Sticky How prepared are you right now?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an increasing buzz that our country is going to have Very hard times coming soon. Things like people starving and total fighting in the streets. Am getting my lists out and taking another good look at what might be needed. Everyone please do the same.

alll part of the DNC master plan - they knew their election fraud gambit wouldn't work in the long run >>> thus the "Biden is President"

if you thought the DNC had ANTIFA/BLM going this summer >>> wait until "Trump "stole" the election from Biden" - another black excuse to loot - even the Everyday Joe DNCer hanger-ons will be protesting - How better way to energize a dying Party?

out yesterday >> Trump Tweet about a 3;30AM dump of WI Biden ballots - just shy of 200,000 - all electronically documented

As posted on another thread, I am switching from firearms to PCP Air Rifles. Lack of firearm ammo is the reason. I can't replace my existing ammo, so I plan to make the switch. These are not kids toys, they are real small game takers. Plus, suppressors are legal on air rifles, without any permits. Thinking of getting the 25 caliber rifle and a 30 caliber can (suppressor). Might have a machinist make a special screw on adapter for the can, just to make it more versatile.

Last edited:
The UK is now sailing in very dangerous waters, Extra lock downs, massive unfunded public spending, now the government announces that all petrooilium and diesel powered vehicle production must end within ten years, and move everyone onto electric vehicles that cost 4 times more than a petrol version. They are also trying to outlaw wood burning stoves and gas fired central heating systems all to appease the loony greens.

Its going to cause absolute chaos in the near future, and prepping for state sponsored stupidity is darn difficult.

As posted on another thread, I am switching from firearms to PCP Air Rifles. Lack of firearm ammo is the reason. I can't replace my existing ammo, so I plan to make the switch. These are not kids toys, they are real small game takers. Plus, suppressors are legal on air rifles, without any permits. Thinking of getting the 25 caliber and a 30 caliber can (suppressor). Might have a machinist make a special screw on adapter for the can, just to make it more versatile.

You NEED, really REALLY Need an Edgun Leshiy 2 and or a Walther Reign. The Leshiy being the rolls royce of multi shot tactical PCP carbines :) EDgun West Home -Edgun Leshiy 2

1605825051042.png

You NEED, really REALLY Need an Edgun Leshiy 2 and or a Walther Reign. The Leshiy being the rolls royce of multi shot tactical PCP carbines :) EDgun West Home -Edgun Leshiy 2

View attachment 11474

I subscribe to his channel and enjoy it. Problem is, it is a Rolls Royce and I am on a beer (actually soda) budget. His scope costs more than my planned purchase. I am getting the Air Venturi Avenger, Regulated PCP Air Rifle.

1605825825997.png

I subscribe to his channel and enjoy it. Problem is, it is a Rolls Royce and I am on a beer (actually soda) budget. His scope costs more than my planned purchase. I am getting the Air Venturi Avenger, Regulated PCP Air Rifle.

View attachment 11476

OK lets work within your budget, the Avenger has a good reputation in the US but it can be improved usually with an after market REGULATOR, I dont know what sells in the US but the very best are the Huma regulators from Holland, they are far better than ANY factory regulator. so more full power shots per fill, more consistant pellet velocity, and a longer sweet spot. Do you have better quality after market magazines available in the US for the Avenger?? thats always an improvement. I use CARM magazines from Europe.

You need to find out by experimentation which pellets work best with your gun, it takes time and effort to find the best.

.22 or .25 give the best overall result but I know you Merkins like .30 in your 45 ft pound plus air guns.

Also please watch this video

https://www.airgun101.com/index.php...nturi-avenger-22-full-tuning-guide?Itemid=405

OK lets work within your budget, the Avenger has a good reputation in the US but it can be improved usually with an after market REGULATOR, I dont know what sells in the US but the very best are the Huma regulators from Holland, they are far better than ANY factory regulator. so more full power shots per fill, more consistant pellet velocity, and a longer sweet spot. Do you have better quality after market magazines available in the US for the Avenger?? thats always an improvement. I use CARM magazines from Europe.

You need to find out by experimentation which pellets work best with your gun, it takes time and effort to find the best.

.22 or .25 give the best overall result but I know you Merkins like .30 in your 45 ft pound plus air guns.

Also please watch this video

https://www.airgun101.com/index.php...nturi-avenger-22-full-tuning-guide?Itemid=405

I had already watched and recorded the video. Very good channel, I am a subscriber. I do expect to have some parts to upgrade. I am not going to get the best components for $300. My problem is I have to get a high pressure compressor and they ain't real cheap. A hand pump will be purchased for emergency (shft) but I won't be pumping 140 pumps on a hand pump to charge the rifle, if I can help it. I do know there will be a lot of trial and error tuning the rifle and finding out which ammo (pellets / slugs) it likes. That will be part of the challenge and I am looking forward to it. I figure that between the rifle, compressor, scope, bi-pod and pellets, I am looking at over $1,000. That is a big hit to my weapons budget. I had to push back the purchase of a shotgun as both weapons are not in the current budget. I am really hating the ammo shortage. I had scheduled the air rifles for much later next year. But since I can't get firearm ammo, I will move forward with the air rifle.

Thanks for the tips on after market parts, greatly appreciated.

So my question is, if the SHTF, how will you feel up the air bottles? I have several of the old fashion pump .22 and .177 rifles, good for taking squirrels, rabbits and such. If need be I could possibly hold someone off from entering my house with them with good head shots. There is a show on the outdoor channel for air rifle competition, they are some really nice guns and Very accurate! Being on Disability, it is something I can't go after, but maybe some nice person will will me one, buy me one, give me one?

To answer the thread title, I was prepared food wise for at least 2 years with current household until my own SHTF and now I am down to maybe 6 months worth. Rebuilding sucks but hopefully I can get back up there before anything does happen. We have plenty of water sources around, both for drinking water and fishing, but do really need a better filtration system. I also have rain barrels at each gutter downspout. Ammo I think I am good for awhile. Plenty of firewood for heat, cooking and such. Two generators with enough fuel for a while with conserving. Medical good with only 1 or 2 major incidents happening for now. Plenty of clothing. Garden getting better and neighbor has fruit trees that he never picks, just lets me take what I want. Survival mode kicks in I am sure I can go longer than the very least of 1 year I have stored now. I hope!

Not sure I will ever feel 100% prepared for a permanent grid down situation.

Shelter is good. Location is good. Water is plentiful and numerous sources on property and close to the house, as well as plenty of ways to filter it.

With our chickens, rabbits and lake filled with fish I feel pretty set with protein. But I have on my First Day Disaster List to go directly to neighbor who has beef cattle and buy one to process right away. Have money stashed for that and other purchases, before money is worthless. Saving silver and gold for after the money is used for TP! 😄 Will then head down the road the other way and see about a goat or two and some sheep. If they won’t sell, will be okay, but would rather have them...unless it is winter.

I keep pounds and pounds of heirloom seeds put away. These are rotated and replaced every spring. Have bags of dent corn, rye and oats to use for animals. Wheat for us and sweet corn for us too.

Have plenty of long term storage food for our entire group and some neighbors for a couple of years. Including canned veggies and 10# cans of dried butter and cheese. Think I’ve overdone it with the red and white wheat berries. Since it keeps forever if stored properly we’ve got a few thousand pounds.

Our fruit trees are finally old enough to be putting out quite a bit of fruit as is our vineyard. The green house is great, but would need to add some cold frames and a high tunnel for extra veggies. Have put away lots of wood and materials to build those. Praying our small tractor and rototiller will still work! We do have many hand tools if not.

We have lots of propane and a generator. Considering a back up that would run just the chest freezer, fridge and LED lights, which would use less propane. Hubby is finally going to purchase a solar system and backup for it. Think he’s getting nervous guys? ;)

Not too cold here, but would need to install the wood stove we have to keep us from freezing during December, January and February. 🥶 Lots of woods on our property so we would be okay in that respect for some years.

With our large group coming, there will be more than enough weapons Shoot:ar15: and ammo for at least 2 years. Would really like to have more and also loading equipment. I see that as PERFECT!

Thankfully none of us have medical needs. 🙏 Praying it stays that way. I do have plastic containers filled with medical supplies, pain meds, allergy meds, antibiotics, aspirins, Neosporin, iodine etc, and a large, well stocked medical bag.

We have lots of lanterns, wicks, fuel, batteries, flashlights and a few kerosene heaters with a lot of fuel for them. Backup for the woodstove.

ive gathered plenty of sewing items as well as lots of material,
patches, thread, hooks and buttons.
Watch out GeorgiaPeachie! I may need reservations at your place! :cool: j/k

The ammo shortage is coming to an end. I was recently able to find 9mm ammo for the first time in months. They said that they had just got a big shipment. There are millions in back order ammo and that is causing manufacturers to invest in more equipment to meet demand. I recommend getting to the stores earlier in the day. Give them time to stock the case, but come 8:30 or 9am, get in there ~ it don't stay long. You will be getting some ammo soon. I've always disliked L&M Fleet Supply due to their 80-100% markups on manufacturer price, but with bullets, they havent added a dime due to the demand. For that, I gotta give them points.

If SHTF and an air rifle is on your go-to list, why not invest in a muzzle loader? You can easily buy a bucket of lead alloy tire weights from the local shop (or used car batteries if you like to get messy) and a cast for bullets. Black powder (and much more powerful powders) can be readily made at home with very little research. BTW, there is DEFINITELY NOT a shortage of shotgun ammo.... And they have bottles upon bottles of triple base in town. No shortage of powder or lead. Just the popular (easy and convenient) stuff is gone.

So my question is, if the SHTF, how will you feel up the air bottles? I have several of the old fashion pump .22 and .177 rifles, good for taking squirrels, rabbits and such. If need be I could possibly hold someone off from entering my house with them with good head shots. There is a show on the outdoor channel for air rifle competition, they are some really nice guns and Very accurate! Being on Disability, it is something I can't go after, but maybe some nice person will will me one, buy me one, give me one?

As a back up, I will have a manual hand pump. It is just a not a task I want to do on a regular basis, just for target shooting. Now a real SHTF event and no power, I will be pumping. Slowly but pumping. LOL

Latest posts

Back