UK preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well darn, I thought I was playing with some wanna be teenage Rambo, not some addled brain adult, living in an upstairs flat. Oh well, back to our regular programming. LOL
Or maybe you really are playing with some wannabe teenage Rambo (living in his parents basement), who is just fantasizing about growing up to be an addled brain adult living in an upstairs flat.

It takes alot of discipline and hard work to live a prepper or homesteader lifestyle. Playing video game simulations isn't anywhere near the same. Planning something on the computer vs actually doing something...like all day putting up food (for days), buying food storage, dating and storing, growing and maintaining that huge garden, raising and butchering livestock....it is amazing how time and energy intensive it is. This can't be done by putting your nose in SHTF literature, or your face in simulation games.

practice, practice, practice.
rotate,rotate, rotate.
eat what you store, store what you eat.
and finally, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
none of this will get done sitting on your backside playing computer(or even war) games.
prepping isnt all about the violent side, most of survival is repetition, repetition, repetition.

Your OPSEC sucks..

Like I've said, you can stay in the starving riot-torn city if you like and good luck with that..:)-
rioters.jpg

As for your other points-
1- Siting a hillfort on high ground gave the defenders an advantage because they could throw spears downward at the enemy, but with firearms a bullet doesn't need gravity to make it go faster. Anyway if Doomsday Hall was on a hill it'd be a sitting duck for enemy snipers..:)

2- After the apocalypse the Hall group will grab all they can from derelict stores before anybody else grabs it, such as guns, canned food, fuel etc.
Here the 'Survivors 1975' group are hand-cranking petrol up from an underground tank at a deserted filling station, then helping themselves to food at a deserted supermarket before the rats get it-
Survs-srs1-ep3-Gone-Away.jpg

3- We won't have to "vet" new members, because the very fact that they want to join the hall group shows they're made of the right stuff and are the type we want..:)

4- There's an old military doctrine- "whoever fires first wins", so our rooftop sniper will squeeze rounds off at long range and the bad guys won't know what hit them.

5/6- Like i said, we're going to grab guns from deserted gunshops and food from deserted supermarkets rather than leave them for the bad guys to grab.
As for food later on, we'll grow/hunt/fish our own, here's the veg plot behind the Hall-

Doom-veg.jpg

..doing anything AFTER the event has happened is a recipe for failure.

I'm not just a prepper, I'm also a survivalist and always plan ahead by looking at worst-case scenarios such as a plague or meteor bombardments that wipe out 99% of the human race.
So when the disaster hits it makes sense to move out of the city to a big country house and start growing food, because nothing will grow in concrete..:)

Sorry for your thread getting hijacked by a troll curly, it was good while it lasted, but that's the internet 🤣

You're an Aussie mate and in case you hadn't noticed, this is the UK Preppers thread, and as Curly is English he's welcome to join the Hall group anytime.
In fact people of any nationality are welcome to join if they radiate tough positive non-defeatist vibes.
Now go back to polishing your boomerang..:)

Last edited:
Well darn, I thought I was playing with some wanna be teenage Rambo, not some addled brain adult, living in an upstairs flat. Oh well, back to our regular programming. LOL

I see you're in Arizona mate and voted against Trump and his wall, good luck with that when the illegals waltz across the undefended un-wired border and start pinching your brussel sprouts... 😛

results-2020-A.png

I'm not just a prepper, I'm also a survivalist and always plan ahead by looking at worst-case scenarios such as a plague or meteor bombardments that wipe out 99% of the human race.
So when the disaster hits it makes sense to move out of the city to a big country house and start growing food, because nothing will grow in concrete..:)
just as long as nobody beats you to it first.
I'm a prepared survivalist and I got out of a city years ago, 22 years in fact, I married a country girl born and bred who knows more about rural matters than I ever will.
actually your wrong, a lot of things will grow and push up through concrete.

It takes alot of discipline and hard work to live a prepper or homesteader lifestyle...

Thanks, and as a matter of interest how many people do you think a spread like this could support, as we don't want more members than the land can feed..:)

shtf-five-acre.jpg

I'm a prepared survivalist and I got out of a city years ago, 22 years in fact, I married a country girl born and bred who knows more about rural matters than I ever will.

Good for you mate, here's one of the bedrooms at Doomsday Hall you can both have; sorry about the candles but there's no electricity post-apoc..:)
Doom-bed.jpg

I dont need electricity, I lived off grid for 12 years without it.

Yeah who needs electricity anyway?..:)
Here's the 'Survivors 1975' group having an after-supper singsong in the big country house they've moved into, you'd never guess it was post-apoc apart from the paraffin lamps.
And the song is interesting, it's as if they're glad they don't have to get up to go to work tomorrow because they know the old rat-racing world has gone forever and doesn't matter any more..:)

Yeah who needs electricity anyway?..:)
Here's the 'Survivors 1975' group having an after-supper singsong in the big country house they've moved into, you'd never guess it was post-apoc apart from the paraffin lamps.
And the song is interesting, it's as if they're glad they don't have to get up to go to work tomorrow because they know the old rat-racing world has gone forever and doesn't matter any more..:)

basing your survival on fiction is a recipe for disaster.
"Survivors" was good, much better than the later p.c. remake but they did a lot wrong and most of it would have got them killed in real post collapse life.

basing your survival on fiction is a recipe for disaster..

Yes, but fictional films and TV shows are often a good guide on what NOT to do..:)
Example, don't upset your compass-
In 'Run for the Sun' Widmarks ladyfriend puts her bag (red circle) on the dash but there's something magnetic in it that messes up the compass next to it (yellow).
"Okay we should be over Mexico city now" says Widmark and starts descending through the clouds only to see a vast area of uninhabited jungle below him with fuel running out-

Run-for-the-Sun.jpg

SPOILER ALERT
After crashlanding in the jungle when his fuel ran out, Widmark makes an almighty goof by telling the 3 plantation owners who rescued him and his girlfriend that he knows they're wanted war criminals, so of course they go gunning for him!

Last edited:
dont put your compass on top of your rifle barrel.
fiction is for entertainment not for prepping or survival, its for ratings, for "bums on seats" and above all its for profit, getting it right dosent come into it.
I'm not basing my survival post collapse on the fevered mind of some Hollywood film director.

The right balance of membership numbers at the Hall will be essential; too few people and they won't be able to work the land efficiently, but too many will mean it'll be a struggle to feed all the mouths.
Here are the Doomsday Hall group (about 25) at their evening meal; the whole aim and objective of life at the Hall will be to put enough food on the table for at least one good noshup like this per day, with still enough left over for a decent breakfast and supper..:)
doom-dinner.jpg

Incidentally this is the Hall kitchen-
hall-kitchen.jpg

Hmmm..smells good..:)
victorian-kitchen2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back