Is this a beneficial idea for the betterment of humanity?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is an interesting concept.

If these militias are any appreciable distance from each other (i.e. more than a days forced foot march), or each milita has to have here and now their own independent power sourse to fuel source to power vehicles. Pop culture e.g. Mad Max, Beyond Thunderdome. What that movie failed to address was where did they get the feed/grain for the hogs and fresh water to generate the bio-gas/methane?
This secrete society would have to have the monies here and now to develop that kind of infrastructure and networks.

Otherwise, it would require many small secrete societies, in many towns . . . like maybe the Masons.
these were my thoughts exactly, thank you for the feedback! and in my picture the mode of transport would probably be horses for long range and golf carts, bikes, ect. for short

these were my thoughts exactly, thank you for the feedback! and in my picture the mode of transport would probably be horses for long range and golf carts, bikes, ect. for short

Realistically, at some point all the modern supplies we have eventually get used up.
I know of preppers who have a year (or more) worth of MREs for every family member. Of course the obvious question is, what do you do after one year plus one day?
That is when they say the will then start hunting. So many of them eschew gardening. Do not know why.

Regardless, unless you are planning on having some kind of way to generate bio-gas (see the Mad Max reference), or alcohol to power vehicles, walking or bicycling just may be the primary means of transportation in the short term.
In some areas, horses are more common and may become the primary means of transportation sooner than other areas.
I mentioned in another thread, in the majority of urban or suburban areas, you will not find horses parked in the garage.

In a post-SHTF world, our world is going to become a lot more local, i.e. within walking distance for most.
I can bicycle to the next "town" over. Note, when I say town, that is in name only. Like my town, they do not have so much as a traffic light, gas station, or Mcdonalds. Thing is, with the hills, it is a nutbuster of a ride. Not for the faint of heart. Your average American could not make such a ride.

I cant see any reason why I would want to go to the next town post collapse, I very rarely go there now so after collapse there would be no need.
post collapse life for us over here has to be self reliant or there will be no life.

It was merely an example of what we may now consider a short distance with a full tank of gas, that post-SHTF may be a trip requiring time and effort.

I agree all the supplies we have are just a way to wean off the lifestyle we have grown accustomed to. I’m realistically thinking 80% of the population would be dead in the first six months to a year at best. I liked the bicycle and hill comment. I bought some bikes when I first moved here. They got one trip and ended up being given away after sitting in the garage for a good while. We live in a low area that is uphill in both directions. Coming back was fun but pedaling up these hills without building up to it was murder…..

The only reason that I can see going anywhere is for trading, hunting, fishing, foraging and gathering needed things. Currently I can do all this on my own property. Trading will become essential after our stored food supplies run out. We have good soil here and can grow a nice garden. But our growing season is short by comparison to the valley's. I can see trading things that we have an excess of for things that we need.
Around here transportation will be by horse. There is no flat or smooth ground for riding bicycles. Town is 18 miles away and 2,000 feet lower.

but will there be any need for that journey post collapse? the stores will be empty, the gas stations will be empty.
that full gas tank will be required to run your generator for as long as that gas lasts.
Good point about the fuel. I have enough propane for the house to last 2 years without much problem. During winter we cook on the wood stove a lot. With a few minor changes in our electrical usage our solar will provide all of our electricity during the summer months. We have about a years worth of diesel and probably a years worth of gasoline. I figure its enough to last until we find a permanent solution.

Good point about the fuel. I have enough propane for the house to last 2 years without much problem. During winter we cook on the wood stove a lot. With a few minor changes in our electrical usage our solar will provide all of our electricity during the summer months. We have about a years worth of diesel and probably a years worth of gasoline. I figure its enough to last until we find a permanent solution.
My battery capacity is already less than what it was just shy of two years now. Even solar will eventually die out without replacements. I’m going to look into lithium for the next half of the panels. Better lifespan. There is an iron battery option that will last for decades but it requires maintenance. I believe it’s just keeping the water topped off but may need some electrolytes too. Worth learning about

If calamity befalls the world or the country we all have plans for the aftermath, however, what if we had a secret society in place? An organization similar to the minute men from the fallout franchise, we could set up trading routes and scout out potential settlements and homesteads, along with having trade routes, being part of the Coalition could provide much needed protection and supplies for people who would otherwise have a hard time getting such things. With all of this being said I propose we create a Coalition of Militias. just incase things fall apart around us we will all need each other to survive as humanity.
Secrete societies do not blab about them on the internet.

My battery capacity is already less than what it was just shy of two years now. Even solar will eventually die out without replacements. I’m going to look into lithium for the next half of the panels. Better lifespan. There is an iron battery option that will last for decades but it requires maintenance. I believe it’s just keeping the water topped off but may need some electrolytes too. Worth learning about
have you heard of liquid metal batteries? Look into Ambri.

The only reason that I can see going anywhere is for trading, hunting, fishing, foraging and gathering needed things. Currently I can do all this on my own property. Trading will become essential after our stored food supplies run out. We have good soil here and can grow a nice garden. But our growing season is short by comparison to the valley's. I can see trading things that we have an excess of for things that we need.
Around here transportation will be by horse. There is no flat or smooth ground for riding bicycles. Town is 18 miles away and 2,000 feet lower.
I see trade being done by river.

Question: Is it better to try to maintain our current lifestyles in a post SHTF world?

Or embrace the suck, and make do in the new world?
I embrace my current lifestyle but am preparing for the "Suck" lifestyle headed our way. If you can't hold back the tide, then build a boat.

Question: Is it better to try to maintain our current lifestyles in a post SHTF world?

Or embrace the suck, and make do in the new world?
I've been living the "Suck" lifestyle for a while just to ensure a smooth transition!

Honestly though, I think everyone, regardless of how well prepared they are, will be experiencing changes they are not used to. I don't think it will be possible for anyone to maintain their current lifestyle without drawing unwanted attention to themselves. Only the few that live remotely and have, years ago, made self-reliance a lifestyle, will be able to go forward as if nothing has changed.

Hey, I’m as sorry she died as anyone. But she chose to be there doing what she was doing. They are lucky I wasn’t the cop on the other side of those doors from the angry mob. I would have emptied the clip. The cop did what he was hired to do, protect those he was protecting.
really,,,, I think you would have been the first one out the back door

Latest posts

Back