Gardening 2023

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I have sometimes bought seeds to experiment with , this year planted my entire garden with my heirloom seeds that I save each year . As for seeds , I want to be ready for an existence without stores . I have even put back seeds for the 30 or so degrees lower temperature , " some know it all " said would be our new temperatures during the Nuclear Winter period .

For any that might be wondering what is mullein or what is it good for , I want it for after SHTF and toilet paper is no longer available , It has very large soft fuzzy leaves
yes the leaves make good TP, they also make a good soup or salad. The flowers are good for tea. The dried stalks are soaked in wax or any oil and used for a torch. You can smoke it or burn it and inhale the smoke for your lungs. Take caution tho. The leaves can be used as inlays in your shoes if your feet are tired or sore. The dried stalks can be used for a fire drill to start your fires also. You can also use it to GO FISHING...you can make a "picescide" which makes the fishes gills fail and they cannot get oxygen and die from lack of oxygen. I got you two videos to help.

yes the leaves make good TP, they also make a good soup or salad. The flowers are good for tea. The dried stalks are soaked in wax or any oil and used for a torch. You can smoke it or burn it and inhale the smoke for your lungs. Take caution tho. The leaves can be used as inlays in your shoes if your feet are tired or sore. The dried stalks can be used for a fire drill to start your fires also. You can also use it to GO FISHING...you can make a "picescide" which makes the fishes gills fail and they cannot get oxygen and die from lack of oxygen. I got you two videos to help.

Helps lungs and breathing.

Interesting. This shows how many types of seeds have already been taken from us!! Not good folks. Not good. Start keeping your own seeds!!

View attachment 19687

The top numbers are from 80 years ago, showing hundreds and hundreds of different types per vegetable. The lower numbers show a dozen to a few dozen types for each vegetable.

Myself, I have two tomato types that I’ve searched everywhere to purchase, without success. The plants this year will be kept totally for seeds.
Hi what two types of tomato are you after.

Check your fertilizer product composition. Look for a 3-digit number. Those digits represent the product's nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium respectively, also known as the "N-P-K ratio." Nitrogen, represented by the first number, promotes leaf growth; phosphorus and potassium, represented by the next two numbers, promote blossoming and fruiting. If the first digit of your fertilizer is higher than the other two, then it has a higher nitrogen content than that of other nutrients, and that product is not the best for tomatoes. (High nitrogen fertilizers work well for lawns as nitrogen promotes foliage.) Choose instead a balanced fertilizer, or even one formulated specifically for tomato blossoming and fruiting, such as
Miracle Gro Tomatoes and Espoma Tomato Tone.

Even if you have chosen an appropriate fertilizer, consider your application schedule. Add fertilizer at planting time, but then wait to feed again until plants have developed golf-ball sized fruit. Over-fertilizing can stimulate excessive leaf growth during the blossoming stage.

The main difference between the 2 products PP mentioned.

MG is an 18-18-21 if my memory is correct. Most MG products have one of the D#@$&** Salts (can’t remember which one) which can build up.

Espoma TT is an organic product 8-8-10 (again memory). The organic products can be very attractive to pets and will act as a stomach irritant. (personal experience). I have had good luck with Hollytone and Citrustone (except for the dog eating it)

1682865096409.png

1682865328310.png

The above is from an introductory video for newer gardeners and meat animal raisers. These numbers above are low according to her for the garden space, which is only 100 sf. Rabbit meat production is from 2 does. The caloric amount per pound did shock me! Number of chickens in this are 6 laying hens. My hens lay more than this though…

Here is the perfect rabbit tractor for your kits to grow out!

View attachment 19699

Am having a family member make 3 of these for me. They will really help a lot with feeding the kits!!
My wife wants me to build her an outside colony for her rabbits. She's nuts about rabbits. She even wants one for inside the house!

I think I'll try this method of fishing this summer.

My wife wants me to build her an outside colony for her rabbits. She's nuts about rabbits. She even wants one for inside the house!
Take it from me- don't do the inside thing.

The idea that they can be litter trained is pretty much a lie. They only get 100% litter trained for pee, so you have to keep them in a hutch unless you're okay with rabbit poop everywhere. (That's not for me.)

They need tons of space. The does can be a-holes, depending on the breed. Hay gets everywhere. If you have a shedding fiber breed, the fiber gets EVERYWHERE.

The only benefits in my view of inside rabbits is a reduction in the risk of fly strike, the ability to easily groom and blow out the coats of fiber breeds, and if you have them as pets, they really do bond with you and get to be like little dogs or something.

It would be hard for me to eat my rabbits because they are really smart animals, which is why we have to have clearly delineated meat and pet/fiber ones. Same with chickens. There are 3 hens I just couldn't eat.

I tell you guys, if this weather doesn't straighten out, I am not going to have food. It is May and we are wearing jackets and the wind makes it very chilly. Hopefully, this is the last cold of the season.

There's weather wars going on. We get rain forming every few days and then it disappears. . We are in a man made drought. The deep state globalist are still in control.

Every year is different, weather wise. We're getting 60's and 70's with warm nights right now and no frost, which isn't "normal". Normally we get our last snow in June. Most things we not able to plant outside until June.
They're calling for rain and flooding starting on Friday.
I really doubt that there's a sinister plot to manipulate the weather. Every year there's a drought somewhere in the US, always has been. Every summer most of the west is in a drought. If someone can truly change the weather, I wish they'd bring us some rain in the summer.

Every year is different, weather wise. We're getting 60's and 70's with warm nights right now and no frost, which isn't "normal". Normally we get our last snow in June. Most things we not able to plant outside until June.
They're calling for rain and flooding starting on Friday.
I really doubt that there's a sinister plot to manipulate the weather. Every year there's a drought somewhere in the US, always has been. Every summer most of the west is in a drought. If someone can truly change the weather, I wish they'd bring us some rain in the summer.

I don't doubt it. Your saying governments don't have the capability or governments aren't sinister?

China, for example, has begun using cloud seeding to induce both rain and snowfall over the country. This began sixty years ago when military aircraft were used to drop silver iodide and liquid nitrogen on the clouds below to thicken the water droplets within, which then induced rain and snowfall.

This technology was also used to induce rainfall during droughts, including before the 2008 Olympics held in Beijing. Given the relative success of the venture, the Chinese government announced in December of 2020 that they'd be expanding the project further. This expansion will result in the project covering a space of over 2.1 million square miles.

To put this into perspective, the project is expanding over an area 1.5 times the size of India. It is predicted that this mammoth venture will be completed by 2025. China has also announced its intentions to cover 224,000 square miles of ground with hail-suppression technology. In China's western region of Xinjiang, hail is an ever-pressing issue for both people and agriculture. Therefore, this venture should help increase agricultural yields significantly, boosting the economy and improving the lives of farmers.

Scientists in the USA's Western state of Wyoming have also delved into the world of weather control. The Wyoming Weather Modification Pilot Program (or WWMPP for short) was an experiment conducted in 2018 that also used cloud seeding technology. Cloud seeding was used in an attempt to induce rainfall over two different Wyoming mountain ranges. The experiment showed that 30% of the rainfall over the mountains was being induced by cloud seeding, a pretty successful result!

Latest posts

Back