Reading the tea leaves.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
Reading the stitches on a fast ball, prognosticating, fortune telling...

Whatever you want to call it. I've always believed that one of the most important aspects of being a prepper was being aware of where things were headed in the world and at home.

A month ago I told my daughter (who is very smart) that she needed to start reconsidering her wedding plans in October. She had no idea what I was talking about.

My wife figured this out a couple of weeks ago and sent my daughter a text along the same lines.

Now she knows what I was talking about. She wanted to know how I knew back then that this wasn't just another SARS or MERS that would pass.

See the title of the post...

Reading the stitches on a fast ball, prognosticating, fortune telling...

Whatever you want to call it. I've always believed that one of the most important aspects of being a prepper was being aware of where things were headed in the world and at home.

A month ago I told my daughter (who is very smart) that she needed to start reconsidering her wedding plans in October. She had no idea what I was talking about.

My wife figured this out a couple of weeks ago and sent my daughter a text along the same lines.

Now she knows what I was talking about. She wanted to know how I knew back then that this wasn't just another SARS or MERS that would pass.

See the title of the post...

Totally agree! History is rift with those who survived by paying close attention to what is going on around them...even before the majority of folks had a clue. Women, who tap into it, have a very strong intuition.

Lol anyone notice membership here has skyrocketed?
When this is all over they still will be ready to give us all foil hats.
I've been reading articles about how many people have become bandwagon preppers recently. I guess better late than never, but @DirtDiva is probably right assuming there is an "all over" for this.

I was telling my coworker about the eerie feeling I was getting because of how similar this pandemic is to the one I envision in the book I am writing. It's not the only time that I have thought of something bad happening and then it happened almost exactly that way. It's almost like I either know the future, or my fear (which I know is unfounded, but still the idea cannot completely escape me) is that I cause it with my thoughts.

I've been reading articles about how many people have become bandwagon preppers recently. I guess better late than never, but @DirtDiva is probably right assuming there is an "all over" for this.

I was telling my coworker about the eerie feeling I was getting because of how similar this pandemic is to the one I envision in the book I am writing. It's not the only time that I have thought of something bad happening and then it happened almost exactly that way. It's almost like I either know the future, or my fear (which I know is unfounded, but still the idea cannot completely escape me) is that I cause it with my thoughts.

I think we have all been trained over the generations to ignore/not recognize our own natural animal instincts and intuitions. A good example years ago I had my son at the pediatrician. I mentioned to him that the baby I had adopted had an unusual smell. It seemed his sweat smelled strong to me. The old pediatrician smiled and told me that he smelled different than my other two biological children and my body was telling me I had the wrong cub. Never occurred to me as a young mother that the reason was just my natural maternal instinct in overdrive.

My mother has had a bit of seeing the future during her life too. I thoroughly believe some people have an extra sense. You can use that sense for positive things and be happy you are blessed with it.

What kind of book are you writing?

I've had several short stories published in Blood Moon Rising, Analog Science Fiction and Fact, Noir Nation, and a few other pieces. My nonfiction has been in Skeptic, Skeptical Inquirer, The Autism Files, and some other magazines.

I also just had my first book published.

Is your book fiction, or nonfiction?

I'm always interested in communicating with another writer. Tell me more even if you private-message me.

What kind of book are you writing?

I've had several short stories published in Blood Moon Rising, Analog Science Fiction and Fact, Noir Nation, and a few other pieces. My nonfiction has been in Skeptic, Skeptical Inquirer, The Autism Files, and some other magazines.

I also just had my first book published.

Is your book fiction, or nonfiction?

I'm always interested in communicating with another writer. Tell me more even if you private-message me.
It's a dystopian fiction I started writing several years ago when I was in college. I have worked on it for a while on and off but I haven't finished it. I've written a lot of other things too but never published anything. Now as I watch things happening it's seeming less and less like fiction. It's honestly pretty damn scary.

It's a dystopian fiction I started writing several years ago when I was in college. I have worked on it for a while on and off but I haven't finished it. I've written a lot of other things too but never published anything. Now as I watch things happening it's seeming less and less like fiction. It's honestly pretty damn scary.
Send me an excerpt. I'd like to read it.

I may even suggest a publisher for you, but no promises on this part.

Latest posts

Back