Does anyone else see an economic crash coming?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
--- " Warning this video is not suitable for the unprepared . " This video I could have put under several threads but it appears a " bank run " is potentially on the horizon " perhaps this coming Monday " . At the beginning of the video and a little past half way it presents the bank run possibility . I counted eleven banks that are on the list for collapsing . One statement I liked by Canadian Prepper - When SHTF some will have a plan to confront the crises and proceed to implement it - Some will simply panic and run about not knowing what to do - and finally some will simply freeze in a state of terror .

There was an interesting book that came out a few years ago that studied how people responded in life or death situations.
1678548683999.png

It was very educational regarding the mental states of people and why their brains took them there.
Though, historically inaccurate, one of the better lines from the movie Titanic...

" Six were saved from the water, myself included. Six...out of 1500. Afterward, the 700 people in the boats had nothing to do but wait...wait to die...wait to live...wait for an absolution...that would never come.” —Rose

PP, I would take that 40k and buy gold.

I already have much more than that in gold. The 40K is to buy vehicles, tractors, food, fuel, equipment, etc.. as become available at Supreme discounts and to buy those things when everything is collapsing. I don't plan on having any cash left when the shelves are empty and businesses are boarded up.

Anyone else think the FED is on this bank run fiasco? They knew all of these banks taking billions from investors and PPP loans during 2020 ans 2021 covid lockdowns had to be invested in mortgage backed securities, with a return under 2% and a long maturity timeline. So, they send prime through the roof, and now these banks are losing money on the interest they pay to investors. All seems a little too convenient for me.

I especially like how they are now telling everyone which banks to make a run on. SHENANNIGANS!!!

AAAND, they took down cryptocurrency at the same time. Just in time to introduce their own digital currency.

The Stock market and housing are still going up like everything is great out there. Why do I feel like I’m the only one that sees the cliff the economy is about to go over?
You are definitely not the only one.

Just pondering , if lending institutions finish descending into a complete collapse , shutting their doors . Does that mean debtors will not have to repay any debts to them ? Does that mean credit cards and debit cards are worthless ? Does that mean paying your electric bill will not be possible as you will have not any currency in a bank ? -- Regardless of what happens , those that prepared for self- sufficiency will be eating and guarding their survival livestock and or other items they have put in place for a SHTF event . To be optimistic - this might burst those ridiculously high prices for a decent homestead and leave some with a window of opportunity .

Just pondering , if lending institutions finish descending into a complete collapse , shutting their doors . Does that mean debtors will not have to repay any debts to them ? Does that mean credit cards and debit cards are worthless ? Does that mean paying your electric bill will not be possible as you will have not any currency in a bank ? -- Regardless of what happens , those that prepared for self- sufficiency will be eating and guarding their survival livestock and or other items they have put in place for a SHTF event . To be optimistic - this might burst those ridiculously high prices for a decent homestead and leave some with a window of opportunity .
more likely descend into panic and rioting as the masses run out of food, and toilet paper!!

Most banks who give out "mortgages" sell those mortgages, often to the Federal Government on the secondary market. Along with its counterpart, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae purchases about 66% of America’s mortgages from the lenders that originate them.

Your mortgage can end up in the hands of the Federal Government and you may not even know it because your bank retained the administration rights in the sale.

That is why the now infamous "you will own nothing" phrase by the WEF is so onerous. Made worse by the fact that our governments have partnered with banks who are on board with the WEF in some way or another.

About 70% of all privately owned (not owned by a business or corporation) homes have a mortgage. Baby Boomers have the most private ownership. When they are removed from the equation, about 80% of all homes in the US are owned by banks and government entities such as Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.

When a bank collapses, it is much more likely that the Federal government will step in and buy its debt, allowing it to keep at least a portion of the interest so that the balance sheet is stabilized. This in essence will mean that you now owe the Federal Government on your home, rather than the bank.

When the SHTF as it increasingly looks like will happen very soon, what will happen when the government "calls in the loan" claiming that it must get the debt off its hands or face financial ruin?

--- I am moving a post provided by our JimCosta to this thread , in case some missed it . Guys this is getting serious . What may be going to be escalating in the morning will be interesting .-- For those that presume because the government supposedly guaranteed their meager bank holdings , they will escape this , reconsider . When the little home town bank experiences their depositors rushing to their bank and withdrawing their money , guess what will happen . Just like the big boy banks , they will close their doors . Though I can't predict what will happen this week can say this has the potential to be something that will put our survival preparations into full utilization .

I believe anything we envision in America is pure speculation now. Literally anything could happen in the days that come. We can only fight against it and hope that our preparations foresaw our needs appropriately.

And pray, of course.

Speculation though, is what we do as preppers.

I have been prepping for 30+ years now, ever since my household became my own. Over that time, I have covered all bases that I can think of but, It never stops. Reinforcements are always needed and situations can be improved upon.

Because I am pretty well covered after all this time, the way I personally continue to prep is to assess the most likely battle front and then shore up the weakest point at that time.

Some of it is always out of your hands; never enough time or money to cover it all to the extent you would like.

Latest posts

Back