Business Ideas for Coming Times

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea what the state of things will be either locally, nationally or worldwide...so all I can think of is generally speaking... as in services along the lines of necessities that will always be in need: Providing food and means to prepare. Water, shelter, health care, safety/security/including protection from environmental elements, disposal of waste, transportation, communication...

Unless there is a heaven on earth...these things will seemingly always be in demand. Not much of an answer but not sure a grand plan could be made unless you know what circumstances will be ahead of time...be ready to think fast on feet for providing the necessities to self and others. I like the martial arts idea, the firewood, the herbs/holistic ideas, organic fertilizers, solar, etc. Lots of good ideas I see presented here. I really hadn't thought about having business ideas due to thinking only about how will I/we survive...I know I'm not answering your question but It's a good one to think about and I'm liking some of the ideas offered up...
How about running shine?

Ya never know! Likely not to go out of style anytime soon!

There was also some other talk that didn't cohere into ideas but if that changes I'd love to hear it. The mention of a local online newspaper for example - what about it? We can create an online newspaper in 4 hours for $20.00 and do it today. But why? For what purpose? What is the actual idea you are trying to convey? Etc.

And I have no idea what the comment about gun laws was for. The title was "Entrapment". Are you suggesting that commiting entrapment against the police is a good business idea? Are you just making a political point in a non-political thread? Please don't do that.

Campandtravel:

First let me apologize for the poor joke. No, it was not political but rather a legal joke. Thursday when SCOTUS ruled on the gun control issue, the SC nullified the NY gun law. That afternoon someone posted an article quoting a mayor somewhere saying their community would ignore the court's ruling. That prompted my poor joke as in a normal world one doesn't ignore the Supreme Court and survive financially from that experience.

I do a lot of serious writing and sometimes I can't resist having a little fun.

Now to answer your second question, the purpose of the newspaper is to begin organizing a community to mitigate its suffering. The payoff for doing so is it will create many ventures that will both help the community and pay your salary. Many of the ventures will probably draw grants to fund them, including creating the newspaper once it begins to materialize and demonstrate its purpose and possibility.

I have already created a website that details all of this and can be freely used as a blueprint by others to start with. No money changes hands. All support will be provided with like minded communities creating their own support groups for mutual assistance.

Note that the home page states a $100 annual membership. That is not true. It is so that recipients of an invitation letter will be thrown in the trash if it is free, whereas if $100 is stated the reader will give it a quick look to determine if it is worth spending someone else's $100.

Note that one person doesn't have to do it all. Form your own founding group to assist in the undertaking.
If you are not a mover and shaker no problem. When the time is right present the idea to one who is and hook your wagon to their wagon.

See: link Be sure to see: Program Options and Program Details

Last edited:
Hi Jim, I've decided to put you on Ignore. I don't have time for bullshit, and if your posts here are not bad enough I did read your website. Or try to. Wow. (Also it's a Wix website with a gmail contact address - from the person who suggested a web-based newspaper for the coming times. Just wow.) Good luck, no reason you can't keep posting in this thread, but now with you on Ignore I don't have to waste any more of my time reading what you write.

Latest posts

Back