Escape and Evasion techniques out of populated areas

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O
theres plenty of reasons really, ill list a few here, mind you, i mean unless you have a home away from people or a bunker or such:
homes are hard to defend against roaming gangs, you can stock a full arsenal, but at the hight of it all, you and any other capable can only shoot 2 guns at a time (unless you have some rediculiously awesome gun rig to shoot more at once lol).
look at any police raid and you'll see what im talking about.
unless you've dug some kind of excape tunnel under your house (which is an awesome thought for HOME OWNERS, lol) you'll more than likely be breached, shot as well as any others that reside in your household. when this happens, everything you stocked up (food/guns/ammo) now belong to the enemy.
all in all, its just very hard to defend a home when roaming gangs come through, and be sure, they will come through.
Devils advocate, lets say you bug out do to gangs or whatever, You go to the mountains with what you can load in the car. How long do you think you can last ? You have a whole new set of dangers to deal with. Everything you have with you is exposed and you cant lock it down. Any type of scavengers i.e " hillbillys" joking on the term, are going to take all your gear while you are out trying to get some food. Then you have Mt lion, rattle snakes and the big one, weather to deal with. I dont know what your out door experience is, who knows all you may need is a swiss army knife. But i do know is most people are in for a real wake up call !! They have no clue or business being in the woods and end up in more danger than if the stayed home. I have found people lost, people with out water, people hurt, came across a booby trap THC farm. A back pack trip is one thing, but staying for a extended period of time with a car load of goods is another. It is just a tough call, take me for instance, I am going to stay at the house as long as i can but by then it could be to late to get anywhere, or gangs got my truck or there are road blocks or no roads, I just dont know. There are pros and cons to both situations. Just wanted to give you the flip side of the coin.

ya you make good points Colt, although i am one of those guys that probably could live with just a simple knife in the forest (although that would suck hard) hell i can even live w/o a knife as i can make makeshift knifes from stones. rattlers? hell i beencatchen them since i was a boy (remember i live/grew up in the desert). (also you can eat snake, and use there skins as watter bladders :) )
yes it would suck alot to get plundered out in the open for all i/we have, however, id still be alive if i simply gave it to them. as ive stated, im well prepared to eat just about everything, and waters around everywhere if you just know where to look.
if i get pilliged out there, im already out there and instincts kick in. if, lets say, i was in my home and decided to give up everything, instincts may pop in but im at the beginning of a long journey with nothing.
if i catch it right, which is more than possable (for here and my location i plan to bug to) GTFO before too much drama SHTF wise happens. i personally can take many different roads, or even off-road trails to get where im going.
primal weapons are easy to make, any stick can become a spear.
the only thing i can say between the 2 really though, is out in the open (by open i mean wild) i/we may have a chance to run and/or hide. cant quite do that inna house.

ya you make good points Colt, although i am one of those guys that probably could live with just a simple knife in the forest (although that would suck hard) hell i can even live w/o a knife as i can make makeshift knifes from stones. rattlers? hell i beencatchen them since i was a boy (remember i live/grew up in the desert). (also you can eat snake, and use there skins as watter bladders :) )
yes it would suck alot to get plundered out in the open for all i/we have, however, id still be alive if i simply gave it to them. as ive stated, im well prepared to eat just about everything, and waters around everywhere if you just know where to look.
if i get pilliged out there, im already out there and instincts kick in. if, lets say, i was in my home and decided to give up everything, instincts may pop in but im at the beginning of a long journey with nothing.
if i catch it right, which is more than possable (for here and my location i plan to bug to) GTFO before too much drama SHTF wise happens. i personally can take many different roads, or even off-road trails to get where im going.
primal weapons are easy to make, any stick can become a spear.
the only thing i can say between the 2 really though, is out in the open (by open i mean wild) i/we may have a chance to run and/or hide. cant quite do that inna house.
Well my friend I hope neither one of us have to do it. Either way its going to suck.

Thank you krime, I really appreciate your insight on hunkering down inside. So you think its better to head out in the open, with those same gangs out there? The only reason I really lean towards staying in the house is because I have little ones. It would be next to impossible to keep them quiet out there when needed. It would be like walking through nam with a boombox blarring. Lol. My collection includes a weapon that sprays rather quickly, I am figuring with the turret cut outs and a well stocked arsenal I may be able to spray them down. I do have fire extinguishers in a few rooms, and have a few back up, but appreciate your insight on burning us out, I havent put much thought in that theory. I just kinda figured I would see trouble coming and start picking them off, until they decided there were millions of other homes to ravage, they better move on before thier army becomes a neiborhood patrol. Lol

Thank you krime, I really appreciate your insight on hunkering down inside. So you think its better to head out in the open, with those same gangs out there? The only reason I really lean towards staying in the house is because I have little ones. It would be next to impossible to keep them quiet out there when needed. It would be like walking through nam with a boombox blarring. Lol. My collection includes a weapon that sprays rather quickly, I am figuring with the turret cut outs and a well stocked arsenal I may be able to spray them down. I do have fire extinguishers in a few rooms, and have a few back up, but appreciate your insight on burning us out, I havent put much thought in that theory. I just kinda figured I would see trouble coming and start picking them off, until they decided there were millions of other homes to ravage, they better move on before thier army becomes a neiborhood patrol. Lol
tbh, im not gonna be as stupid as to say there will be no plunderers in the forest, however, i doubt they'll be gangs, i mean really, how many gang members do you think can actually survive in the forest to actually make it to me? nah, gang members have street smarts, an urban arangement if you will, i dont think there will be too many in the forest.
that being said, the kind of pillager in the forest will be a savy one, one that knows his/her way through the forest, quiet alert. that one scares me. buuuut thats what boobie traps are for lol.
i have kids too, and i assure you their not quiet at all lol, but like i said, theres plenty of room to run/hide/fight if nessecary.

Well my friend I hope neither one of us have to do it. Either way its going to suck.
ya probably, although strangely enough i almost look forward to it. i look forward to homesteading, and tbh i envy the 1800's where i could just find a lake/river and build a ranch next to it no questions asked.

i would also recommend for you, if you dont have one already, a rifle of some type. a shotty is ment for close quarters, and if one stands far enough away, a shotgun may not be that effective. if i stood (mind you idk the exact kill yardage for your shotgun) far enough away, your shotgun may not have too much effect, and i can shoot back with my rifle, or even snipe you off if the person is a reasonable shot.
however, if you switch up (if that happens) you can be the one snipen them off.

I hear ya, the shotgun is for the doorway, handgun if I'm breached, Tommy gun for the crowd and 7mm w/leapold scope for sniping! The last time I picked up a permit for my hangun, the cop said "man If the world ever goes crazy, He's coming to my house not the gun locker in the pd" lol I have over 250 guns with enough ammo to fend off the taliban. Lol

I hear ya, the shotgun is for the doorway, handgun if I'm breached, Tommy gun for the crowd and 7mm w/leapold scope for sniping! The last time I picked up a permit for my hangun, the cop said "man If the world ever goes crazy, He's coming to my house not the gun locker in the pd" lol I have over 250 guns with enough ammo to fend off the taliban. Lol
LMAO!
250????
dude you wanna "leave" a few of those here for awhile??? LOL!

word of advice:
put your security system on a back-up generator as well. no power=no system.
the dog can be taken care of by a simple piece of meat and/or bullet, the 1911 on the other hand will be a bitch, but if theres a roaming gang of 5+ people trying to breach your house, thats where it'll get a lil'tricky for ya.

mind you, im not trying to argue, im trying to give prespective to your plan, so that your better prepared for what may happen.
Ok here's the Deal, we installed bars on the windows and doors, all windows have foot pedals in case of fire. Like you said if someone really wants to get in they can. I'am not going to make it easy for them. Oh and Krime you suck, lol . Now you got me all #$%^ up !!! lol thanks man for keeping me thinking !!!
Krime,
I agree with Colt 1911. You suck! I too have to reevaluate some things! Mind you i too appreciate everyone keeping me on my toes to ensure I have the best strategy possible!
Keep up the great work!

WOW! what I wouldn't give for a collection like that!
My sniping will come from a Remington 700 Police in .308. Though I might do 300 Win Mag as I can't afford .338 Lapua ($120.00 per box of 20).

well i like the "debate" we had, Colt was right when sayen people need to see the flip side of the coin, while we "debated (not really a debate but w/e lol) people including ourselves got to see both sides, the pros and the cons....... well alot of them anyway.
tbh, i was only thinking of what i would do to get inside his house.
remember also when buggen in, survivalist/preppers wont be the only ones with high powered assult rifles. just cuz their illegal, doesnt mean people dont have them.

well i like the "debate" we had, Colt was right when sayen people need to see the flip side of the coin, while we "debated (not really a debate but w/e lol) people including ourselves got to see both sides, the pros and the cons....... well alot of them anyway.
tbh, i was only thinking of what i would do to get inside his house.
remember also when buggen in, survivalist/preppers wont be the only ones with high powered assult rifles. just cuz their illegal, doesn't mean people dont have them.
I agree. Guns of all caliber would soon be in the hands of those who shouldn't have them.

I totally agree and know there will be a lot of armory out there but on the bright side....Did you ever see Thugs shooting guns? I dont know about you, but when I shoot a target, I point, aim and shoot. I dont remember ever being taught to shoot off the hip, or better yet, turning the gun sideways and actually hitting the side of a barn, maybe I missed that class? Lol. The point is, Anyone can shoot a gun, but not everyone knows "HOW" to USE A gun. Lol

I totally agree and know there will be a lot of armory out there but on the bright side....Did you ever see Thugs shooting guns? I dont know about you, but when I shoot a target, I point, aim and shoot. I dont remember ever being taught to shoot off the hip, or better yet, turning the gun sideways and actually hitting the side of a barn, maybe I missed that class? Lol. The point is, Anyone can shoot a gun, but not everyone knows "HOW" to USE A gun. Lol
there are alot of these gang members that are used to holding/using guns left and right. idk how true it is, but i once heard gang members are more suited for war than our military, as they see/live through it everyday. not only that, but there are quite a bit of active gang members in our military too. also, ive seen (on that show Gangland) a gang in, i think San Deago, that military trains there members (i think they go to Mexico to train) with fully automatic weapons.

What! shooting a handgun sideways is NOT accurate? And here I bought some Homie sights.

homie-sights-39a.jpg

Latest posts

Back