it wasn't for The United States and their nasty guns the English would be speaking German now.

...If it wasn't for The United States and their nasty guns the English would be speaking German now.

And if not for the Brits you'd still be speaking Crow or Blackfoot..;)

GREAT MOMENTS IN HISTORY: the Pilgrim Fathers land in the New World!
"Thank God that voyage is over, I was puking my guts up all the way across the Atlantic.
Okay people, break out the guns and let's go bust Hiawatha's ###, we'll be running the place inside a week if he's the best they've got around here"

Mayflow-beach.jpg

Last edited:
Trigger control, flinching, breathing, clearing jams, target acquisition, reacquisition after firing, changing mags...just some of the things you can't learn about on a computer game.
Let’s not forget about recoil and report for the first time shooter. Video games don’t have either by comparison. Lol

My advice for the video warrior that does not have ready access to firearms, get a good air rifle and learn to shoot. There will not be the recoil, loud shot sound or muzzle blast but at least you can learn most shooting skills. Air rifle shooters have to learn to read the wind, adjust for pellet drop, distance calculations (super critical with air rifles), trigger control, sight adjustment (either manual or scope), shot placement, and a dozen other skills needed to become and adequate shooter. That will still not prepare you to be a firearms marksman but you will be a heck of a lot better prepared for firearms.

You guys quotes- "When was the last time a video game required the player to understand ballistic drop, wind deflection and angle to target...trigger control, flinching, breathing, clearing jams, target acquisition, reacquisition after firing, changing mags...recoil and report"

What are these things called "video games" you guys keep mentioning?
I certainly don't play them and neither do any other serious adult wargamers, we only play proper "military simulations" like 'Armed Assault III', check it at the Range..😛

Last edited:
You guys quotes- "When was the last time a video game required the player to understand ballistic drop, wind deflection and angle to target...trigger control, flinching, breathing, clearing jams, target acquisition, reacquisition after firing, changing mags...recoil and report"

What are these things called "video games" you guys keep mentioning?
I certainly don't play them and neither do any other serious adult wargamers, we only play proper "military simulations" like 'Armed Assault III', check it..😛

Did the recoil in the game make your shoulder hurt and caused you to flinch on the next trigger pull? Simulations do not make a person a real life warrior. Nobody ever actually died while playing Assault lll. Nobody actually felt a live round go past their head. Even playing in paintball games, people react differently when those painful paintballs start landing near them. Strategy games are good for the armchair generals but not worth a darn for on the ground grunts. The grunts (gals and guys) on the ground determine the outcome, not the general. Afghan military surrendered / retreated and gave the Taliban a victory in just weeks. the Taliban did not have tanks, jets or heavy weapons but they did have seasoned and willing fighters. According to military strategy, that conflict should have been a long drawn out affair. Paper (or video) planning is not the same as real life.

Last edited:
In 'Stargate Universe' Jack O'Neill and Prof Rush sign up a champion wargamer to help them kick alien butt..:)

sgu-eli-contract.jpg

Last edited:
In real life when we Brits pick up a gun the bad guys better watch out, we civilised half the world by teaching the natives how to make a decent cup of tea..:)

British-Empire.jpg

Then there was the Falklands War, we won that one single handed 8000 miles from home with no help from anybody..:)
Who can ever forget Maggie's immortal words when she was told the Argie cruiser Belgrano was threatening the Task Force?-

"SINK IT"
MaggieT.jpg

Latest posts

Back