Is this a beneficial idea for the betterment of humanity?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question: Is it better to try to maintain our current lifestyles in a post SHTF world?

Or embrace the suck, and make do in the new world?
you can try to hang on but in the end we will all either make do or die,,,,,,,,,,, I DON'T PLAN ON DYING,,, I will hold on to what I can and survive the best I can,,, if that means snuffing some a-holes so be it

Question: Is it better to try to maintain our current lifestyles in a post SHTF world?

Or embrace the suck, and make do in the new world?
anyone who tries to live after collapse the way they did before it isnt going to be around for long. the new "normal" post event will be nothing like the normal you knew before.
ADAPT OR DIE.

Agree, Big Paul. But anyone who tries to live after Covid in the here and now sees that it's changed.

The funny thing is, I can actually imagine people working two, or three times as hard to maintain that lifestyle.

Try using more than a few brain cells. That's not what he is saying.
He is saying those that did the destruction where not the Patriots and Trump supporters, it was leftist and Antifa and there's evidence of some being FBI agents.
Antifa carrying Trump banners and trying to get him installed as dictator for life. Yeah, that's exactly what Antifa wants. Forget brain cells dude, you need to get your eyes examined.

Antifa carrying Trump banners and trying to get him installed as dictator for life. Yeah, that's exactly what Antifa wants. Forget brain cells dude, you need to get your eyes examined.

You mean, like this well documented Trump supporter that was in capitol man. 6th?

John Earle Sullivan, 25

If there ever is a true SHTF i absolutely will try to make life as comfortable as possible. Why not? Of course there will be challenges that will need to be overcome and many adaptations will need to be made. The way I built my house it will still be very liveable even after the solar quits working.
My battery capacity is already less than what it was just shy of two years now. Even solar will eventually die out without replacements. I’m going to look into lithium for the next half of the panels. Better lifespan. There is an iron battery option that will last for decades but it requires maintenance. I believe it’s just keeping the water topped off but may need some electrolytes too. Worth learning about
I'm planing on replacing my battery bank and doubling the capacity within the next year or two. I'll probably go with lithium batterys this time. I'd also like to add a wind generator and maybe a few more solar panels. Right now my diesel generator averages 3.8 hours a day run time over a 12 month period to supplement the solar panels to provide the power we need. I'd like to cut that down to 1.5 hour or less. That will save a lot of diesel.

living where you do I would have thought heating was your most pressing item post SHTF, how long will diesel (or petrol) last post collapse? most filling stations are liable to be empty within 48 hours.
I agree. I figured we could stretch our fuel out to about 2 years. We heat with wood now, and during winter we can cook on the wood stove. I'm planing on building an outdoor kitchen that will include a wood fired oven, griddle and a grill. We've got enough firewood to last many lifetimes. Of course without fuel for the chainsaw or the wood splitter we'll be cutting and splitting firewood by hand.

I agree. I figured we could stretch our fuel out to about 2 years. We heat with wood now, and during winter we can cook on the wood stove. I'm planing on building an outdoor kitchen that will include a wood fired oven, griddle and a grill. We've got enough firewood to last many lifetimes. Of course without fuel for the chainsaw or the wood splitter we'll be cutting and splitting firewood by hand.
No doubt we would all be in better shape physically after shtf from all the exercise. Most of the high blood pressure and diabetes would be gone as soon as most lost weight and eating junk food. Maybe it’s not such a bad thing….

I have been doing much research on how to make this my main cooker in SHTF. Can cook on top the fire box. Have used it as as a pizza oven. Last week, researched how to make bread in a Dutch oven on it. Have been able to emulate Santa Maria style BBQ in it.
And it makes pretty darn good smoked meat.
I have plenty of dead oak around.

0AC93A0E-3020-4BBE-9166-3B0D7B4A85AD.jpeg

Now thats a pizza!
Besides being in my wood smoker, it’s from a kit. Not your your ChefBoyArdi type.
My friend in Buffalo NY, whose family has run one of the longest running concession stands at the county fair, came out with his kit last year because there were no fairs. Selling online. Pretty darn good and a taste of home for me.

Latest posts

Back