UK preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, but when i went into our local airsoft shop a couple of years ago and expressed an interest in buying one, they said something like "sorry we're not allowed to sell to the general public, only to legit airsoft club members" so I had to drop the idea.
This is Britain so I suppose our gun laws also apply to anything that looks like a real firearm, heck we can't even buy blank-firing guns or camping knives or pepper sprays (but i think we can buy air guns).
i'll pop into the shop again next time I'm in town to see if the laws have changed, and i'll also google around..:)

PS- my dad brought back a couple of real guns from WW2 and I can remember him showing them to me when I was about 5, they were square and chunky so I suppose they were 1911 Colt types, and they seemed very heavy, not a bit like the toy cowboy guns I was used to.
"Don't tell anybody I've got them" he said, so he must have known they were illegal.
Dunno if he had any ammo for them.
Years later I asked him if he still had the guns, but he said "What guns?" and said he didn't know what I was talking about.
When he'd gone off to work I searched the house from top to bottom looking for them without success, so I presume he'd dumped them.
I know this an very old thread but I only just read the earlier posts here. I really hope the Dropship guy taught his a£$hole to speak as what comes outta his mouth (brain, fingers) is just pure cr@p - how has he not poisoned his own self through his fumes? Dang!

Airsoft? Who gives a f about Airsoft? Who would even want an Airsoft tool? Sorry but my brain is in mega confusial!

"Blank-firing guns" are available - go read the legislation on the topic.
"Camping knives" - wtf is he even talking about? I can go and buy machete 'types' edged weapons from my local gun shop. I have a couple of diving knives (sometimes a stray rope or fishing nets gets caught around the inboard and you gotta get under the yacht to cut that stuff off - they are about 4 inches but I never carry them) and several full tang edged tools. FFS, I had a Ka Bar Becker BK-7 delivered by post to my home from overseas. If I want I can get a Katana or a fecking broadsword. There is zero problem with owning, one can't take the stuff out in public or carry them. This is a very big difference. Zero problem with obtaining as long as you are of age. I train daily with a full length beech Bokken (occasionally I catch parts of my body with it and it is only then that I am so glad that I do not own a decorative Katana) and my last mis strike put a hole in my door. This is a BEECH BOKKEN and not steel - for the slow of reading. Wood is fierce and I would not mess with it.
Is this guy 10 or something? If you have a photo driving licence you can order just about anything online that you might fancy - for indoor or decorative purposes.
"This is Britain so I suppose our gun laws also apply to anything that also looks like a real firearm" ... just WTAF! I could apply for a firearms licence and I would 100% get one. I don't want or need one here. There are much quieter ways. Personally I think if it all goes sideways the firearms owners will be getting the first knock on the door. I really hope I am wrong, but it is just a thought in the back of my mind. I'm surrounded by farmers who own the real deal but shotguns and rifles are a-okay here legally with a licence.
As for lookalikes ... I bought legally from our gun shop an CO2 weapon in the style of a Beretta (which resembles the piece used in Lethal weapon and Die Hard), I also interwebs purchased a Sig Sauer lookalike - also CO2 powered. Any trained fire arms officer 'should' be able to tell the difference but in reduced lighting tragic mistakes 'could' occur - this is why a responsible person does not take them out for a walk or mess around with them. These are used for indoor target practice only and they NEVER leave my home. I never have them on me either when I am about my home - they ARE locked away and as I said, there are much quieter methods.

I notice that our own homegrown Adonis - saviour to all us know nowts - says f all about bows. In the UK you are free to purchase long, recurve or compound without a licence. For now there is not a draw weight limit - if you have not yet, then think about grabbing one of 'em while they are still able to import them. If you have any bow queries PM me as I have done this for years.
Crossbows depending on certain factors may NOT be legal in the UK. Go look at the UK gov website and read all legislation very carefully.
Disclaimer: It is against UK law to hunt a wild animal using any bow. So never do that.
Dropship may be a glowie or he may be a basement dweller, either way neither will last very long.

Send me a PM - I'd be glad to chat, mate. A lot of folks here seem twitchy at best about getting in touch but last long as lone wolf or small group types. Safety in numbers, dude, but like-minded folks are almost impossible to find irl. Many of us are surrounded by the sleepy types.

Have a great day.

FYI, this person hasn't been on here since 2013.

I know this an very old thread but I only just read the earlier posts here. I really hope the Dropship guy taught his a£$hole to speak as what comes outta his mouth (brain, fingers) is just pure cr@p - how has he not poisoned his own self through his fumes? Dang!

Airsoft? Who gives a f about Airsoft? Who would even want an Airsoft tool? Sorry but my brain is in mega confusial!

"Blank-firing guns" are available - go read the legislation on the topic.
"Camping knives" - wtf is he even talking about? I can go and buy machete 'types' edged weapons from my local gun shop. I have a couple of diving knives (sometimes a stray rope or fishing nets gets caught around the inboard and you gotta get under the yacht to cut that stuff off - they are about 4 inches but I never carry them) and several full tang edged tools. FFS, I had a Ka Bar Becker BK-7 delivered by post to my home from overseas. If I want I can get a Katana or a fecking broadsword. There is zero problem with owning, one can't take the stuff out in public or carry them. This is a very big difference. Zero problem with obtaining as long as you are of age. I train daily with a full length beech Bokken (occasionally I catch parts of my body with it and it is only then that I am so glad that I do not own a decorative Katana) and my last mis strike put a hole in my door. This is a BEECH BOKKEN and not steel - for the slow of reading. Wood is fierce and I would not mess with it.
Is this guy 10 or something? If you have a photo driving licence you can order just about anything online that you might fancy - for indoor or decorative purposes.
"This is Britain so I suppose our gun laws also apply to anything that also looks like a real firearm" ... just WTAF! I could apply for a firearms licence and I would 100% get one. I don't want or need one here. There are much quieter ways. Personally I think if it all goes sideways the firearms owners will be getting the first knock on the door. I really hope I am wrong, but it is just a thought in the back of my mind. I'm surrounded by farmers who own the real deal but shotguns and rifles are a-okay here legally with a licence.
As for lookalikes ... I bought legally from our gun shop an CO2 weapon in the style of a Beretta (which resembles the piece used in Lethal weapon and Die Hard), I also interwebs purchased a Sig Sauer lookalike - also CO2 powered. Any trained fire arms officer 'should' be able to tell the difference but in reduced lighting tragic mistakes 'could' occur - this is why a responsible person does not take them out for a walk or mess around with them. These are used for indoor target practice only and they NEVER leave my home. I never have them on me either when I am about my home - they ARE locked away and as I said, there are much quieter methods.

I notice that our own homegrown Adonis - saviour to all us know nowts - says f all about bows. In the UK you are free to purchase long, recurve or compound without a licence. For now there is not a draw weight limit - if you have not yet, then think about grabbing one of 'em while they are still able to import them. If you have any bow queries PM me as I have done this for years.
Crossbows depending on certain factors may NOT be legal in the UK. Go look at the UK gov website and read all legislation very carefully.
Disclaimer: It is against UK law to hunt a wild animal using any bow. So never do that.
Dropship may be a glowie or he may be a basement dweller, either way neither will last very long.

I have a small collection of knives and just this morning ordered a machete for a conversion project.

Cross bows are legal to own, they're illegal to hunt with same as any other bow as you mentioned.

Shotgun license is incredibly easy to get unless yo in have a conviction or medical (poor mental health) condition

I have a small collection of knives and just this morning ordered a machete for a conversion project.

Cross bows are legal to own, they're illegal to hunt with same as any other bow as you mentioned.

Shotgun license is incredibly easy to get unless yo in have a conviction or medical (poor mental health) condition
Some of our antiquated weapon laws, such as prohibition of silencers, were because of poaching during the great depression. I suspect laws against hunting with bows may be because of poaching also.

Some of our antiquated weapon laws, such as prohibition of silencers, were because of poaching during the great depression. I suspect laws against hunting with bows may be because of poaching also.
Possibly but I honestly don't see how, we still have people using crossbows to kill and maim animals.

Criminals by definition care little about the law.

Poaching

The illegal shooting, trapping, or taking of game or fish from private or public property.
As much as it irks me to come to BP's defense in the UK poaching outside of the kitchen is associated with the illegal taking of game and fish, they also now include plants I believe.

I'm not interested in semantics.

Possibly but I honestly don't see how, we still have people using crossbows to kill and maim animals.

Criminals by definition care little about the law.
UK-Ghost, if you live in the city, I can understand why you would think that. But believe it, it happens.

You are right about criminals caring little to nothing about the law. Sometimes erstwhile upstanding citizens get the temptation to shoot animals in a manner outside of the game regulations, or sometimes they don't even know they are doing something illegal because they didn't carefully read the latest regulations, and sometimes it is inadvertent - like shooting two birds with one shot when you are only one bird under the limit. Probably the vast majority of hunters in the U.S. have fudged on the regulations at some point. Something like a driver going ten miles per hour over the speed limit.

I dont know how much poaching still goes on or if the UK Police even care any more.
usually its some yobbo shooting a neighbours cat with an air rifle for fun, which isnt a game animal anyway not even a wild animal.
Your are right, shooting the neighbor's cat is not covered in the UK laws for prevention of poaching that forbid bows to be used on wild animals. (I looked it up: Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, Part 1, 5(1)(c) & 11(1)(b), yes they actually say "prevention of poaching")

I guess that just falls under animal cruelty laws, no matter what you use.

Latest posts

Back