Sticky How prepared are you right now?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The level of "bring it on" comes with training. Be sure to be proficient in active fire situations, because in a real scenario, rest assured, your target is not nailed to a tree. Firing while moving is an ENTIRELY different ball game. Unfortunately, many people think because they can hit a stationary target (while stationary lol), they are prepared. Just remember, you are also a stationary target, that is unless you get to moving around. Firing while moving is a whole different ball game. Get out there and start with advancing on a stationary target while moving, always lowering your weapon between shots to improve your ability to get on target, and when you have honestly gotten comfortable with that (a few hundred rounds later or more), do the same with a target swinging from a rope or otherwise on the move. Too many people say "I'm ready, bring it on" when the only thing they've shot at is a non-moving neon circle.

you're enemy will not be standing still, and neither should you! if you been in a war and have been actively shot at, don't take this personal, you know what I mean.

Last edited:
The level of "bring it on" comes with training. Be sure to be proficient in active fire situations, because in a real scenario, rest assured, your target is not nailed to a tree. Firing while moving is an ENTIRELY different ball game. Unfortunately, many people think because they can hit a stationary target (while stationary lol), they are prepared. Just remember, you are also a stationary target, that is unless you get to moving around. Firing while moving is a whole different ball game. Get out there and start with advancing on a stationary target while moving, always lowering your weapon between shots to improve your ability to get on target, and when you have honestly gotten comfortable with that (a few hundred rounds later or more), do the same with a target swinging from a rope or otherwise on the move. Too many people say "I'm ready, bring it on" when the only thing they've shot at is a non-moving neon circle.

you're enemy will not be standing still, and neither should you! if you been in a war and have been actively shot at, don't take this personal, you know what I mean.

This is why I regularly play airsoft and practice fast tactical offence and defensive maneuvers. Even though I hurt all over afterwards. Its better to be in pain than dead.

Really don't know what to write at the moment. Gots Lots. Need Lots. Have Lots more than lots of others. The psycho-side of survival, loosing contact with the rest of the world and not KNOWING what is out there or coming for you is the biggest thought to be carried...
We are ready with water, wood and a garden to go back 100 years and work from hand to mouth. BUT, if the canning, smoking and drying of food for winter storage fails, I hope to die in my sleep and not from frostbite. We are already learning to reduce with contact, food sources, scavaging for firewood, nuts, berries and other natural plant foodsources. Getting to know the land around us, where each road leads to, shortcuts back home, what the neighbors are like and where the animals gather for water. Have my fishing/trapping stuff ready, archery and springloaded pellet gun for quiet hunting. Won't count on my solar, electric, car or pharma-meds. Have my sun, fire and feet. Got lots of spare clothing and shoes if not able to buy new...BUT if the SHTF, there will be lots of empty houses, cars and spare clothing to find.
Our age and health are all within survival boundries. Don't need or want much. Can't take much with you if you gotta run, don't wanna leave much if you are one of the first to go.
Got my God and my wife, the rest, I will use my knowledge and my minimum of possessions.
Good thread Rellgar, sort out my thoughts, re-plan the Plan and check the supplies again...GP

the camping trip I'm going on has proven to me, that I'm not prepared to be without electricity and heat for this time of year.so I'll be making unexpected stop's on my way out,to become more prepared..

A primitive camping trip is a good test to see how you can handle SHTF conditions. Especially in winter.

I had plans to replenish lots of our staples that had been used during the covid lockdown, but since we are all in quarantine, we didnt get a chance before the election. I've seen the plans of Antifa and BLM to destroy the cities etc. Hopefully husband can go today and get toilet paper etc. We have some, but you never want to run out of TP. We have food, lots but not a wide variety.

Just picked up a 100 gallon fuel transfer tank with a hand pump and set it up on blocks by the shed. Thats when I realized I don't have a single extra spark plug for the generator. Today's project is to get a little shed built under the deck for the generator and get it wired into the panel. Last year I had to drag it from the shed to the house in 3 feet of snow. Not this year.

Our boxes are packed and ready to load into our BO vehicles. But my husband, the perpetual optimist, doesn't want to go to our BOL "until something actually happens", he said this morning. Man, I've been fighting this doubting Tom personality for months on this issue. He's in denial this is actually going down. What part of the THEY DON'T CARE WHAT THE BALLOT RESULTS ARE does he not understand? I'm so afraid this "wait and see" approach may end up biting us in the butt. If the roadway to our BOL gets blocked with the chaos that I feel certain is impending, we could get stuck here in the city (my worst fear in all this). The lion's share of our preps are down at our cabin, NOT HERE. We're sitting along an interstate between two major metropolitan areas that may become a hub of activist movement in Texas, so road blockages are a distinct possibility IMHO. Can you hear the low, quiet Grrrrrrr?

Our boxes are packed and ready to load into our BO vehicles. But my husband, the perpetual optimist, doesn't want to go to our BOL "until something actually happens", he said this morning. Man, I've been fighting this doubting Tom personality for months on this issue. He's in denial this is actually going down. What part of the THEY DON'T CARE WHAT THE BALLOT RESULTS ARE does he not understand? I'm so afraid this "wait and see" approach may end up biting us in the butt. If the roadway to our BOL gets blocked with the chaos that I feel certain is impending, we could get stuck here in the city (my worst fear in all this). The lion's share of our preps are down at our cabin, NOT HERE. We're sitting along an interstate between two major metropolitan areas that may become a hub of activist movement in Texas, so road blockages are a distinct possibility IMHO. Can you hear the low, quiet Grrrrrrr?

Why not just go to your BoL, instead of waiting out in your car?

Latest posts

Back